Cowboys Log

Discussion in 'Steroid Cycle Log' started by Btcowboy, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

I am strickley a quad guy. I dont have the flexibility to do glutes.

I am pretty slow pushing pin in. Injecting, I dont force it in but guessing around 30 seconds or so for 1ml. I have been reading g and watching videos and think I may be too high. Probably 8ish inches down from hip. What I am seeing is from hip to knee divide into 3 sections and pin in the middle section. That said I am pinning right at the top of that boundary or above it now. I am also tending to be more to the front of the muscle than the side.

I will try a different spot on quads Sunday and see if any better. Hopefully I can go a month of smooth pins to get some confidence back.

2. Wrath

Wrath Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Keep experimenting. There are several viable sites that i use on my quads. They were all a bitch when i first started.

The ole man likes this.
  3. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Thanks starting to question if I have been pinning my rectus femoris and not vastis lateralis....lol

The ole man likes this.
  4. Wrath

The ole man and Btcowboy like this.
  5. Mac11wildcat

Mac11wildcat Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Me and @Btcowboy had a long DM chat. Think we got him lined up now.

6. Wrath

You Da Man.

The ole man and Btcowboy like this.
  7. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Mac11wildcat and The ole man like this.
  8. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Back and Shoulder hypertrophy

Pullups
    10xBW
    8xBW
    6xBW

Bent over barbell rows
    8x185
    8x185
    8x185
    8x185

Close grip pulldown
    15x140
    10x140 drop 8x100

Dumbell rows
    12x70
    12x70
    12x70

Seated Smith shoulder press
    10x50
    10x80
    12x80
    10x80

Upright rows
    12x70
    12x70

Side laterals
    16x15
    15x15
    14x15

Facepulls
    15x40
    15x40
    15x40

FourOneDeuxFitt likes this.
  9. Mac11wildcat

Since I’m here now, what’s driving your hypertrophy work to be straight sets of the same reps and weight? Assuming these aren’t all to mechanical failure?

10. The ole man

The ole man Member

Awesome!
    I was thinking you might be in the wrong spot.

11. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

I am running PHAT on week 3 right now. I ran it for 7 months last year and really enjoyed it and made some of my better gains on it both strength and size.

My understanding of PHAT is on power days (day 1 and 2 of the week) work up to your heaviest and do 3x5 of that weight. On hypertrophy days(day 4, 5, and 6) do the recommended sets and rep scheme at 80% of your power days. I sneak in extra sets, reps or even 3 sets of additional exercises if I still have gas in the tank.

No most of these are not to mechanical failure. To be honest some are but not many.

I am always open to suggestions and tweaking so if you have any advice I am all ears brother.

12. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Yeah I am still leery but will give it a go.

The ole man likes this.
  13. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Chest and Arms Hypertrophy 80%

Flat Dumbell press
    8x65
    8x70
    10x70 had something left for extra 2
    8x70

Incline dumbell press
    11x55
    9x60
    8x60

HS press per side
    15x45
    12x50
    10x50 drop 9x30

High cable flies
    20x22.5
    9x27.5 drop 8x22.5

Low cable flies
    20x17.5
    12x22.5 drop 8x17.5

Cambered bar preacher curls
    12x70 close grip
    10x80 close grip
    9x80 wide grip

Drop set concentration curls
    12x20 drop 5x15 drop 8x10
    10x20 drop 5x15 drop 6x10

Reverse curls
    12x40
    12x50

Pinwheel curls
    10x25
    9x30
    8x35

Seated tricep extensions cambered bar
    12x70
    10x80
    9x80

Vbar pushdown
    15x70
    10x75
    7x80 drop 7x60

14. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Work sucks, lots on the go, lots of hours. Of course all this is kicking the shit out if me. Top with not getting much more than 5 hrs or less sleep I am wiped and gym time is suffering. I don't think PHAT is sustainable right now until work slows up a bit mid May. I will figure a split that works to at least maintain of the next month.

Also after the last couple pins gone bad, I just finished pinning. Went further outside this time. The pin itself was no issue other than me shaking like a leaf after the last 2 pins. See how it goes over the next daybor two. Thanks @Mac11wildcat for taking the time to help me out. Hoping no issues from this one or the many more to come. Looking down at right quad center being 1200, I pinned about 200. And about where my wrist meets my hand down to the tip of middle finger.

I do expect pip die to shaking as bad as I did

Mac11wildcat likes this.
  15. Mac11wildcat

Let me know. If it’s still shitty, drop more towards 230-3

Btcowboy likes this.
  16. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

You bet

17. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Well I am going g to switch to a PPL program. I think I will be better able to alter course when work causes me miss a work out.

I am looking at Creeping Death 2 variation with focus in chest, shoulder, and Tricep. 1 leg day per week. Just need to out it together over the next day or 2 and start Sunday It will look something like this.

Sunday Push
    Monday Pull
    Tuesday Off
    Wednesday Legs
    Thursday Push Pump
    Friday Pull Pump.

I think this will allow me a little more flexibility in missed workouts and recovery.

See how it goes

FourOneDeuxFitt and Mac11wildcat like this.
  18. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

With a change in programming I have been doing some self evaluating as well.

1. Not dropping fat as I had hoped. Add some cardio just finding the time for it. Supplements after cardio increased and fat loss slows. Need to tweak diet some, although not sure what to drop yet.

2. Biggest issue now is sleep. I go to bed about 730-800 and don’t fall asleep until midnight or later. Tried melatonin 10mg and sometimes it helps other times nothing. One consistent result is tired and groggy getting up at 500. Googling supps to help with this today as I have also tried chamomile tea with little help.

This week is going to be a week of change. Change in program, change in diet possibly, change in cardio. Want to get this figured out soon, summer is coming.

As for last pin, no issue pinning, little to no pip since. So yes I was an idiot and slowly moved my pinning sites closer to the center of my quad. Pinned wrong muscle, dummy.

19. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Work and lack of sleep kept me out of the gym the past week. Felt like shit missing the gym.

Back at it today starting a new program. Running John Meadows Creeping Death 2.

Week 1 Push 1
    Slight incline dumbell press, leave 2 in the tank sets of 8
    50x80
    55x8
    60x8
    60x8

Incline dumbell press work up until barely get 6 reps count last 3
    50x6
    55x6
    60x6

Machine press cluster set. Find a tough 8 then rest 30 sec and go again same weight
    60x8
    60x8
    60x4
    60x3

Pec Dec 10 second stretch pause on last rep each set
    100x8
    110x8
    115x8

Reverse pec dec use same weight rest 90 sec
    85x15
    85x15
    85x15
    85x15

Seated Smith shoulder press
    50x6
    70x6
    80x6
    80x6

Dip machine tricep pushdown started too light so kept going up
    40x10
    45x10
    55x10
    65x10
    70x10

Skull crushers 90 seconds rest
    60x12
    60x12
    60x10
    60x8
    Should have started lighter on this one.

Felt awesome after the week off to get back at it. Diet the past week was ok, with some shit food here and there. Work got the best of me. New program, new mindset.

I think I am really going to enjoy creeping death 2.

20. It’s an awesome program. Perfect if your limited on days in the gym. Glad to see ya back man.

Btcowboy likes this.