Don’t call it a comeback

Weds - Shoulders

-Switched up training today. It’s beautiful here, so I decided to setup some shit in the driveway and incorporate some strongman into shoulder day.

Power Clean + Press

135 x10

160 x3

185 x2

210 x1

135 x8, 6

-Really wasn’t sure I’d get 210. That’s a PR, since this is my first time really trying clean and press...All reps were clean+pressed.

Rear Delt Flies

25 3x10

Seated Lat raises

15 3x12, 10

-Feels like I’m half assing by cutting the volume down...but my body is fucking drained at the end of the day.

Fri - Press / Arms

Close Grip Bench -Very Light / Volume

135 x20, 15

160 x14, 12, 10

JM Press

160 x1

-Had 160 on the bar and wanted to see if I could do it.

Incline Skull Crushers

55 x11, 10, 9

Incl DB Curl

25 x10, 9

15 x10

-Not sure why the last 2 arm sessions have had crazy pumps with very little reps in comparison to most sessions... I’m only in Test and EQ... could possibly be pulling the hose at work (??). Not sure... but I do a lot of what I have to describe as rope pulls, but with a heavy ass hose.

Ez Bar Curl

40 x12, 10

-Been eating at maintenance for a week... gonna eat at maintenance until my shipment arrives. Then finish this cut. I figure I’ve been cutting since late January, my body needs a rest for a few weeks.

Sunday - Back

BB Row

160 x15

210 2x10

-After doing countless rows, I finally figured out how to feel them as I’m doing them—maybe this was obvious, idk, but if I keep my shoulder blades retracted and “in my back pockets” like on the bench, I can feel the muscles working on Bent over Rows.

Snatch Grip Shrugs (cluster sets)

315 x20, 16, 10

DB Upright Row

40’s 3x10

Supinate grip Lat PD

100 3x12

DB concentration Curl

25 2x10, 2x8

Pinwheel Curl

25 x15, 12

-Took out DL’s today, as I planned on running later this afternoon, and didn’t wanna deal with extra lower back pumps / didn’t know how they’d effect it. Might also run on Saturdays when I do conditioning...Just planning everything out right now, but there’s a lake .5 mi from my house that’s perfect for runs.

-2 more weeks for my package to drop...kinda trudging along until then. I can’t lie, I’ve lost some steam these last ~2 weeks. Ended up eating like shit yesterday when we took a trip to Manhattan—who can resist Hershey’s store milkshakes and real NY pizza?

I definitely could’ve pushed harder... set a slower pace just to see where I was at, not having run or done any sort of cardio in 6+ years. I have a starting point now to work from... my lungs didn’t take any abuse tho, just the acid build up in my shins. So that’s good to know—I can definitely push harder.

4715CB9D-7D0C-44E0-B219-D560EF1B45EA.jpeg

my real time is probably closer to 9.30 ish, since I walked for well over a minute cos of my shins lol.

I definitely could’ve pushed harder... set a slower pace just to see where I was at, not having run or done any sort of cardio in 6+ years. I have a starting point now to work from... my lungs didn’t take any abuse tho, just the acid build up in my shins. So that’s good to know—I can definitely push harder.

View attachment 147230

my real time is probably closer to 9.30 ish, since I walked for well over a minute cos of my shins lol.

Cardio builds up quickly though

A few months ago after my blast, I got tires walking up the stairs.

Now I'm good for 5km 3x a week... only a few months later.

Cardio builds up quickly though

A few months ago after my blast, I got tires walking up the stairs.

Now I'm good for 5km 3x a week... only a few months later.
It’s weird how the body works like that. I definitely wanna keep running—it’s something I used to enjoy before I discovered lifting. I mean, I wanna be jacked and strong—but I also wanna be able to chase my 6 year old, lol

-Honestly, I’m just skating by with my workouts right now. I’m working to failure, or very close to it, but the volume isn’t up to par...all I think about is sleeping, lmao.

Incline Bench
135 2x10
185 4x10
135 x15

DB Fly
40 x12, 10, 7
25 x15

DB Press
40 x15
-My chest was pretty fried by this time

Wide Grip Lat PD
100 3x10

-Honestly, I’m just skating by with my workouts right now. I’m working to failure, or very close to it, but the volume isn’t up to par...all I think about is sleeping, lmao.

