Do you come clean with ur gp about ped use.

laclark89

Do you come clean with your gp about ped use? I have health insurance and get my blood work done every 3-6 month max or my significant other would not let me continue with my little hobby lol . Except test and estrogen I havent done in a few years, I've asked my dr and she raises the eye brow at me and basically refuses says look at myself that I'm fine in that department.
I have even gone to labcorp or quest or some shit and they told me i need a referral from a dr I cant just get my own bloodwork done is that true.
Of course I've read around here before posting. I've seen people recommend privatemdlabs just not sure on how its works, Or why I wouldent just press the issue with my dr and get my bloodwork done for like $25 instead of the hundreds other places charge.

Depends on your state but a lot allow you buy your own doctor order online for a lot of the basic blood panels and go to your local quest labs. I do my own labs 95% of the time.

My GP is there to write prescriptions, generally prescriptions I request. I work in the medical field and with all due respect to doctors, most GPs dont know jack all and dont care to keep up. There are layers to this, it's not always their fault.

My doctor I have now I am sure knows whats up but we know the game and play it well together, I give him a medical reason and I get what I want. I show him I give 2 shits about my health, he keeps playing ball with me without pressing, etc.

My GP is completely aware of my use and works with me, within reason.

however i do all my own bloodwork.

I go through JasonHealth.com because they allow you to pick and choose the exact tests you want.

for example, i HPLC test almost everything i use, and have my trt/cruise dose dialed to a healthy level. So there is absolutely zero reason to get test/free test tested.

to get fully comprehensive bloodwork it costs me about 200$ if i get everything relevant tested.

I didn’t tell him what I was taking I just told him that 2x out the year I crank my test dose up for competition purposes and he was worried at first but once he saw my levels were ok with blood work he was fine

Do you come clean with your gp about ped use? I have health insurance and get my blood work done every 3-6 month max or my significant other would not let me continue with my little hobby lol . Except test and estrogen I havent done in a few years, I've asked my dr and she raises the eye brow at me and basically refuses says look at myself that I'm fine in that department.
I have even gone to labcorp or quest or some shit and they told me i need a referral from a dr I cant just get my own bloodwork done is that true.
Of course I've read around here before posting. I've seen people recommend privatemdlabs just not sure on how its works, Or why I wouldent just press the issue with my dr and get my bloodwork done for like $25 instead of the hundreds other places charge.
What state are you in? I know some places need a doctor to ok the testing.

Check here: Fast Blood Lab Tests. No Doctor Visit. Blood Testing Near You | Private MD Labs

They have lots of different tests, LabCorp and Quest. If your state isn't listed you can order. I do blood work twice a month or once if I'm not blasting.

personally in the uk i'd suggest going private under a fake name, if you're honest with your GP getting life and health insurance will be very hard due to the ten year clean rule.

Mine is not visual handicapt, so he knows all I use.

Totally forgot to answer the original question: Yes, my PCP knows I blast.

We had a talk, went over pros/cons, showed my old records of non-treatment and added this is why many will self-medicate ( I was hypogonadal at 19, head injury).

Instead of telling insurance I'm a geared-up freek, they word it as follows:
"Patient understands possible side-effects of Testosterone use, is currently using prescribed TRT through licensed practitioners who assist with monitoring cardiovascular and organ health."

When my levels are really high (blast dose), they mention something about missing a shot and double dosing, reminding me to stay on schedule to not have heavy spikes. My docs are cool!

I have a GP for the express purpose of telling her exactly what I'm doing. I don't expect any doctor to approve, but I do expect to be given meds, advice, scripts for blood work/tests, etc...

I'm honest with my doctor because I respect her and value the relationship, and I want her to know that I do.

My days of trying to con doctors into giving me things are long over.

If you feel like you can't be honest with your doctor about what you are doing, then keep searching for a doctor if possible.

One caution in the US. If you ever believe you will go through divorce or lawsuits with someone who knows you use PEDs…

A judge can and will order you to present medical records including doctors notes in discovery. There are ways around this by being intelligent with information, but be aware they can force you to turn them over or find you in contempt and subpoena them directly.

I'm similar to you OP but worst off. I think we just need to lie and make up symptoms to get tested. My insurance won't let me just take test and out of pocket it because I'm concerned with my health. The crazy thing is where I am there is no place to draw bloods even out of pocket. The labs that test bloods here only work with insurance and medical providers. The only bloods I've been able to get are self drawn and mailed in. Not sure how accurate these are as it gets flown overnight. It very inconvenient for someone who wants the control of monitoring their health but just can't get help from anyone here in that aspect. I'm thinking I will need to go to men's health testosterone clinic to even get any kind of professional help for my steroid use and concerns. I told my GP but he's pretty clueless and prefers to avoid those convos or just forget about it. His advice was the taper off my dose then see what happens when I am completely off. I look healthy and don't have any alarming medical issues so they just assume everything is fine but I think anyone should have access to medical tests if they are safe and the patient just wants to monitor health

Lots of awsome good info from you guys its highly appreciated.
What state are you in? I know some places need a doctor to ok the testing.

Check here: Fast Blood Lab Tests. No Doctor Visit. Blood Testing Near You | Private MD Labs

They have lots of different tests, LabCorp and Quest. If your state isn't listed you can order. I do blood work twice a month or once if I'm not blasting.
I'm in Cali. I stared with trt with low test 290ish in my early 30s probably had been always low. I guess that is considered hypgonadel.
personally in the uk i'd suggest going private under a fake name, if you're honest with your GP getting life and health insurance will be very hard due to the ten year clean rule.
I'm in the states but this is what I was mainly thinking of in the back or my mind just like they always ask if u drink or smoke , I give 2 shitz if someone knows I'm on gear. I just don't want it used against me, I feel any problems i have they'll blame the steroids. Life insurance is important for a family man for sure.

One caution in the US. If you ever believe you will go through divorce or lawsuits with someone who knows you use PEDs…

A judge can and will order you to present medical records including doctors notes in discovery. There are ways around this by being intelligent with information, but be aware they can force you to turn them over or find you in contempt and subpoena them directly.
Good to know hopefully i dont ever have to worry about that.
I'm similar to you OP but worst off. I think we just need to lie and make up symptoms to get tested. My insurance won't let me just take test and out of pocket it because I'm concerned with my health. The crazy thing is where I am there is no place to draw bloods even out of pocket. The labs that test bloods here only work with insurance and medical providers. The only bloods I've been able to get are self drawn and mailed in. Not sure how accurate these are as it gets flown overnight. It very inconvenient for someone who wants the control of monitoring their health but just can't get help from anyone here in that aspect. I'm thinking I will need to go to men's health testosterone clinic to even get any kind of professional help for my steroid use and concerns. I told my GP but he's pretty clueless and prefers to avoid those convos or just forget about it. His advice was the taper off my dose then see what happens when I am completely off. I look healthy and don't have any alarming medical issues so they just assume everything is fine but I think anyone should have access to medical tests if they are safe and the patient just wants to monitor health
Yea only time i was able to see my test levels is when I was going through a trt dr. Guess well just have to caugh up the dough and go through some place like the private med labs or jasonhealth to refer us to a quest or labcorp.

Good to know hopefully i dont ever have to worry about that.

Yea only time i was able to see my test levels is when I was going through a trt dr. Guess well just have to caugh up the dough and go through some place like the private med labs or jasonhealth to refer us to a quest or labcorp.
U can do that u have a lot of blood work options in Cali. I can't even get my blood drawn for online labs here. Good luck

It’s important to be up front with your GP. It’s no big deal. Just tell them what you’re taking and what dosage. That way, if you get bloods done and your test and estrogen levels are way high they won’t think something is wrong with you. I get everything checked. Liver and kidney function etc. Don’t pay big money to private clinics. There’s no need. Good luck mate.

Back