Dangers of oral AAS: Is it really all overblown and a myth?

Liver side effects are overblown. Like the other poster said the health risks mostly has to do with how much they lower HDL.

Most of the fear mongering comes from unregulated superdrol/pro hormone days where guys were probably taking 30-50mg superdrol or m1t. Or msten (probably drinking on this too) and not taking breaks thinking it's just a sup from GNC.

The only ones I've seen a lot of people report unhealthy elevated enzymes are from mtren/halo. some other ones based on individual genetics or specific source they had but these are outliers.

I'm on the lookout for actual oral superdrol labs or injectable superdrol labs. I want to see the enzymes ON sdrol, not 3-4 weeks after.

I'm so curious I'm going to do my own test soon.

IMO, Running orals makes your blast time shorter/unhealthier with injectables because of your cholesterol.

Also there was a big TUDCA craze a few years back. Spending more on TUDCA than the oral itself. Tudca for like 30mg dbol lol come on.

I think the 4 weeks is a good time but not gospel, I did see a study about anavar not having that much benefit after 6 weeks but who knows. I don't think we should panic if we see someone run the tame orals 8 weeks.

I think pre workout dosing is a good way to mitigate risk.

TUDCA should be ran by everyone, steroids or not.
We all have insane amounts of sludge in our gallbladers and livers that could use some solubilization.
UDCA is recognized in the medical context for that very purpose, it's far from a craze and far from being needed only by those with NAFLD.

Liver side effects are overblown. Like the other poster said the health risks mostly has to do with how much they lower HDL.

Most of the fear mongering comes from unregulated superdrol/pro hormone days where guys were probably taking 30-50mg superdrol or m1t. Or msten (probably drinking on this too) and not taking breaks thinking it's just a sup from GNC.

The only ones I've seen a lot of people report unhealthy elevated enzymes are from mtren/halo. some other ones based on individual genetics or specific source they had but these are outliers.

I'm on the lookout for actual oral superdrol labs or injectable superdrol labs. I want to see the enzymes ON sdrol, not 3-4 weeks after.

I'm so curious I'm going to do my own test soon.

IMO, Running orals makes your blast time shorter/unhealthier with injectables because of your cholesterol.

Also there was a big TUDCA craze a few years back. Spending more on TUDCA than the oral itself. Tudca for like 30mg dbol lol come on.

I think the 4 weeks is a good time but not gospel, I did see a study about anavar not having that much benefit after 6 weeks but who knows. I don't think we should panic if we see someone run the tame orals 8 weeks.

I think pre workout dosing is a good way to mitigate risk.
Wait are we not running tudca anymore? Ugh no one tells me anything!

Thanks for your response! I have seen some studies which showed that HGH is incredibly potent at liver regeneration and amplifying its antioxidative mechanisms. Running HGH with orals like Anadrol and Winstrol could be one way to mediate any possible damage to the liver.
Please share these studies

Liver always repairs. It can be in piss poor shape severely damaged and recover with enough time and rehab .

It's the kidneys you need to look out for and cholesterol.
This isn't completely true. Scaring, fatty liver disease, cancer?

Yes it's overblown. The liver is very resilient, and considering the number of fat, lazy asses that drink, smoke, and eat shit for a diet taking an oral AAS in a sane dosage for a limited amount of time is really nothing in comparison. The main issue with orals is their negative effect on cholesterol, which varies from person to person, and is temporary.

Most of the Guys I've talked to over the years that were having problems with their Kidneys or Liver.
Never ran any Bloodwork.
Then they go to the Doctor, and he does Bloodwork, and there's a problem.

I've always told anyone that wants to run AAS.
To 1st run Bloodwork to make sure they are healthy enough to do a Cycle.
Then run more Bloodwork Mid-Cycle, and at least 6 Weeks Post-Cycle.
That's at least 6 Weeks after finishing PCT.

And to also run Tudca and NAC along with your regular regiment of Vitamins/Minerals.
You need to be Proactive with your Health................. JP

And to also run Tudca

It shouldn't be that definitive a statement.
Depends what's your total acidic load to begin with given how much of gut dysbiosis you have.

If you have lots of lactic acid in your blood better slightly offlaod your liver first with liver flushes and coffee enemas before touching tudcACID

Vitamins/Minerals.

If you make sure first it doesn't contain ALA which can redistribute heavy metals in organs

You need to be Proactive with your Health................. JP

Yes, by putting it into a good doctor's hands ;)

I think orals get a bad name because of the type of people that tend to run "oral only" cycles and don't know what the hell they are doing...we all know the type. Then they turn yellow and blame it on the steroids...I have seen studies of people running Oxymetholone for 24 weeks and yes their enzymes rose but not to concerning levels. And these people were on dialysis and got 100 mg daily for 24 weeks! Now I would never do this myself, but I really think orals get a bad rep because of the idiots who run this and use drugs or drink or think "hey I get stronger, let me take 10 tablets instead of 2 and get even stronger".

read it for yourself, the summary says this:

Background and objectives​

Sarcopenia is common in hemodialysis patients. This study examined whether the anabolic steroid oxymetholone improves muscle mass and handgrip strength in hemodialysis patients and possible mechanisms that might engender such changes.

Design, setting, participants, & measurements​

Forty-three eligible hemodialysis patients were randomly assigned to ingest oxymetholone or placebo for 24 weeks. Body composition, handgrip strength, and quality of life were measured during the study. Muscle biopsies were performed and analyzed for mRNA levels for myostatin, IGF-I, IGF binding proteins, and myosin heavy chains and protein expression. Muscle fiber types and diameter were assessed by reduced nicotinamide–adenine dinucleotide staining.

Results​

There was a significantly greater increase in fat-free mass and handgrip strength and decrease in fat mass in the oxymetholone compared with the placebo group. Moreover, compared with baseline values, patients given oxymetholone exhibited an increase in fat-free mass, handgrip strength, physical functioning scores, and type I muscle fiber cross-sectional area and a decrease in fat mass, whereas patients receiving placebo did not undergo changes. There was a significantly greater increase in muscle mRNA levels for myosin heavy chain 2×, IGF-I, and IGF-II receptor with oxymetholone treatment than placebo. Liver enzyme rose significantly in the oxymetholone group, but the number of values greater than three times the upper limit of normal were not different between these groups.

I guess there's no hard proof. Everyone has their achilles heel when it comes to health. So there are stories about some guys running dbol and permanently fucking themselves up. Then there are guys who supposedly run orals for 6 months and have decent liver values.

I would personally be worried about lipids because orals are known to be one of the worst things and screw up blood work significantly.