Effect of HGH and peptides on people past their prime

Xlgx

I was planning on 2iu ed or eod. Nothing crazy. Just for longevity, recovery and maybe some minor fat loss etc.

DragoT

See... this is where the subject gets in to a gray area IMO. Your IGF-1 is "above normal" based on reference range. I still cannot find where the reference ranges are coming from - average population statistics, or someone decides "hmm, that's look right"... perhaps @Dr JIM can chime in. I like more granular statistical data based on age group, since like everything else, levels are different (mostly declining) as we age. I don't remember you telling us how old are you...

We already know exogenous (testosterone, GHG etc) suppresses own production via negative loopback mechanism. So, 2IU will be a trade-off - introducing synthetic while suppressing (more or less) natural. @ChestRockwell - in Xlgx situation, where natural IGF-1 is "relatively" high, will exogenous HGH promote fat loss assuming IGF-1 will not increase significantly on 2IU?

I sense you will do it regardless of what I think :) and that will be a great contribution to the community, assuming three weeks after you begin, you take another IGF-1 test and share the new number. When I started, mine was 96 only and I've managed to raise it to 240 with great benefits from it. Curious what 2IU will do to 276 baseline.

Keep us posted, my friend.

Xlgx

I am 42. A medical professional mentioned the normal range is up to 300 for igf1. Didn’t see an issue with what appears to be high normal level for me.
I will indeed get levels retested in 4-5 weeks. This round will be 2iu ed. Since it’s my understanding Humatrope Hgh goes “bad” after being mixed in around 30 days. Afterwards I plan to use another pharma brand that will be conducive to 2iu eod.

I still cannot find where the reference ranges are coming from - average population statistics, or someone decides "hmm, that's look right"

They are derived largely from population based studies and corrected for age and sex.

in Xlgx situation, where natural IGF-1 is "relatively" high, will exogenous HGH promote fat loss assuming IGF-1 will not increase significantly on 2IU?

I have not thoroughly read through the thread so forgive me answering in generalities. Exogenous GH changes the pharmacokinetic profile of the hormone, resulting in an extended period of elevated serum GH. It is this elevated serum GH that helps stimulate lipolysis.

The Most Effective Growth Hormone Protocol for Fat Loss

DragoT

They are derived largely from population based studies and corrected for age and sex.

Make sense. My ref range (55y old male) is 61 - 200, while
@Jeffg353 (33y old male) posted a result from same lab where ref range is 88 - 246).

Exogenous GH changes the pharmacokinetic profile of the hormone, resulting in an extended period of elevated serum GH. It is this elevated serum GH that helps stimulate lipolysis.

So, it is the elevated serum GH that promotes lipolysis. Elevated (and sustained) IGF-1 in this regard is a byproduct? Is this correct assumption? Or permanently elevated IGF-1 also triggers lipolysis?

I highlighted "sustained" because in normal circumstances many factors affect natural production - shitty day at office, argument with wife leading to sleeping on the couch, or that piece if cheese cake right before going to bed :)

So, it is the elevated serum GH that promotes lipolysis. Elevated (and sustained) igf-1 in this regard is a byproduct? Is this correct assumption? Or permanently elevated IGF-1 also triggers lipolysis?

No, it is more insulin-like and tends to suppress lipolytic processes. Note that free (circulating) IGF-1 is actually a negative feedback regulator on GH.

Using exogenous GH does tend to promote elevated systemic IGF-1 levels, although by using some of the techniques in my article, I believe this can be controlled to a degree.

DragoT

You know... my mom passed away in her sleep Sunday night and it come to tell me immortality is just metaphysical concept. In reality, as we say in our country "Eat, drink and wear your new outfits every day while it lasts".

mands

AnabolicLab.com Supporter
Anytime! Also, can't remember if I mentioned this or not...but my new article on GH should be out this week and it is about its use to "reverse time" or "fountain of youth"...might be of interest?
Oh no!!! Do I foresee my first disagreement with you about GH? I will be waiting :eek:

mands

mands

AnabolicLab.com Supporter
You know... my mom passed away in her sleep Sunday night and it come to tell me immortality is just metaphysical concept. In reality, as we say in our country "Eat, drink and wear your new outfits every day while it lasts".
Sorry for your loss big guy. Hope the wifey and you are doing okay.

mands

Naugahyde

Sorry to hear that mate - I hope it was peaceful & she didn't suffer. All the best

DragoT

Hello all,

The quarterly bloodwork is in and I am somewhat confused. First of all, Privatemdlab failed to process E2 and issued "REQ-Reissue" for E2 only. Is this normal practice? Should I even trust the current results?

