DHT benefits

Yes, you are right

But this is not gonna work without finasteride. For me it's a waste of money if you do transplant without taking finasteride for the rest of your life because your previously "safe" hair is gonna start falling again and you'll left with the stronger hair you took from the back of your scalp.

So take a breath and consider the options. I'm doing some stuff to prevent further hair loss without finasteride or dutasteride and although Turkey is next to me i won't spend a dime on it since i'm not willing to start these medications. I have accepted though sooner or later i'll shave my head entirely and i'm ok with that.
I get what you are saying Eddie, and also 90% of ethical doctors won't operate on you if you haven't been on finasteride at least for a year prior and continue to do so after the hair transplant. Top doctors (and here im not talking about turkish hair mills) they care a lot about their reputation, so they don't want someone ending up with bad results and then blaming the clinic online, when they continue to lose hair.

But at the same time i disagree... personally i will never touch fin or dut, but im planning to do a hair transplant in the near future. It will cover the hairline part, and you will always have enough grafts for 2 operations. After that, you can fill in the missing pieces with SMP and make it look very dense, without looking fake. I imagine this is the best scenario for someone who doesn't want to take these poisonous DHT lowering drugs.

SMP a few years ago looked like shit, you could clearly see it was a head tattoo, but if you check out some of the work being done now, the field has advanced so much, and it looks quite amazing. I think HT combined with SMP is the future.

1721837928073.png

1721838089056.png

Last edited:
It can work without fina if you have enough donor hair and of course what your expectations are. But more power to you if you're ok with shaving

Of course it can work, you'll just have to do more than one eventually and trust me i have a friend who's done it and if he could go back in time he swears he'd prefer to shave his head. You have to be a phycho to do this 2-3 times haha

I get what you are saying Eddie, and also 90% of ethical doctors won't operate on you if you haven't been on finasteride at least for a year prior and continue to do so after the hair transplant. Top doctors (and here im not talking about turkish hair mills) they care a lot about their reputation, so they don't want someone ending up with bad results and then blaming the clinic online, when they continue to lose hair.

But at the same time i disagree... personally i will never touch fin or dut, but im planning to do a hair transplant in the near future. It will cover the hairline part, and you will always have enough grafts for 2 operations. After that, you can fill in the missing pieces with SMP and make it look very dense, without looking fake. I imagine this is the best scenario for someone who doesn't want to take these poisonous DHT lowering drugs.

SMP a few years ago looked like shit, you could clearly see it was a head tattoo, but if you check out some of the work being done now, the field has advanced so much, and it looks quite amazing. I think HT combined with SMP is the future.

Look, i never mentioned doctors won't operate if you're not on fina. I haven't heard this before and i'm having a hard time believing it because how can they control you? Will they test your DHT levels all the time?

I just say if you're about to spend all that money and endure that suffering because it is a kind of suffering, i'm guessing you want to have the best long term results and this will come if you take finasteride. You can gamble it and don't take it, i've mention dozen times i'd rather go bald now than taking fina, but then your hair (not the new one) might continue fall off so you'll need to do a new HT.

As for the SMP i've already considered it and told my opinion in main hair loss topic. It's something i'm thinking to do when the time comes, not the "filling" one you posted but the "shaved look" one that looks like you have a full head of hair but shaved. It looks amazing in my opinion.