• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Coinbase issue

Coinbase is a pain. I've had a few issues with CB already. My Friend can't even setup a CC. He tried like 4 different cards and nothing works.

Are you using uphold? Hear some shady stuff about them.
Yeah I have gotten coins from them twice. I also saw the complaints and bad reviews but I've had no problems. I had questions and customer service answered back the same day. Some times I wonder what the people writing the reviews were trying to do with their accounts who knows I hate reviews bc it's only one side of the story. I use Uphold for small amounts of coin($200 or less) and LBC for large amounts.

You can find a Bitcoin ATM in your location. But the amount of money in the ATM you plan on using to make a purchase. Scan the QR code to coinbase. 30-60 minutes the money is available.

Yeah I have gotten coins from them twice. I also saw the complaints and bad reviews but I've had no problems. I had questions and customer service answered back the same day. Some times I wonder what the people writing the reviews were trying to do with their accounts who knows I hate reviews bc it's only one side of the story. I use Uphold for small amounts of coin($200 or less) and LBC for large amounts.
LBC? I need to do large amounts. Close or over 1,000.

LBC? I need to do large amounts. Close or over 1,000.
Localbitcoin.com find a seller using a bank in your area and deposit cash into their account. Only deal with sellers that have 1000+ transactions with 100% positive reviews and you will be good also look for immediate release. This is the best way IMO skips all the exchange nonsense.

I tried Coinbase, and it was fucked.. I ended up using Gemini, which worked better, for me personally. It all seems to be a major fucking PIA, though.. good thing for me was bitcoin price had dropped, so I made a couple of hundred dollars in the last week. It's worth the hassle, for the discount, IMO..

I suspect that they are getting suspicious of people moving coin to other wallets for purpose of buying illicit goods like AAS. A large number of transfers to outside wallets may trigger account closure I bet.
I dont think many guys are actually using a separate wallet which is sure to send a red flag. I have 2 separate wallets. I used them with circle now with coinbase. Had some verification issues but finally got resolved. First wallet linked to legit email and 2nd wallet with no links to me only a secure email. Atm would be the best bet if the closest to me wasn't 4 hours away.

I dont think many guys are actually using a separate wallet which is sure to send a red flag. I have 2 separate wallets. I used them with circle now with coinbase. Had some verification issues but finally got resolved. First wallet linked to legit email and 2nd wallet with no links to me only a secure email. Atm would be the best bet if the closest to me wasn't 4 hours away.
Then people who are making AAS purchases directly from their coinbase wallets are truly making a big mistake. Having a separate wallet for your gear purchases is a must imo.

Then people who are making AAS purchases directly from their coinbase wallets are truly making a big mistake. Having a separate wallet for your gear purchases is a must imo.
How do you know so much? You just hoard shit don't you. Lol so what are you transferring funds from one wallet to another?

It doesn't matter how you do it and how safe you think you are. ATM is probably your best bet. Pretty much anything done electronically leaves bread crumbs, even if your using a vpn. I've said this a million times, if they want to get you, they will.

Transferring bitcoin from one wallet to another before spending doesn't accomplish much of anything.

Why?

Coinbase follows bitcoin movement for minimum of 4 hops. Most other U.S. exchanges probably do the same. They could just as easily follow 10 hops.

You are creating a false sense of security if you think you are fooling anyone by a simple transfer or transfers to different wallets. Terrible advice.

Transferring bitcoin from one wallet to another before spending doesn't accomplish much of anything.

Why?

Coinbase follows bitcoin movement for minimum of 4 hops. Most other U.S. exchanges probably do the same. They could just as easily follow 10 hops.

You are creating a false sense of security if you think you are fooling anyone by a simple transfer or transfers to different wallets. Terrible advice.
Damn...thanks for the info MB. Sounds pretty hard these days to cover your bitcoin tracks.

Why?

I agree.

Why?

So what is safe? Or is there anyway to be safe