Anyway, the area of concern is my LDL. Three moths ago I've had physical with my Dr office (ah, the digital prostate exam :) ) and cholesterol(s) were absolutely in check where LDL was 101 (0-99 mg/dl), and now skyrocket to 144.

upload_2018-2-17_9-37-51.png

This just does not make sense (or does it?) since I have not changed my diet. Still never frozen meet from local butcher shop, no bread, no sugars, no fast food... The only thing that comes to mind is... milk. I love milk, but for the last 18 months I only drank water, 2 litters per day. However, last three months I went back to 1/2 gallon whole mild per day. No particular reason or goal, just... back to my vice. Could this be the reason for this spike in LDL? In any case, I've quit milk cold turkey :) and will see if this will lead to improvement.

I don't know much about Thyroid Panel (how to interpret the result) but everything is within reference range.

upload_2018-2-17_9-49-38.png

Testosterone is just where I want it to be (although the blood was drawn in the day of the shot, but before the shot). I might reduce the dose a little. What I find interesting is the Tree T. The very first time when my Dr ran Total and Free T, the ratio was very low:

Total: 342
Free: 6.8
% Free Testosterone: 1.988

And now:

upload_2018-2-17_9-57-47.png

Am I right that SHBG is now lower than May 2016 thus more T is bio-available? I have not taken any special measures to lower SHBG (supplements or dietary) and yet the current results. Fact is, as soon as IFG-1 went up (~240 form 96) and start of TRT, the % Free hovered around 4%. Wander if IGF-1 have something to do with that...

Otherwise, IGF-1 is exactly where I want it be:

upload_2018-2-17_10-3-44.png

I am beginning to entertain the idea to lower GH dose a little in order to bring it in 200-220 range. I don't have "Muscle Hypertrophy" aspirations and as I am getting older... you know the rest :)

Any comments from the community will be highly appreciated.

Ah, on another note, wife's period started today (on the 29 day since the last) and she will start with the progesterone prescription pills tonight. She will test on the 24 day from now and will update y'all with the results (tangible as blood work and personal assessment).

Peace out!

DragoT

I hate to say it, but... "I told you so" is in order.
igf-1 is high at 276 scale 75-216
Hgh is low at 0.1 on scale of 0-10.
At 42, your IFG-1 (276) is perfect! Serum HGH is not low, "0.1" simply mean "non-detectable" which is normal - your blood was not drawn shortly after natural pulse, so do not make anything of it.
I was planning on 2iu ed or eod. Nothing crazy. Just for longevity, recovery and maybe some minor fat loss etc.
Against my best advice :), you decide to do it and furthermore selected EOD protocol. I personally come to believe this is perhaps the most "wistful" way of exogenous HGH use - a roller coaster that confuses the body, but... could be me only.
igf-1 264. Natural 276
Gh serum: 2.1 versus 0.1 natural.
Your current level "kind of" proves my point - your IFG is now lower than before. And... your Serum GH after 4IU Pharma is... dismal. There are countless examples here where even generics will register 15-25 or more (true, after 10IU), but 2.1 on 4UI Pharma is not good... at all.

So, "longevity and recovery" is lowered (lower IGF) and fat loss is questionable on EOD - @ChestRockwell clearly states "Exogenous GH changes the pharmacokinetic profile of the hormone, resulting in an extended period of elevated serum GH. It is this elevated serum GH that helps stimulate lipolysis." and so, poor serum result coupled with "now you have it, now you don't" protocol will not yield desired result either.

Just my thoughts on your case...

Sponsored Links