Girlfriend can’t loose belly fat.

Hey.

My partner is 5.6, 130lbs, size 8. Age 31.

We train together hard 4-5 days a week. She does 30 mins uphill treadmill per day. Enough output for a good sweat.

She has an office job and is 75% sedentary and 25% out on site (project coordinator).

She’s vegetarian and doesn’t like chocolate much or crap in general. She doesn’t drink and or smoke. No drugs or unsavoury stuff.

ATM she’s got a little pocket of fat under her belly and she wants to get rid of it and Leah out. Nothing crazy like abs, but a flat stomach with no pouch. The pouch is around 1.5-2 inch of fat I’d say and she just can’t seem to lose it.

We started her on 1600 cals two months ago ahd she tracks everything. She’s 100% not cheating as she’s just not like that at all. So I’m wondering what is happening, as she’s not loosing weight or the fat

All the trackers say that she should be eating 1400 for a cut based on 5 days working out. But it’s just not working. For 8 weeks she’s fluctuated between 132 and 128. She weighs herself every Monday and Thursday, but the last week we’ve been doing daily. We went down to 1350 and she’s put weight on.

No thorid or health issues we know of are causing this. Periods throw the tracking off a bit though.

She aims for .5g of protein per lbs due to cutting. Fats come from cottage cheese, a little olive oil her and their, nuts. Protein comes from beans, lentils, tofu, protein powder, almond milk. Carbs come from veg, rice and potatos. All nutrient dense food. She doesn’t eat any shit other than the odd burboun biscuit as a treat a few times a week (120 cals).

Everything is tracked.

Sample day of eating here

Breakfast: Oats, protein bar
Lunch: Home made Red Thai curry with tofu
Dinner: Boiled Eggs, Cottage Cheese, Sweet Potato, Low fat Sweet Chilli Sauce
Snacks: Rice Crispie Square, Glass of Almond Higher Protien Milk

She has a great shape and top abs are showing in good light. Hour glass shape with a good size bum and curves.

She looks better then 90%’of the population but wants to get rid or that belly.

I think she’s under-eating tbh. This would cause her to potentially hold on to fat and fluctuate so much.

We’ve got 5 weeks left of our cut before we both do a lean bulk and I’m unsure what to suggest now. I’m fairly knowledgeable for the average Joe, but I’m at a losss on whats happening atm.

Can anyone with experience kindly offer any advice?

What's the blood work look like? At first look that doesn't look like nearly enough healthy fats needed for optimal hormones. How long has she been dieting? A few maintenance weeks or utilizing a re feed day could see a lot of benefit.

What's the blood work look like? At first look that doesn't look like nearly enough healthy fats needed for optimal hormones. How long has she been dieting? A few maintenance weeks or utilizing a re feed day could see a lot of benefit.

Thanks mate. We’re gonna bump cals to 1500 and add ten mins extra cardio at the end of each workout. That’s an extra 50 mins a week without sacrificing food.

What should her macro split look like for a veggie cutting naturally.

No blood work done.