Dangers of oral AAS: Is it really all overblown and a myth?

Arnold and lots of other bodybuilders have deployed/used Dbol and Anadrol for many many years. How is that their livers have not failed, no hepatic tumours, no liver cancer if oral 17-Alka steroids are said to be so bad and detrimental. How is this possible that they took them for years without all these scary side effects?

Yet, someone says I will do a 8-10 week run of 50-100mg of Anadrol, and suddenly liver failure, liver tumours and cancer is a verdict from everyone.

Liver always repairs. It can be in piss poor shape severely damaged and recover with enough time and rehab .

It's the kidneys you need to look out for and cholesterol.

People don't advocate against orals because of supposed connections to liver tumors or liver failure (I mean if you push it really hard liver failure could occur).

I think most people advocate against orals because they rapidly trash your health markers. If your on HGH too, the liver is responsible for the majority of IGF-1 production so if your liver values are struggling it probably won't translate into a good IGF score

That said I love orals. Anavar/winstrol, while I have a love/hate relationship with superdrol (the lethargy sucks horribly)

But I have been rethinking my approach since learning about liver health and IGF-1 production. If I'm going to spend a bunch on hgh might as well maximize it. I'll still probably sprinkle in some winstrol/var every now and then because im a sucker for the dry/vascular look, but I might sit on the superdrol for a while

Wasn't there a story about some roidheads pushing horror stories about oral steroids to sell their shi tty liver protectors like N2Guard etc?

Arnold and lots of other bodybuilders have deployed/used Dbol and Anadrol for many many years. How is that their livers have not failed, no hepatic tumours, no liver cancer if oral 17-Alka steroids are said to be so bad and detrimental. How is this possible that they took them for years without all these scary side effects?

Yet, someone says I will do a 8-10 week run of 50-100mg of Anadrol, and suddenly liver failure, liver tumours and cancer is a verdict from everyone.

Liver always repairs. It can be in piss poor shape severely damaged and recover with enough time and rehab .

It's the kidneys you need to look out for and cholesterol.
Are you two related somehow?

Liver side effects are overblown. Like the other poster said the health risks mostly has to do with how much they lower HDL.

Most of the fear mongering comes from unregulated superdrol/pro hormone days where guys were probably taking 30-50mg superdrol or m1t. Or msten (probably drinking on this too) and not taking breaks thinking it's just a sup from GNC.

The only ones I've seen a lot of people report unhealthy elevated enzymes are from mtren/halo. some other ones based on individual genetics or specific source they had but these are outliers.

I'm on the lookout for actual oral superdrol labs or injectable superdrol labs. I want to see the enzymes ON sdrol, not 3-4 weeks after.

I'm so curious I'm going to do my own test soon.

IMO, Running orals makes your blast time shorter/unhealthier with injectables because of your cholesterol.

Also there was a big TUDCA craze a few years back. Spending more on TUDCA than the oral itself. Tudca for like 30mg dbol lol come on.

I think the 4 weeks is a good time but not gospel, I did see a study about anavar not having that much benefit after 6 weeks but who knows. I don't think we should panic if we see someone run the tame orals 8 weeks.

I think pre workout dosing is a good way to mitigate risk.

Depends where you stand with your liver health.
I can tell you that 200mg proviron everyday for a week has my appetite tanked and has me feeling lethargic ;)

I am considering to add Anadrol at 50 mg per day, for 7-8 weeks. I am not planning to use TUDCa or any protectants. I have real Anapolon from Turkey.

I am not trying to justify this intention, just hope for general support that what I am planning to do is not a safe way to side effects city, liver tumours and Kidney failure

I am considering to add Anadrol at 50 mg per day, for 7-8 weeks. I am not planning to use TUDCa or any protectants. I have real Anapolon from Turkey.

I am not trying to justify this intention, just hope for general support that what I am planning to do is not a safe way to side effects city, liver tumours and Kidney failure
Best way to prevent possible problems is to do bloods every weeks. Also if you experience any lethargy that doesn't go away combined with lack of appetite it's a sign of organ stress. It's fine as long as you do it with your head. If your body and bloods says otherwise then don't be dumb dumb to continue this cycle. Be prepared to stop when the time is right, but stick to the plan if everything is fine and you feel all right.

