Cowboys Log

Discussion in 'Steroid Cycle Log' started by Btcowboy, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

I enjoyed the first day. Looking forward to the rest

The ole man and FourOneDeuxFitt like this.
  2. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Creeping Death day 2

1 arm dumbell row leave a couple in the tank
    65x8
    70x8
    75x8
    80x8

Asst chins medium probated grip
    -40x8
    -45x8
    -55x8

Dumbell pullovers
    40x10
    45x10
    50x10

Dumbell shrugs 2 sec squeeze
    60x12
    70x12
    75x12

Short on time skipped hypers and hang

Didnt write down bicep portion so guessed
    Dumbell preacher curls
    25x8
    30x8
    35x8
    40x8

Dumbell hammer curls
    30x10
    35x8
    40x5

21's top bottom full rom
    12.5x21
    15x21
    15x21

Had to rush a bit tonight to get home for a prelim phone interview.

3. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Well this ain’t going as planned......
    Work.....

Working 12 to 14 hr shifts trying to finish up in a couple weeks. Up at 5am home after 7pm. That said not hitting the gym often. Life has a way of fucking up the best made plans.

Loving creeping death at least what I have done to this point. I will do what I can over the next couple weeks. Then round 2 for dental surgery, back on soup diet for a couple weeks. I will get this back on track in the next little while. I am sure glad I am cruising right now and not blasting as it would be a wasted cycle

The ole man likes this.
  4. Sounds like your just leading up to a viscous come back!!! Always a positive out of the situation. Life happens and unfortunately it’s not always in our favor. I know for me personally it’s not more times that less. But what matters is not giving up.

Worf, The ole man and Btcowboy like this.
  5. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Thanks Brother I will never give up. Fought too hard to get here and ain’t going back.

The ole man likes this.
  6. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Quick update

I should be done the long days now. Start back at the gym tomorrow and through next week until I get home, that will be 7 weeks straight away at work, will be nice to get home next Friday.

I will say diet has been about 70% good 30% bad. Easy tweak back to 100% tomorrow.

Only hurdle coming up is dental surgery again on the 21st. Do what I can that week then balls to the wall after that.

Will be starting Creeping Death over again from the start and look at speeding up cutting fat by calories and added cardio. I will look at ECA stack after that.

The ole man likes this.
  7. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Yay back in the gym and fuck it felt great. I am in a much better mood because of it. Plan as follows, week 1 creeping death until next Thursday. Then I will take a 1 week reset again due to surgery. The following Sunday repeat week 1 and run with creeping death for 12 weeks.

Week 1 Push

Slight incline dumbbell bench press RPE 8
    55x8
    60x8
    65x8
    65x8

Incline dumbbell bench press RPE 8-10
    55x6
    60x6
    60xfail shoulder issue, drop 55x6

HS press RPE 11 cluster set 30 sec rest
    65x8
    65x6
    65x1

Pec Dec RPE 10, 10 sec stretch on each last rep
    100x8
    115x8
    125x8

Reverse pec dec RPE 8-11 90 sec rest
    90x15
    95x15
    95x14
    90x12

Seated smith press RPE 9
    50x6
    70x6
    90x6
    100x6

Assisted dip pad tricep push downs RPE 9 90 sec rest
    60x10
    70x10
    80x10
    90x10

Skull crushers RPE 9
    50x12
    60x10
    50x12
    50x12

FourOneDeuxFitt and The ole man like this.
  8. Couchlockd1

Couchlockd1 Member

Is this cowboy that I know?

Log looks familiar.

9. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

I am not sure but doubt it as I don't know anyone on here

The ole man likes this.
  10. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Day 2 Creeping Death

Pull

Dumbell rows RPE8
    70x8
    80x8
    90x8
    90x8

Asstd chins RPE9
    -70x8
    -70x8
    -70x8
    I have been doing BW pull ups but find I cheat a bit. Read up that it is more important to use better form, full stretch and full flex and to use then asstd machine to ensure that happens

Dumbell pullovers RPE9
    40x10
    50x10
    55x10

Hyperextension RPE8 slow
    25x10
    25x10
    25x10

Hang
    BWx60 seconds

Leg raises RPE9
    20, 15, cramps lol

Dumbell preacher curls RPE9
    30x10
    35x10
    40x8
    35x10

Dumbell hammer curls RPE9 after 8th rep 5 more partials
    20x8+5
    25x8+5
    25x8+5
    25x8+5

11. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Creeping Death day 3

Legs
    Seated curls work up to a good 10 and then done more then drop sets down RPE 9-12
    115x10
    115x10
    115x10
    115x10 drop 100x10 drop 85x10 I was a little light on these

Squat 3 second decent 1 sec pause explode up. Run 60% of max. RPE 8
    225x6
    225x6
    245x6
    245x6
    245x6

Supposed to be Bulgarian split squats of death but dont like split squats. So tried hack squats of death....bad idea RPE insane
    180x8 8th rep pause at bottom 10 sec
    270x8 8th rep pause at bottom 10 sec
    360x8 8th rep pause on bottom 10 sec drop 270x8 8th rep pause in bottom 10 sec drop 180x8 pause on bottom 10 sec. As mentioned felt my head explode on this one. I still have a pounding headache 2 hrs later.

