General Anesthesia while on PEDs

buzzingonaas

Has anyone here gone under while on cycle? I’m on some test and mast injectables only with good HR, BP, and HCT. The procedure is an endoscopy which is typically a simple one. So wondering if anyone knows about interactions between this and the anesthetic propofol. I’ll be telling the anesthesiologist about this but wondering the risk of them wanting to cancel the procedure. I’m on prep so would prefer to not come off to only have to come back on and dig much harder down the line

Also curious about this, if insurance could potentially deny a claim due to self administered TRT.
I’ve been to doctors and hospitals while on PEDs and always been upfront with the doctors. At worst I get “that’s bad for you, you need to stop.” At best I get “Oh cool what’s your training split? My cousin is a bodybuilder” lol, never had issues with insurance (so far)

I've been gone under the knife several times while on peds. I didn't die. At least I'm pretty sure I didn't die. An endoscopy should be a piece of cake.

With that being said, I would definitely come off gear completely for any surgery that has edema as a complication.

I've been gone under the knife several times while on peds. I didn't die. At least I'm pretty sure I didn't die. An endoscopy should be a piece of cake.

With that being said, I would definitely come off gear completely for any surgery that has edema as a complication.
edema being an issue with surgery itself not an issue with the anesthesia? I’m not very well educated on anesthetics (aside from railing ketamine on weekends as a college sophomore)

edema being an issue with surgery itself not an issue with the anesthesia? I’m not very well educated on anesthetics (aside from railing ketamine on weekends as a college sophomore)
Yes. Edema being a complication of the actual surgery, not the anesthesia. And again, I would not sweat coming off gear for a simple endoscopy.

Has anyone here gone under while on cycle? I’m on some test and mast injectables only with good HR, BP, and HCT. The procedure is an endoscopy which is typically a simple one. So wondering if anyone knows about interactions between this and the anesthetic propofol. I’ll be telling the anesthesiologist about this but wondering the risk of them wanting to cancel the procedure. I’m on prep so would prefer to not come off to only have to come back on and dig much harder down the line
I’ve gone under while on 300mg test and 2iu gh and had no issues. Also ancillaries I was on- adex and fin. No issues. Only told them that I was on my TRT prescription, adex, and fin. I cut out anavar and nolva two weeks prior to surgery

Gone under while on 600mg test e and 300mg primo. No issues and told them I was on trt only lol probably not the smartest

Gone under while on 600mg test e and 300mg primo. No issues and told them I was on trt only lol probably not the smartest
that’s about the amount i’m on right now, I feel as if HCT is in a good spot as well as BP and HR, should be alright. I wouldn’t do it with any orals or anything that causes too much “up and down” like orals but that makes me feel better. I’ll let him/her know i’m on pretty high test, not that the anesthesiologist would know anything about masteron other than it’s an underground compound aka illegal drugs which shouldn’t be taken before anesthesia

I haven’t personally, but I’d assume tons of guys have. For instance when you blow tendons off or have muscle tears that need to be reattached. I’d assume many times they are time sensitive and guys would still be on cycle during surgery.

You are good. I did so. There is no interaction with AAS, i was on 200 mg test, and 100 mg deca.

There is an interaction with other meds, and i didnt disclose and turns out that was risky.

Do not say anything, or call another anaethsitiologist that is not doing the procedure. Call them as an “anonysmous” person over the phone with generalized question. Or call another one if you were worried.

I told my first surgeon that i used to be an addict, and he canceled the procedure on me. I didnt tell second and was good.

What's the endoscopy for if you don't mind? Dealing with any problems or for precaution check?
Yeah, have had gastritis and bad reflux for a while. Want to check for hiatal hernia, etc. All stuff to try and get digestion figured out so I can push food again after this show

You are good. I did so. There is no interaction with AAS, i was on 200 mg test, and 100 mg deca.

There is an interaction with other meds, and i didnt disclose and turns out that was risky.

Do not say anything, or call another anaethsitiologist that is not doing the procedure. Call them as an “anonysmous” person over the phone with generalized question. Or call another one if you were worried.

