Delivered to mailbox, no package. USPS

y777

Hi guys

anyone ever get a usps delivered confirmation (left in mailbox ) but nothing in actual mailbox ? The days mail was delivered including other packages.

i was following the tracking number and it looked fine until the day of Had something else coming that day and they both left the local center on that same morning but different times

checked my surveillance and no one came by the mailbox , plus I went to check for it as soon as I got the delivery email confirm

maybe the mailman just bulk scans delivered to be lazy and he cut his route short and delivers it on Monday ?

was reading on Reddit etc that you can go into your local PO and they can check the GPS coordinates of the handheldwhen they scanned that it was delivered.

id be ok writing it off buton the other hand don’t want a neighbor going thru this , or if it was seized bylocals would i get a letter ? Wouldn’t mind knowing if The address was compromised for future deliveries.

was gonna go in and see about the GPS, rather than filing a claim online. Keep it somewhat off the books.
thoughts ?

thank you

When this happens to me its usually been delivered to the wrong address. I immediately go check neighbors boxes when I can without being noticed. Don't want your neighbors teenager opening a box of your gear...

Hi guys

anyone ever get a usps delivered confirmation (left in mailbox ) but nothing in actual mailbox ? The days mail was delivered including other packages.

i was following the tracking number and it looked fine until the day of Had something else coming that day and they both left the local center on that same morning but different times

checked my surveillance and no one came by the mailbox , plus I went to check for it as soon as I got the delivery email confirm

maybe the mailman just bulk scans delivered to be lazy and he cut his route short and delivers it on Monday ?

was reading on Reddit etc that you can go into your local PO and they can check the GPS coordinates of the handheldwhen they scanned that it was delivered.

id be ok writing it off buton the other hand don’t want a neighbor going thru this , or if it was seized bylocals would i get a letter ? Wouldn’t mind knowing if The address was compromised for future deliveries.

was gonna go in and see about the GPS, rather than filing a claim online. Keep it somewhat off the books.
thoughts ?

thank you
I have had it happen once and it was delivered the next day. Probably a lazy mailman or like someone else said they accidentally put it in your neighbor's mailbox.

When this happens to me its usually been delivered to the wrong address. I immediately go check neighbors boxes when I can without being noticed. Don't want your neighbors teenager opening a box of your gear...
That seems to occur if the house number got transposed or there's a street in another town that's same name as yours. Had this happen to me even for non-gear items.

I have notifications set up to tell me what is being delivered today to my mailbox from the USPS. Sometimes it shows up a day or 2 later.

Thanks for everyones replies. I’ll keep you posted.

I’ll hold off on re-ordering and will give it a couple of days before I go into the local post office.

glad I have my orders split up….. extra $45 is a piece of mind and just extra risk management. Sometimes it’s not just losing product but also losing time having to wait for another shipment

Thanks for everyones replies. I’ll keep you posted.

I’ll hold off on re-ordering and will give it a couple of days before I go into the local post office.

glad I have my orders split up….. extra $45 is a piece of mind and just extra risk management. Sometimes it’s not just losing product but also losing time having to wait for another shipment
I had this exact same thing happen to me, as well as one other guy i know. Package was delivered next day so hang tight.

Had this happen to me.. my neighbor which I have see around the neighborhood before dropped my pack off to my house. Luckily he didn’t open it but even if he did the stuff was vacuum sealed. If I had not recognized him from the neighborhood i would have denied, deny.. deny..

Hi guys. Thanks all for sharing of your experiences.
went to the local PO and they looked to the GPS for the scan. Turns out they did deliver it to the wrong address.

Said they’d send someone to pick it up , which they did and it was dropped off same day , along with the rest of my daily mail. No update to the scan on my end - still shows the original delivered date, which is what I’d prefer. Keep it low key.

went to the local PO and they looked to the GPS for the scan. Turns out they did deliver it to the wrong address.

Said they’d send someone to pick it up , which they did and it was dropped off same day , along with the rest of my daily mail. No update to the scan on my end - still shows the original delivered date, which is what I’d prefer. Keep it low key.
Good that it all ended well and that the pack was not opened by the person it was accidently delivered to.

The local office number in back isn't found online but you can ask for it in person and save it. You can call and have them do everything you just mentioned. Ask them to check the GPS "scan where you stand" coordinates. Scan were you stand is what they preach to workers.

Don't you worry if you're at work or something and your neighbors get their mail before you go check? What then?

Check with your neighbors. Mine get my packages all the time, our mailman would give tommy chong a run for.his money in a smoke off. If it wasn't consistently annoying it'd be hilarious.