Cardio for weight loss? Or is it all down to caloric deficit.

Spideog

I work 12 hour shifts and I find it very difficult to squeeze stuff in. I find weightlifting beneficial and I enjoy it but I absolutely hate cardio which I find extremely boring. I do kick-boxing twice weekly anyways so it should cover the cardio. My question is does cardio do anything for fat loss or is it all calorie deficit. I suppose doing cardio would help with a deficit due to it burning around 2-300 calories per 40 minute session. I also walk a lot due to my job.

I'm no expert but I think it all comes down to calories in and calories consumed/utilized. As long as you can maintain a caloric deficit you should lose weight.

Cardio can help but is not always needed. It will usually take several hours of cardio for most people to burn 1 pound of body fat. Cutting back on calories is a better way to lose weight in general from my thinking.

It's all about calories. Cardio is a tool to increase the amount you can eat, but it does not compensate for overeating.

The old saying "You can't out-work a bad diet" is 100% true. Fat loss is 85-90% diet IMO. You should, however, always do your cardio for its small contribution to fat loss and all other benefits (heart, BP, etc) especially if using AAS

Uhhh…. It’s all about the calorie deficit and cardio is simply just a tool to create more of a calorie deficit. I feel like you already knew the answer to this question, or at least I hope you did.

Cardio is important for heart health and I believe it’s a must when it comes to AAS use, although it’s absolutely not necessary to lose weight, it’s a very useful tool.