• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Do u believe in mass media gadgets( like facebook,instagram,etc)

ddp7

Banned
Why?

Many studies explain that apps are a brainwatching.

So, do you believe in mass media gadgets?

Regs.

*brainwashing

Also,in the list are reddit,tedx,charles poliquin and many many others "judas priest"

I mean i use facebook because everyone i know lives in florida and im in washington so its really the only viable option to keep in touch.

I personally hate all social networks. I only use fb because of a couple private groups I'm in. The negatives of social networks in general far outweigh the positives (if there even are any) from my persperspective.

They are just tools. The loss of privacy can even be useful. Knowing the data will be collected gives one the choice of just what to expose to scrutiny.

Which is a good reason not to do any sketchy shit on social media, but aside from that its harmless.
Definitely but that doesn't seem to matter to alot of people out there. Perfect example remember that genius Rep from Prime labs last week. Well that retard was giving out all his personal info including his physical description. @insertnamehere found the Facebook page and asked the Prime rep if that was him. To which he denied knowing anything about it. Well since Prime has gone insertnamehere recently noticed that Facebook page has been changed lol Hmmmmm now why would that be :rolleyes:

Definitely but that doesn't seem to matter to alot of people out there. Perfect example remember that genius Rep from Prime labs last week. Well that retard was giving out all his personal info including his physical description. @insertnamehere found the Facebook page and asked the Prime rep if that was him. To which he denied knowing anything about. Well since Prime has gone insertnamehere recently noticed that Facebook page has been changed lol Hmmmmm now why would that be :rolleyes:

I must hsve missed that one among one of our other resident dumbass lab reps this past week lol.

But yeah, perfect example.

They are just tools. The loss of privacy can even be useful. Knowing the data will be collected gives one the choice of just what to expose to scrutiny.
But your approach said facebook is real a priori and the question is why you believe.Understand? Is about the basis( "Big brother or not").
My humble opinion is all this apps have a dumb shape, i mean the reality of facebook is a very little part if the real reality but some dont believe this and believe that this question is a waste of time.

Just read this full paper, so this thread isnt a dumb thread.

The Big Five, self-esteem, and narcissism as predictors of the topics people write about in Facebook status updates

Which is a good reason not to do any sketchy shit on social media, but aside from that its harmless.

But your approach said facebook is real a priori and the question is why you believe.Understand? Is about the basis( "Big brother or not").
My humble opinion is all this apps have a dumb shape, i mean the reality of facebook is a very little part if the real reality but some dont believe this and believe that this question is a waste of time.

The Big Five, self-esteem, and narcissism as predictors of the topics people write about in Facebook status updates

They didnt even touch on memes. I feel like memes, and of course keeping up with my family and friends, are thw driving force of my facebook use.

Definitely but that doesn't seem to matter to alot of people out there. Perfect example remember that genius Rep from Prime labs last week. Well that retard was giving out all his personal info including his physical description. @insertnamehere found the Facebook page and asked the Prime rep if that was him. To which he denied knowing anything about it. Well since Prime has gone insertnamehere recently noticed that Facebook page has been changed lol Hmmmmm now why would that be :rolleyes:

Just for clarification, I wasn't the one who found his facebook but I am the one that posted it.

Ehhh....by keeping in touch i mean i can kind of see how they are doing without actually having to communicate with anyone hahaha. Dude i fuckin hate talking on the phone.
@insaiyan93 your probably a little too young to remember MySpace but that was the shit back in the day. Picture Facebook, tinder and music all rolled into one minus the creepy aunt that stalks everybody.

If you had asked the same question about cars, I would have said the same thing. They are tools with advantages and disadvantages, the loss of privacy being one perceived disadvantage that can be useful when used to one's advantage. So too could the paper you cited have been about car owners. How much they spent over what was practical, how often they washed it, etc. could easily be mapped onto the "big five".

I found it interesting the paper implied personality could be a predictor of what kinds of topics people write rather than the other way around. The Big Brother aspect is very real, more real than most people can grasp, and the topics of articles are routinely mined in search of personality traits, indicators of potential problem makers, etc. Anyone who thinks otherwise can test it easy enough, and they won't have to wait long for a response. It's not something I would recommend, though, as it can have enduring consequences.

Seeing as I grew up with technology (I'm 22), social media was a big thing growing up. I had them all. I basically had them to read all the drama that was going on. After high school though, I basically just deleted them all except for facebook to keep in touch with some family members/friends. I don't even have the facebook app. I log into a computer and check it. Social media does brainwash you and I'm glad I am not one of those people who has been the victim of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you had asked the same question about cars, I would have said the same thing. They are tools with advantages and disadvantages, the loss of privacy being one perceived disadvantage that can be useful when used to one's advantage. So too could the paper you cited have been about car owners. How much they spent over what was practical, how often they washed it, etc. could easily be mapped onto the "big five".

I found it interesting the paper implied personality could be a predictor of what kinds of topics people write rather than the other way around. The Big Brother aspect is very real, more real than most people can grasp, and the topics of articles are routinely mined in search of personality traits, indicators of potential problem makers, etc. Anyone who thinks otherwise can test it easy enough, and they won't have to wait long for a response. It's not something I would recommend, though, as it can have enduring consequences.
Cool answer and what I read you are in the right corner,but its ok.
Anyway, the "care of self" and self esteem not a conspiracy issue in my humble opinion.

But yes the paper learn us about the subjetivity of the World and the gadgets,from my point of view the opposite, this is, a objetivity world.

@insaiyan93 your probably a little too young to remember MySpace but that was the shit back in the day. Picture Facebook, tinder and music all rolled into one minus the creepy aunt that stalks everybody.

Youd be in my top 8 homie hahaha.

Nahh man i had myspace for a few years before facebook got to poppin.