Stiff leg deadlift 5 sec lower 1 sec pause RPE 8-9
    135x10
    135x10 kept light as my headache from above

Standing calf raises RPE 9-10 2 sec flex and 2 sec stretch
    170x10
    200x10
    220x10
    230x10
    240x10
    240x10

The ole man, FourOneDeuxFitt and Worf like this.
  12. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Exertion headache finally gone almost 48 hours later. Now the DOMs, and damn after not working legs for a few weeks and then doing what I did.... I can barely walk or stretch my calves.

Got put on nights for the last two nights (tonight/tomorrow)of this long ass hitch. Also lost my wheels from work because they need it at work during the day. So that fucked me for 2 workouts.

Home Friday, gonna stretch a 200mg pin over 9 days, no choice. Not a great trip home in store. Got to pick up my truck hopefully from body shop 8 weeks later, buy a new lawnmower, put down one of my dogs, and have oral surgery on Tuesday.

Should be back to normal again when I get back to work after 9 off

The ole man and Worf like this.
  13. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Yesterday was a rough one. As planned we put one of our dogs down. He was such a comical little shit. Wife couldn't do it so I took him in on my own. He is in a better place now and not suffering. Had some beers in the backyard with the wife talking and reminiscing.

Tomorrow is round 2 dental surgery. Will see if I am on soup diet for 2 more weeks or if I can eat real food. Regardless wont affect my work outs once I get back on track in Sunday. Taking this week to heal the mouth and the mind.

14. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Well, surgery done yesterday. I am stitched basically 3/4 of my upper gums. Quite sore and swollen today, I think I over did it yesterday. Made up a lemon and orzo chicken soup yesterday. Orzo seperate so can add the amount to the soup I want. Left the chicken bigger pieces and can chew on the untouched 1/4 of mouth not stitched. Tried a small piece of toast and can get away with that if careful. To make a long story short, I don’t think my diet will have to change to 100% soup. Trying things out today again see hw far I can push it to get the nutrition right

Worf and FourOneDeuxFitt like this.
  15. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Well just got told I go back to work Monday and will be laid off Friday. So workout plan will be altered some to drive up to work, finish my last few days of work, pack and clean my apartment and then drive home. I will do what I can next week and be hitting g full steam ahead at my home town gym. Plus sounds like I may have a job working g from home. All will be good

FourOneDeuxFitt likes this.
  16. Sounds like your happy about the changes man. Keep pushing hard.

Btcowboy likes this.
  17. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Thanks brother, been up here working for the last 2 years, gonna be nice to be at home for bit. Hate the gym at home because they only go to 75lb dumbbells but will make it work. My routine, eating, work out time if day will be changing just got to get at it.

Just spent the last 12 hrs travelling to work. Shop and prep cook a weeks worth of food tomorrow, pin, and get back in the gym up here. Will just do the 2 pump days in creeping death twice this week. Got to pack, and clean apartment I rent up here this week. Load truck 430am on Saturday and do the 12 hrs return drive.

I can’t wait to get settled into my new routine at work..hate that the last couple months have been hit or miss

18. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

After a 14 hour trip, I am finally home. Got some unpacking to do today, and a grocery run. Tomorrow food prep and start back at it.

The last few months have been a struggle to get to the gym, and eat right. Between, 2 dental surgeries, a plant shutdown and 24 straight 12 hr shifts, and now a layoff and 2 road trips to get and pack up my work apartment. I hope I haven't back tracked too much. Time to get real, time to get back at doing what I love doing. Hoping to get back to work in a week or so.

19. Glad to see ya getting settled in. I know when I was out for a few weeks man I couldn’t wait to get back to it. These last two weeks have been amazing physically and mentally man.

Worf likes this.
  20. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Brother, I know what you mean. The few times I got to the gym made me feel on top of the world again. I am thinking a blast is what's in order to kick start again. I got to look at finances, and time and looking a abombs and test for a quick 10 to 12 week blast to get the mojo back lol.