Dirts Brew log

Terminal heat sterilization is used in pharmaceutical production facilities as a way to sterilize AMPULES and as an extra step of safety (there already sterile procedures in place in a air controlled environment). We, as homebrewers, don't have the means OR requirement to follow those procedures and after of decades of anecdotal experience a .22micron filter and a presterilized vial is enough for personal needs.

Will an additional step do anynharm? No. Is it needed? No. Should you do it? Your choice.

I’ve been trying to find where I saw the info on dry heat sterilization for glassware without much luck showing lower time for higher temp. I may have seen this from Wikipedia “and in the case of High Velocity Hot Air sterilisers, 190°C (375°F) for 6 to 12 minutes.” and overlooked the very important part about “High Velocity Air systems“, which my convection oven is not.

I guess I’ll be refiltering my last couple brews this weekend.

I’ve been trying to find where I saw the info on dry heat sterilization for glassware without much luck showing lower time for higher temp. I may have seen this from Wikipedia “and in the case of High Velocity Hot Air sterilisers, 190°C (375°F) for 6 to 12 minutes.” and overlooked the very important part about “High Velocity Air systems“, which my convection oven is not.

Dang! That sux brother.. My mother cans alot and has a huge pressure cooker.. I'm going to botmrrow it and use a propane burning turkey fryer and use it as a homemade autoclave. Should do the trick!

Dang! That sux brother.. My mother cans alot and has a huge pressure cooker.. I'm going to botmrrow it and use a propane burning turkey fryer and use it as a homemade autoclave. Should do the trick!
Brother that sounds very dangerous I'm gonna be real with you here. A pressure cooker is a bomb, I definitely wouldn't put it on a turkey fryer that greatly varies in temperature.

Slow down a little.

You can buy a autoclave for $600-$800 for a 18L. Just use the gear you have and save for a safer way to sterilize your future brews.

I have been using dry heat sterilization exclusively for a couple years. 450F 1 hour. Yeah it seems long compared to some people claiming 15 minutes, But it's almost a guarantee it'll be sterile at that temp/time. And what is 45min to someone? Go set up your brew equipment and by then your glass will be sterile.

Brother that sounds very dangerous I'm gonna be real with you here. A pressure cooker is a bomb, I definitely wouldn't put it on a turkey fryer that greatly varies in temperature.

Slow down a little.

You can buy a autoclave for $600-$800 for a 18L. Just use the gear you have and save for a safer way to sterilize your future brews.
It's gonna be OK brother I got my big boy britches on. Please so not insult my intelligence to where you don't think I can regulate a pressure cooker. It's a 5 gallon industrial built pressure cooker.i realize you are just trying to look out.

This seems easier than the pressure cooker though.Screenshot_20240723_071856_Chrome.jpg

Masteron Enanthate 350mg/ml
24BB/2BA
Trenbolone Enanthate 250mg/ml
22BA/2BA
I use bottle top filters with a brake caliper vacuum pump.. Boy that is a whole bunch easier than the caulking gun. However the 2 vials for current use I ran through a syringe filter as well though. Might be a little overkill but I am just tring to be extra cautious for now. Next will brew will be TNE.. tring to debate the use of Ethly Oleate. I filter some earlier today and sub q .1ml to see if I had any kind of reaction.. so far not..20240727_180916.jpg

Great job! @dirthand

It’s fun isn’t it! And you know exactly what is in everything and the care you took to sterilize. It’s definitely a step above what others are buying with brewers just rushing to get many orders filled.

Masteron Enanthate 350mg/ml
24BB/2BA
Trenbolone Enanthate 250mg/ml
22BA/2BA
I use bottle top filters with a brake caliper vacuum pump.. Boy that is a whole bunch easier than the caulking gun. However the 2 vials for current use I ran through a syringe filter as well though. Might be a little overkill but I am just tring to be extra cautious for now. Next will brew will be TNE.. tring to debate the use of Ethly Oleate. I filter some earlier today and sub q .1ml to see if I had any kind of reaction.. so far not..View attachment 290110
I put this in the search box "brake caliper vacuum pump" and the only post that came out about it was yours. Lol.

I don't know what it is.
Can you show me, if you don't mind, please?
If not, maybe describe, when you have a moment.

I put this in the search box "brake caliper vacuum pump" and the only post that came out about it was yours. Lol.

I don't know what it is.
Can you show me, if you don't mind, please?
If not, maybe describe, when you have a moment.
Maybe try "brake bleeder kit"17221254266514179673331168265524.jpg

Great job! @dirthand

It’s fun isn’t it! And you know exactly what is in everything and the care you took to sterilize. It’s definitely a step above what others are buying with brewers just rushing to get many orders filled.
It's actually a little more work than I though.. I don't have a dedicated spot for a lab so I spend a lot of time bleaching counter tops then leaning them with dush soap then rinsing with distilled water and wiping down with alcohol then I spread out painters paper. Then kinda the same process for the equipment I use.. making the dope is quick and easy. Then cleaning everything and putting up..

making the dope is quick and easy.
Lol.
Every time I read you writing about "dope", a song by an American band called The Warlocks immediately comes to mind and I start humming it.
It's titled "Shake The Dope Out", it's a classic stoner tune, maybe you know it.

Dirthand's version of it would be "Pump The Dope Out", though.
U got a hit.
Lol.