Giant Semaglutide Thread (and other GLP-1 / GIP agonists)

say: someone is on 1mg a week of Reta (which is 50% of the minimum effective dose for fat loss), would a dose of 1mg Tirz be of equal effect? or is there an adjustion needed to be made in that case to get an equal effect to the 1mg a week of reta?

(no advice needed for higher doses)

@Ghoul

I would be curious to hear your opinion on type 1 diabetics using Tirzepatide / other GLP1s alongside their exogenous insulin. I don’t believe this has been covered much at all and there appear to be very few anecdotal reports.

You're right, the research is really thin (like non-existent), probably because these compounds are incredibly effective at enhancing natural glucose control on their own, they completely replace the need for diabetics to use anything else.

FYI I'm not a diabetic or pre-diabetic.

I can only add my own anecdotal experience. On more than one occasion, when using a GLP alongside other things that lower blood glucose, like Metformin or Clenbuterol, I experienced brief hypoglycemia symptoms, like blurred vision within moments of dosing the GLP. This is dangerous, since it doesn't take long for nerves in the eye to become damaged from low blood sugar. I've wanted to get a continuous glucose monitor to confirm this was from low blood sugar, but the fact eating an orange a few minutes before injecting the GLP would prevent it was enough to convince me. Even without the orange, it would resolve within a few minutes, as if the GLP enhanced glucose regulation would kick in and tell the liver "holy shit, get more sugar into the blood now!". But still, a few minutes of that on a regular basis could build nerve damage over time.

So in general, if you experience blurred vision immediately reevaluate what you're taking for anything that lowers blood sugar when on a GLP. More compounds than you'd expect lower blood glucose.

That said, insulin improves cells ability to use glucose as energy, it doesn't just cut down production of it like metformin, and the way Clen improves blood glucose control is unknown, so insulin's different mechanism of action may mean there's no problem at all.

Just be careful. Hypoglycemia is no joke, permanent damage can happen fast. Start low with insulin and be on the lookout for blurred vision, it's not subtle and an important warning sign. If it doesn't happen, I'd think you're good to go.

Last edited:
@Ghoul

I would be curious to hear your opinion on type 1 diabetics using Tirzepatide / other GLP1s alongside their exogenous insulin. I don’t believe this has been covered much at all and there appear to be very few anecdotal reports.
There’s actually a drug called Xultophy, a combination of insulin degludec and liraglutide. However, upon reading the warnings it’s not recommended to type 1 diabetics.

But just like any medication which are uncommon, I would suggest asking a medical professional for proper usage.

Back