Incline Bench
135 2x10
185 4x10
135 x15

DB Fly
40 x12, 10, 7
25 x15

DB Press
40 x15
-My chest was pretty fried by this time

Wide Grip Lat PD
100 3x10
Where exactly are the calories at now. How low are you on carbs? Have you though about bumping carbs for a few meals. Something to consider as most have had pretty good success with doing so for energy and even to break through a weight loss goal.

Where exactly are the calories at now. How low are you on carbs? Have you though about bumping carbs for a few meals. Something to consider as most have had pretty good success with doing so for energy and even to break through a weight loss goal.
I’ve been eating at maintenance for a little over a week now. 210P / 60F / 255C. It only comes out to 2400.. But according to the app, that’s maintenance at this weight—and I’m holding steady. But I feel my job is the biggest factor in energy loss.

Short and sweet tonight. 14 hrs on the clock today, lol.

Weds - Shoulders

Viking Press

70 x20, 15

95 x13, 11, 12

DB Upright row

40’s x15, 12, 10

20’s x20

Woke up at 234. 2400 definitely isn’t maintenance, lol. I’m not starving though... I also haven’t factored in the added cardio + my job, which I’m sure has a lot to do with it. * muscle mass. Oh well, I’m happy to keep losing slowly for now.

conditioning today after work.

Woke up at 234. 2400 definitely isn’t maintenance, lol. I’m not starving though... I also haven’t factored in the added cardio + my job, which I’m sure has a lot to do with it. * muscle mass. Oh well, I’m happy to keep losing slowly for now.

conditioning today after work.

yeah, 2400 is definitely not maintenance for the big guys lol.
I will do a 2500 day on occasion, if I'm doing a ssy off the gym, just to throw a little Chaos at my body.
But 2400 is hard for me to maintain lol

yeah, 2400 is definitely not maintenance for the big guys lol.
I will do a 2500 day on occasion, if I'm doing a ssy off the gym, just to throw a little Chaos at my body.
But 2400 is hard for me to maintain lol
I feel 2400 would be ok if I was sedentary... The app reevaluates every week tho, and gives the adoption to raise or lower cals. If I’m not hungry or diet fatigued, I feel like it’s a win to keep dropping. What I’ve been doing the last few days, tho, is eating 2400 clean and then adding some junk on top—cookies, McDonald’s, pizza, etc. I’m still losing tho...so who the fuck knows, lmao.

-I feel like that would make a decent clean bulk...3k clean cals, and the rest 500-1k shitty fun foods.

Fri - Press / Arms

CG Inc Bench

135 x6

205 4x6, 8

-Probably shouldn’t even be lifting tonight. Been up since 3am, lol. Everything feels heavy. Didn’t even attempt to push the weight any higher—planned on doing 235ish for the same rep count, but not today.

Skull Crusher

40 x20, 12, 9

Concentration Curl SS/ band push down x20

25 x15, 12, 10

-curls supersetted with push downs feels insane for a pump.

-I’ve been fluctuating between 234 and 236, depending on what I eat. Haven’t been closely tracking anything except protein intake. I think my body has reached a good baseline at this weight, and it’ll be safe to keep cutting down once my stuff comes in... still feeling kinda weak, but I feel good.

DL / Back

DL

225 x8

315 x10

405 x6, 8

-My posterior is weak right now...haven’t focused on it at all. I’m not too worried, since that’s my strongest area—it’ll go up fast once I start bulking and get back into doing SBD days.

Pendlay Row

135 x15

160 x12, 10

BB Curl

Bar x15

60 x12

70 x10, 8

Inc DB curl

15 x15, 13, 10

-I’ve been fluctuating between 234 and 236, depending on what I eat. Haven’t been closely tracking anything except protein intake. I think my body has reached a good baseline at this weight, and it’ll be safe to keep cutting down once my stuff comes in... still feeling kinda weak, but I feel good.

DL / Back

DL

225 x8

315 x10

405 x6, 8

-My posterior is weak right now...haven’t focused on it at all. I’m not too worried, since that’s my strongest area—it’ll go up fast once I start bulking and get back into doing SBD days.

Pendlay Row

135 x15

160 x12, 10

BB Curl

Bar x15

60 x12

70 x10, 8

Inc DB curl

15 x15, 13, 10
that big DL will come back fast.

CNS never forgets the punishment lol