First time pinning delts

So I have always pinned my glutes and tried my quads once (never again) but lately have been considering trying my delts. I use 25g 1.5inch for my glutes and im just wondering how much volume I could do in my delts and what size needle would I need? Would I get away with 30g 1/2inch slin pin?
I use 23g 1". I'm impatient. Whatever works though.

Cheers for all the replies! I'll try on Friday (my next pin day) 1ml 29g .5inch in my delt and see how it goes, any tips on where abouts to hit?

Cheers for all the replies! I'll try on Friday (my next pin day) 1ml 29g .5inch in my delt and see how it goes, any tips on where abouts to hit?
Posterior deltoid works best for me. If pinning medial then avoid the peak.

TBH you can't go too wrong.

I always use insulin syringes, pinning shoulders is easy for me. I don't know about others, but for me it works and I have done it for years now. Not looking back at regular ones, unless taking a lot of stuff.

So I tried to pin my delt yday and it was stinging loads. Pulled the needle back out and some blood oozed out. Hard lump under injection site straight away and is now nearly gone but there's a bruise now. I used slin pin 1/2inch. Kind of put me of delts now ‍♂️

So I tried to pin my delt yday and it was stinging loads. Pulled the needle back out and some blood oozed out. Hard lump under injection site straight away and is now nearly gone but there's a bruise now. I used slin pin 1/2inch. Kind of put me of delts now ‍♂️

The stinging + bleeding means you hit a vessel, wrong spot, you have to find a spot with only muscle and remember it precisely for next time, it's painless with no bleeding. Hard lump underneath is subq leak, just means that some oil built up under there and the drug will take a little longer to disperse. Subq leak is caused by being too shallow in the muscle (makes sense due to needle size) and/or injecting too fast. Since it's a shallow needle you need to go real slow and push it in deep.

Slin pins are fine for lower volumes and my go to.

I have never had a problem with delt shots (rear, side, front) when using slin pins.

How was you injection speed?

The lump was from leakage (oil and/or blood). You probably pulled out to slow post shot.

I hardly Injected anything as it was stinging so I knew it wasn't right, probably .1ml, soon as I put it in I knew something was wrong so didn't bother

Stinging is typical if the alcohol didnt evaporate enough yet, just a thought.

I dunno try again and see before writing off delts, they are a pretty good spot to pin

25g 1” for most anything these days, but I’ll go smaller if it’s just a cruise dose. I do 3ml in delts just fine, and I’m not huge or anything.

How lean are your delts?

Delta aren't that lean/big so maybe it was a depth issue. I may try again in a few days or so. I used a slin pin but may order some new pins and barrels to make is easier this week.

FYI if you find your collar bone at the end of your shoulder where it meets your delts, put two fingers sideways across your delts up against your collar bone and that's how far down you go for the exact middle of your delts.

All of you using slin pins...are you using MCT only oil? I can't get my grape seed oil to go in a 27ga. How are you filling the Slin pins since you can't switch out tips? Heating it or something? Seeing so many people say this has me thinking I'm confused about something!!

i use 23g cuz i can get them with 3ml syringes in bulk cheap on amazon lol. They are supposed to be used for plants or something people say they are dull but i never had a problem. I want to try pinning delts with them for trt doses, what do u guys think 23g 1" too painful for that?

All of you using slin pins...are you using MCT only oil? I can't get my grape seed oil to go in a 27ga. How are you filling the Slin pins since you can't switch out tips? Heating it or something? Seeing so many people say this has me thinking I'm confused about something!!
For higher volume you can backload the slin pin or buy luerlock ones and draw with a bigger tip.

For smaller volume (<0.5ml) I just heat the oil (also GSO) and draw directly. It takes a min or two but does draw.

Back