Freezing HCG

Switcha2011

My first time using HCG and meso was down when I made my first batch, I read on another forum that I could mix my HCG into syringes and put them in the freezer ready to use. Since doing this I've been advised by people on this forum that it degrades the HCG and not to do it.

My question is I already have 4 weeks worth mixed and in the freezer, don't want to waste 4 weeks worth if possible and have read conflicting information on wether leaving HCG mixed with sodium chloride in the fridge is viable.

I'm currently doing 1000iu 2x per week to help raise my crashed E2. Would it be worth using the remaining of these frozen HCG syringes or just take the loss of 2 vials and throw them in the bin, if so what's the go to when mixing with sodium chloride?

Newbie to HCG so apologies for all the questions!

I’ve done it for years. I reconstitute 5000iu and freeze them in 1000iu slin pins. I usually pin about 500iu every 5 days and just pull the frozen ones out as needed.

The original study I read said they were still barely degraded after 2 months. But IIRC, it did start to significantly degrade after 3 months. Not positive though as its been years.

There's so many conflicting opinions, some people are saying they're trash and some people are saying they're good to go so I'm really confused what to do to be honest.

There's so many conflicting opinions, some people are saying they're trash and some people are saying they're good to go so I'm really confused what to do to be honest.

From a raw powder state......you can store reconstituted HCG in the freezer for many months/years at stable temp.

A 5000iu vial split into various darts wouldn't last more than 1month anyway at 250-1000 doses.

I understand that a lot of guys get hCG illicitly with pamphlets written in languages that they cannot read.

Everyone that uses myriad drugs should invest in a Physician's Desk Reference.

From the section on hCG:

Storage:

Novarel: Unreconstituted, store between 68 to 77 degrees F, excursions permitted 59 to 86 degrees F. Store product reconstituted with benzyl alcohol 0.9% in refrigerator (36-46 degrees F) and use within 30 days

Ovidrel: After dispensing, refrigeration is recommended... Prior to dispensing, store in refrigerator (36 to 46 degrees F)

Pregnyl: Unreconstituted store at controlled room temperature (between 68 and 77 degrees F). Reconstituted product is stable for 60 days when refrigerated

Freezing hCG, not good. It'll affect potency, as with any polypeptide.

Hope you guys don't freeze slin too; slin has to be disposed of (thrown in the trash) if frozen with most preparations.

RhGH, depends on formulation, with Norditropin products requiring freezing and shipment on dry ice prior to reconstitution; generic rhGH rapidly degrades at room temperature after reconstitution, and almost certainly degrades when frozen in a reconstituted state.

P.S., I'd still use it, just don't expect full potency. It'll still work, but not with the same dose/response as properly stored product. Just don't do it again.

Freezing hCG, not good. It'll affect potency, as with any polypeptide.

Have you got any evidence to support this? HCG as you know needs to be refrigerated and stored at a cool temperature but even sub-zero would be fine and not affect potency.

Deep freeze may be different but I've got no experience with that.

Have you got any evidence to support this? HCG as you know needs to be refrigerated and stored at a cool temperature but even sub-zero would be fine and not affect potency.

Deep freeze may be different but I've got no experience with that.
The PDR is an authoritative source (evidence).

You can ask @janoshik if he has ran degradation simulations for freezing hCG to determine the rapidity and severity of potency loss. That wouldn't be authoritative, but it'd be given deference and a high level of credibility by Meso readers.

P.S. Freezing, like high-temperature incubation, and agitation, are known stresses for proteins. Pharmaceutical companies conduct what are known as acceleration models (e.g., the Arrhenius model, to accelerate chemical reactions that break down proteins, like hCG). These are how they derive their storage recommendations.

The PDR is an authoritative source (evidence).

You can ask @janoshik if he has ran degradation simulations for freezing hCG to determine the rapidity and severity of potency loss. That wouldn't be authoritative, but it'd be given deference and a high level of credibility by Meso readers.

Interesting...I'll follow.

What you worry about most with freezing polypeptides is the formation of insoluble aggregates (particulates).

What you worry about most with freezing polypeptides is the formation of insoluble aggregates (particulates).
I know very little about the matter, but FIY it doesn't seem to be much of an issue with short polypeptides. For example BPC157 can go through many freeze thaw cycles no problem.

I know very little about the matter, but FIY it doesn't seem to be much of an issue with short polypeptides. For example BPC157 can go through many freeze thaw cycles no problem.
That is good to know! I have only really investigated the issue with rhGH. Novo Nordisk sponsored a good open access study on preservatives and buffers. And Eckhardt published in Pharmaceutical Research a paper titled, "Effect of freezing on aggregation of human growth hormone." There, the effects were significant: "[T]he formation of insoluble aggregates (particulates), as determined by light scattering in the 340- to 360-nm range, was found to increase sharply with increasing cooling rates. The amount of these particulates was also dependent on the pH of the solution. Freezing hGH solutions formulated at pH 7.4 resulted in highly scattering solutions, whereas pH 7.8 formulations showed significantly less scattering. These results emphasize the importance of understanding the freezing phenomenon for protein solutions and suggest that the formation of soluble aggregates and insoluble particulates may have different mechanisms."

Certainly, you might expect that hCG is less affected (but still affected, and a wise user should always follow storage instructions) & hMG relatively more affected than hCG.

That is good to know! I have only really investigated the issue with rhGH. Novo Nordisk sponsored a good open access study on preservatives and buffers. And Eckhardt published in Pharmaceutical Research a paper titled, "Effect of freezing on aggregation of human growth hormone." There, the effects were significant: "[T]he formation of insoluble aggregates (particulates), as determined by light scattering in the 340- to 360-nm range, was found to increase sharply with increasing cooling rates. The amount of these particulates was also dependent on the pH of the solution. Freezing hGH solutions formulated at pH 7.4 resulted in highly scattering solutions, whereas pH 7.8 formulations showed significantly less scattering. These results emphasize the importance of understanding the freezing phenomenon for protein solutions and suggest that the formation of soluble aggregates and insoluble particulates may have different mechanisms."

Certainly, you might expect that hCG is less affected (but still affected, and a wise user should always follow storage instructions) & hMG relatively more affected than hCG.

HCG and HMG? What would the difference be?

Hope you guys don't freeze slin too; slin has to be disposed of (thrown in the trash) if frozen with most preparations.
I've also done this aswell, I got told to just draw with a insulin syringe and chuck in freezer as I mixed with sodium chloride and it cannot be refrigerated