People don't advocate against orals because of supposed connections to liver tumors or liver failure (I mean if you push it really hard liver failure could occur).

I think most people advocate against orals because they rapidly trash your health markers. If your on HGH too, the liver is responsible for the majority of IGF-1 production so if your liver values are struggling it probably won't translate into a good IGF score

That said I love orals. Anavar/winstrol, while I have a love/hate relationship with superdrol (the lethargy sucks horribly)

But I have been rethinking my approach since learning about liver health and IGF-1 production. If I'm going to spend a bunch on hgh might as well maximize it. I'll still probably sprinkle in some winstrol/var every now and then because im a sucker for the dry/vascular look, but I might sit on the superdrol for a while

Thanks for your response! I have seen some studies which showed that HGH is incredibly potent at liver regeneration and amplifying its antioxidative mechanisms. Running HGH with orals like Anadrol and Winstrol could be one way to mediate any possible damage to the liver.

Thanks for your response! I have seen some studies which showed that HGH is incredibly potent at liver regeneration and amplifying its antioxidative mechanisms. Running HGH with orals like Anadrol and Winstrol could be one way to mediate any possible damage to the liver.

I believe the effect of rHGH on the liver is a net negative given the ressources it take to convert HGH to IGF-1.

Also, let's all make sure to properly write rHGH when mentioning exogenous recombinant HGH ;)

The bigger question is why would you want to do extra oral steroids when you can just use more injectable with a far lower health impact. Pinning isn't so bad. Arnold, etc wasn't basing cycles around the oral. The dbol is just a kick start, or add on to the main cycle. Oral steroids really do destroy your health markers.

I've never done anadrol, but 20-30mg of Pheraplex gave me the cardio of the average walmart scooter user. I'm done with that stuff... Most of us are still trying to look, and feel good when we get old. Blasting a lot of orals is a good way to have issues early on.

The bigger question is why would you want to do extra oral steroids when you can just use more injectable with a far lower health impact. Pinning isn't so bad. Arnold, etc wasn't basing cycles around the oral. The dbol is just a kick start, or add on to the main cycle. Oral steroids really do destroy your health markers.

I've never done anadrol, but 20-30mg of Pheraplex gave me the cardio of the average walmart scooter user. I'm done with that stuff... Most of us are still trying to look, and feel good when we get old. Blasting a lot of orals is a good way to have issues early on.

Couldn't have said it better, great and relevant point ;)

There is nothing an oral does that an injectable cannot do better, except burden your liver hahaha ;)

I actually agree with the statement that orals aren’t as dangerous as commonly said, at least as a generality. Still, the argument that they’re safe because Schwarzenegger didn’t get liver tumors or whatever is fucking stupid. How many of his peers did? How many did half of what he did and died? This is survivorship bias.

Couldn't have said it better, great and relevant point ;)

There is nothing an oral does that an injectable cannot do better, except burden your liver hahaha ;)
In an untested bodybuilding contest ya but don't forget there are other sports out there with tested competitions.

Russian state sponsored program in 2014 used a mixture of oral steroids dissolved in alcohol and it was used sublingually and spat out afterwards. (multiple reasons such as gaming the testing system and with orals you can always use the old excuses 'somebody put into my water' 'I was stupid and took a C vit pill from my Gf's chinese supplements'). Some would even say its stupid because orals only tank your T levels and what you might gain you will lose during the cold turkey stop period etc. (probably they can inject some sort of testosterone that doesnt fail on the testosterone to epitestosterone test and they can keep it in the middle of the range without being detected but just a speculation on my part) But certainly those doctors and chemists thought otherwise.

Depends on the context.

I know its a very special context and its mostly a BB forum with lots of hobbyists and for them what you say is 100% true.

Last edited:
Also there was a big TUDCA craze a few years back. Spending more on TUDCA than the oral itself. Tudca for like 30mg dbol lol come on.

Lol I run tudca year round, orals or no orals. Health supps are definitely the most expensive part of this for me, moreso than the food if we’re just talking chicken, beef, and rice

Sponsors

Latest posts