DMSO for oral solution of high potency medications

mdhx3

Banned
It was suggested that I post my experiences with DMSO oral solutions here:

I have known DMSO for many years for use on our horses. Like most of the folks on this board; I associated it with smelling like a paper mill. So I have avoided it until about 4 years ago when I met a pediatric patient who had a compounding pharmacist mix diclofenac with it for transdermal application. The medication had absolutely no unpleasant smell.
Recently, I wanted to find a way to reliably dose letrozole for my aromatase inhibitor. I know everyone has their own choice for AI, but I chose letrozole for its superior side effect profile and 2 day half life.
I bought some pharmaceutical grade letrozole before I ever brewed any testosterone; but I ordered letrozole raw powder just to see if I could make it work.
As it turns out, DMSO is the only non-toxic solvent available for letrozole. I did not trust suspension to be accurate; and I definitely did not want to rely on capping such a potent medication. So I made a letrozole solution 4mg/mL in pure DMSO. It is precise in dosing; and it works well.
The thought of taking DMSO internally bothered me at first; but I did lots of research on the forums of people who take 1 tbsp (15mL) daily for arthritis and a myriad of other ailments. The practice of ingesting the chemical really does have quite a following.
My dose is 0.125mL every 3 days. Actually, I stopped for a few days because my E2 came back low on my blood last week. At 0.125mL (0.5mg) there is no odor excreted from my body in any way; and the medication has only a bad taste as a negative. I can't even smell anything when I open the bottle.

Ingestion is safer than transdermal for my family because I don't have to worry about contaminating something my children or wife may touch.

I learned that T3 is also soluble in DMSO; making it perfect for something like this, where the dosing needs to be precise.

Ingesting DMSO orally does taste bad.....but medication should not taste good. It causes a weird feeling in the oral mucosa for about 3 seconds that completely resolves. I would equate it to getting the solvent naptha on your skin....it is hot and cold at the same time; but gone before you can figure out which one you feel.

I bought the brand I that use from Amazon. It's called "ODOR LESS DMSO 99.9%pure". the seller is "DMSO Store".

I hope this is helpful. It's all about being safe for me; and I know the doses are right with this.

It was suggested that I post my experiences with DMSO oral solutions here:

I have known DMSO for many years for use on our horses. Like most of the folks on this board; I associated it with smelling like a paper mill. So I have avoided it until about 4 years ago when I met a pediatric patient who had a compounding pharmacist mix diclofenac with it for transdermal application. The medication had absolutely no unpleasant smell.
Recently, I wanted to find a way to reliably dose letrozole for my aromatase inhibitor. I know everyone has their own choice for AI, but I chose letrozole for its superior side effect profile and 2 day half life.
I bought some pharmaceutical grade letrozole before I ever brewed any testosterone; but I ordered letrozole raw powder just to see if I could make it work.
As it turns out, DMSO is the only non-toxic solvent available for letrozole. I did not trust suspension to be accurate; and I definitely did not want to rely on capping such a potent medication. So I made a letrozole solution 4mg/mL in pure DMSO. It is precise in dosing; and it works well.
The thought of taking DMSO internally bothered me at first; but I did lots of research on the forums of people who take 1 tbsp (15mL) daily for arthritis and a myriad of other ailments. The practice of ingesting the chemical really does have quite a following.
My dose is 0.125mL every 3 days. Actually, I stopped for a few days because my E2 came back low on my blood last week. At 0.125mL (0.5mg) there is no odor excreted from my body in any way; and the medication has only a bad taste as a negative. I can't even smell anything when I open the bottle.

Ingestion is safer than transdermal for my family because I don't have to worry about contaminating something my children or wife may touch.

I learned that T3 is also soluble in DMSO; making it perfect for something like this, where the dosing needs to be precise.

Ingesting DMSO orally does taste bad.....but medication should not taste good. It causes a weird feeling in the oral mucosa for about 3 seconds that completely resolves. I would equate it to getting the solvent naptha on your skin....it is hot and cold at the same time; but gone before you can figure out which one you feel.

I bought the brand I that use from Amazon. It's called "ODOR LESS DMSO 99.9%pure". the seller is "DMSO Store".

I hope this is helpful. It's all about being safe for me; and I know the doses are right with this.

Thank you. Very nice write up