I told my first surgeon that i used to be an addict, and he canceled the procedure on me. I didnt tell second and was good.
It's not smart to hide medical history from your doctor, especially during a surgery.

This has been discussed before, It's unwise to lie or hide something from a doctor. One medication interaction could cost you your life and they can't save you if they don't know what you've taken.

In the USA doctors legally cannot disclose a patients information to law enforcement without a warrant signed by a judge. You could come into the ER high as Rick James on crack and they wouldn't call anyone. Just monitor you and keep you until you're no longer impaired.

The only instances law enforcement must be notified is in cases of sexual assault, suspected child abuse, or if you come into the ER with gunshot or stab wounds.

You guys should take advantage of the laws in your country and be honest with your doctors

It's not smart to hide medical history from your doctor, especially during a surgery.

This has been discussed before, It's unwise to lie or hide something from a doctor. One medication interaction could cost you your life and they can't save you if they don't know what you've taken.

In the USA doctors legally cannot disclose a patients information to law enforcement without a warrant signed by a judge. You could come into the ER high as Rick James on crack and they wouldn't call anyone. Just monitor you and keep you until you're no longer impaired.

The only instances law enforcement must be notified is in cases of sexual assault, suspected child abuse, or if you come into the ER with gunshot or stab wounds.

You guys should take advantage of the laws in your country and be honest with your doctors
But they can deny you for surgery, and then you may have it on record and not be able to get it. Thus never being able to workout again, and be depressed forever turn to drugs….so i hear what your saying. But i know of someone who keeps getting denied surgery because there diabetes is not in range, and now they are not able to get it. Because they feel if you cant get your diabetes in range, you wont have any need to get surgery. Its ODD

But they can deny you for surgery, and then you may have it on record and not be able to get it. Thus never being able to workout again, and be depressed forever turn to drugs….so i hear what your saying. But i know of someone who keeps getting denied surgery because there diabetes is not in range, and now they are not able to get it. Because they feel if you cant get your diabetes in range, you wont have any need to get surgery. Its ODD
So the alternative is lying and possibly dying?

Where I live no doctor would deny a medically necessary surgery unless it would be too dangerous to perform. Like the patient is 700lbs or they have uncontrolled diabetes like you say. So if they are saying the surgery is too dangerous, clearly there is a reason. Maybe lying to a different doctor isn't the smartest decision

Yeah, have had gastritis and bad reflux for a while. Want to check for hiatal hernia, etc. All stuff to try and get digestion figured out so I can push food again after this show

You're doing the best thing dude. I've been on PPI for 11 fucking years, i'll probably gonna die from kidney failure eventually if i won't resolve this. Started this for acid reflux - GERD and i maybe took them for a longer period that i suppose to and since then i've made numerous attempts to withdrawl with no luck. Fix it ASAP, and please stay away from ppi meds. You will take an anti acid of course every time you have reflux, don't be a hero and sustain it because this reflux may eventually lead to ulcers or esophagus cancer.

Last edited:
Also curious about this, if insurance could potentially deny a claim due to self administered TRT.
I told my doctor I use steroids and he didn't seem to care. Insurance finding out is a concern, But I think doctors are in the business of profit and if Insurance drops one of their patients it's unlikely the patient will continue seeing them and paying out of pocket. Just my 2 cents

But Insurance dropping you for lying about past medical history is a real thing and a real concern. But I don't think it happens very often, because they'd only find out from you or your doctor and think of it from a doctor's perspective.

You're doing the best thing dude. I've been on PPI for 11 fucking years, i'll probably gonna die from kidney failure eventually if i won't resolve this. Started this for acid reflux - GERD and i maybe took them for a longer period that i suppose to and since then i've made numerous attempts to withdrawl with no luck. Fix it ASAP, and please stay away from ppi meds. You will take an anti acid of course every time you have reflux, don't be a hero and sustain it because this reflux may eventually lead to ulcers or esophagus cancer.
yeah man barrett’s esophagus is scary and for my bodybuilding goals I’d consider whatever surgeries to fix digestion because I know I’ll keep pushing food high