Does testosterone really change your face or is it just bs?

Is there really a noticeable difference in your appearance between a trt dose and something moderate like 500mg test ? I thought higher testosterone will make you look better facially and physique wise. Maybe moon face is a myth and just simply due to crappy diet or high body fat?

Moon face really only occurs with high estrogen in the case of testosterone dose, but yes, you will retain more water (potentially in your face) on 500mg test vs trt dose test. BF% also plays a large role as well

Wouldn't say it makes you look older though

If you're jacking test in serious doses, getting your bloat on via a SEE FOOD diet, and not controlling your E2 moon face is real. I've had powerlifting buddies whose face gets wider than it is tall.

But that's a choice, it's not automatic.

Moon face really only occurs with high estrogen in the case of testosterone dose, but yes, you will retain more water (potentially in your face) on 500mg test vs trt dose test. BF% also plays a large role as well

Wouldn't say it makes you look older though
So it’s mainly just an issue with estrogen?

I got my drivers license photo on 400mg test. Then I came off everything for 6 months and got my passport photo. Legit went from 25 to 15.

A lot of it has to do with facial muscles looking older or more masculine. I tend to get a bloated face if i get too high up in bf % not even from the estrogen, but i think the muscles in the face hold more glycogen etc just as the rest of our muscles do, combine that with a little extra water from carb intake / fat and it layers over the masculine facial muscles and you get a moon face. Its kind of like having a strong core but you layer it with just enough fat to hide it and then it just looka like youre fat.

You be the judge

Left is this Monday and enhanced, right is July 21 natural

There's also a ~40lb difference between these

Attachments

• 20240306_154146.jpg
    20240306_154146.jpg
    553.8 KB · Views: 195
You look leaner enhanced but face is definitely bigger at the same time. Is this just estrogen or mineral retention from high doses?
bigger guy, bigger face.

Even in contest ready shape with single digit bodyfat and zero estrogen my face was still rounder than when i was a 180lb natural

So it’s mainly just an issue with estrogen?
I mean there's a lot of variables that go into it.

Like I said, 500 test will make your face hold more water than TRT dose test.

Higher BF% will make your face look rounder than lower BF%

High estrogen will make your face look rounder than moderate estrogen

If you're worried about "moon face", reduce your BF%, keep estrogen in check, and maybe think of adding a DHT (such as low dose masteron). It's great for reducing water bloat, including in your face. Masteron offsets any test bloat I get at about a 1:1 or 1.5:1 masteron-to-test dose

I still don't think test necessarily makes you look older though, or distorts your face. If anything I feel like AAS has made my jawline more profound, and a good skin-care routine can go a long way in making your skin look good, which can also make you look younger, or perhaps older if you don't take care of yourself

test changes my face a lot. Its more muscular and square and I look alpha as fuck gears of war look on a bunch of gear. I also think eating as much as I do on cycle caused my jaw muscles to become oversized. Idk but I get jaw pump when I eat. Also test makes my neck bigger. Bro a good example is compare jay cutlers face when he was huge to now. Thats eaxclty what happens to me too.

I think test aged my face in almost a second puberty kind of way. I did have a more square jaw before I ever touched gear, but test really masculinized my face in a way that I’m happy with. In terms of skin texture and signs of aging I don’t think it really changed much.

I wonder what the secret is for guys like Dwayne Johnson and Mike o Hearn. They obviously are on juice but their faces don’t look like the typical roided out moon face.

I definitely feel like my facial hair comes in thicker and have to shave more often.

My beard started connecting much better. Unfortunately so did the hair on my back. Once or twice a month I have to make my wife go over my back with a hair trimmer.
I’m not like a full ogre but it’s enough to see from a few feet away.