Does amount of deficit need to be increased to keep progressing in fat loss ?

Para_33

On most days, I’m able to generate a 600 or greater calorie deficit when consuming 3200 calories (3800 calories demand total) This is doing morning fasted cardio for 45-1hr 4 times per week, afternoon workout, and then if I have time, another post weights cardio session for 30minutes.

The days I do two cardio sessions, I’m closer to 4200 calories total and I can then consume closer to 3500 calories.

About 1 or two day per week I’m able to fall asleep on 2500 calories, for the day ( -1500 calorie deficit) but I find 12 weeks in, I can no longer sustain this more than 1-2 days per week without massive hunger waking me up at night and not being able to fall back asleep until I eat something with carbs since I’ve already gotten my 320g protein for the day.

Do you think I can keep progressing into the stage ready realm on a deficit of -600? Or do I need to keep my energy expenditure at 3800-4200 calories and drop my calories down to the bare minimum 2200ish calories every day required to get my 300-320grams protein, for an every larger deficit of -1600 or greater to keep going? Or will the fat continue to come off in a -600 deficit ?

( I’m just above that now maybe 9-10% and started at 15% I had two injuries one was by a botched blood draw that gave me nerve damage and then a foot injury from running)

The first 8-10 weeks I was very much able to generate steep deficits of -1600 getting only my protein meals/ pre workout carb meals in and still sleep. However now I’m beginning to get such massive carb cravings it’s literally unbelievable and I’ve never experienced anything like it.

Id be more willing to just fight through it but I’m concerned about just laying there awake in bed for hours not being able to sleep. Then sure enough I get up for 40g of cereal in fat free milk and instantly pass out.

Overall this makes me really want to try semaglutide. If I get it in my head that I can keep progressing on -600 I’ll keep doing this, but if not I’d rather just fight out 2-3 weeks of not sleeping well and starve while getting my required protein in.

Edit: I should also add, Now that I’ve been on top of my electrolytes, hydration, I’m still the aniut same exact weight as when I started this cutting phase, so a significant recomp effect still occurred somehow, in general I’m weighing about 187-188 during the week when pushing hard and in the deficit, but within one carb up meal or two, I’m back to 196lb which is the same weight as I started, maybe 4lb less at most. However the difference in leanness is very apparent.

F44F4B51-E196-41D5-8F04-9CC42CB9A387.pngAE7D9817-2BB8-4E3D-8C16-DCC9F391A92F.png

Last edited: