City of Grit's first go at powerlifting

Discussion in 'Powerlifting Forum' started by Cityofgrit, Oct 7, 2019.

1. KL8209

KL8209 Member

Damn bro sorry to hear - where do you have your tendinitis? My wife has it in her one shoulder and it frustrates her to no end.

Cityofgrit likes this.
  2. Cityofgrit

Cityofgrit Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I think it's in my biceps..but it hurts all down my inner arm

KL8209 likes this.
  3. KL8209

KL8209 Member

Have you found anything to relieve the pain at all for you?

Cityofgrit likes this.
  4. Cityofgrit

No, but the guys have suggested getting away from low bar squatting for a while. It puts stress on the elbows and that could be my problem.

KL8209, stomps and Silentlemon1011 like this.
  5. Worf

Worf Member

Wrist wraps

6. KL8209

KL8209 Member

May want to consider testing that out sooner than later. If it is causing the problem it may become a more permanent or more severe issue.

Silentlemon1011 and Cityofgrit like this.
  7. Cityofgrit

Tomorrow is the day. I'm nervous. I want to win. It's not like an actual meet so I may be one of the strongest there even though I'm not compared to you guys.

8. Worf

Worf Member

Good luck man. Choose your attempts wisely and take plenty of food

Cityofgrit and Silentlemon1011 like this.
  9. Good luck brother.
    Hit some PRs!

Cityofgrit and Worf like this.
  10. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Best of Luck Brother. We are all here cheering you on.

Cityofgrit, Worf and Silentlemon1011 like this.
  11. Cityofgrit

So, 375 lbs. squat, 450 lbs. Deadlift., 305 lbs bench. I missed in 470 lbs. In deadlift. My bench was just shit today. Squat was a surprise though

12. Worf

Worf Member

Sounds like me. I think I do good on squats since they are the first lift. I always underestimate my squat. I typically over estimate my bench. That pause makes it quite a bit more challenging

13. Cityofgrit

I've honestly never even approached that weight squatting before. It felt like I could get more. But bench...I have gotten 315 before...just wasn't my day.

KL8209, Silentlemon1011 and Worf like this.
  14. Worf

Worf Member

That’s awesome. For me I think I sand bag on squats because, well it’s on my back and I don’t want to get folded. I’m a lot more balsy with a spot

Cityofgrit likes this.
  15. Cityofgrit

I think it's the same with me. When I'm training it's by myself so I am worried about having to let the bar roll off my back. My deadlift, I really need to bring that above 500 to feel decent about it. The heaviest I had ever gone on it before today was 415. Squat was 325. I'm going to apply my new PRs in my next program. I may have been short changing myself just a little. Bench though...what a fucking disaster. I am going to have to really work on bench.

KL8209, Silentlemon1011 and Worf like this.
  16. stomps

stomps Member

Nice
    Did your win.

Cityofgrit likes this.
  17. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Well done...

Cityofgrit likes this.
  18. Cityofgrit

Honestly guys...this was a little competition. Maybe 25-30 people. I want a 500 lbs. deadlift and I need to figure out what will do that. I have read over a bunch of articles about deadlifting and sub maximal training. I have read an article on progressive movement training and that sounds interesting. I gotta figure this out.

Silentlemon1011 and Btcowboy like this.
  19. stomps

stomps Member

OK take this with a grain of salt cause it was a long time ago that I lifted heavy for meets. This helped me a bit after I did a 5x5 program. Also theart that talks about 50 percent and moving it quick that really did help however I would do a little heavier than 50 percent weight and try and focus on getting all my muscles to fire at the same time for explosiveness hopefully that makes sense :). Theven quote is from an old member who used to Powerlift and gave me some pointers.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    Silentlemon1011 and Cityofgrit like this.
  20. stomps

stomps Member

Also my deadlift was terrible I could max out more squatting.