Greying beard

ksm2

Anyone had success reversing it? I'm early 30s and not ready for it, looks shit as its mostly dark with a few grey spots. Apparently there are some peptides that can help with it

There are several peptide-based treatments that may help reverse greying beard hair:

Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-20 (PA20) is a peptide that has shown promise in reversing grey hair

It works by preserving the function of pigment-producing cells and promoting repigmentation. This peptide is used in some commercial products like Arey's Mela-9TM Complex.

Alpha-Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone (α-MSH) agonists have demonstrated effectiveness in reversing premature hair greying

One study reported >90% conversion of grey hair to black hair after 5 months of using a topical solution containing an α-MSH biomimetic peptide.

Melanotan II is another peptide that can potentially affect hair pigmentation by changing skin pigment, though its specific effects on beard hair are not detailed in the results

It's important to note that results may vary and reversal is generally more effective on hair that is less than 30% grey. The process is gradual, often taking 3-4 months or longer to see noticeable changes. Combining topical peptide treatments with nutritional supplements containing biotin and other vitamins may enhance results.

Anyone had success reversing it? I'm early 30s and not ready for it, looks shit as its mostly dark with a few grey spots. Apparently there are some peptides that can help with it

Melanotan 2 is very effective.

Also early greying correlates with early onset cardiovascular disease, so take it as a gift, and keep a very close eye on lipids and get a calcium score so you can stop it before it gets bad.

I'm curious about MT2, but i don't like the typical letherly overtanned roidhead look that apparently many people get from it. Is it possible to get a light tan and get some effects on greying beard and hair with a low dose? Do you have any personal experience with that?

I'm curious about MT2, but i don't like the typical letherly overtanned roidhead look that apparently many people get from it. Is it possible to get a light tan and get some effects on greying beard and hair with a low dose? Do you have any personal experience with that?

I do. I have fair skin. With minimal sun exposure and sunscreen use I find I don't get much of a tan from MT 2, but my irises, moles, birthmarks, hair and beard all darken significantly. Grey beard hairs have gone black for an extended period. Not even my natural dark brown, but so dark they look black.

If I spend a moderate amount of time in the sun uncovered trying to tan I will develop one fairly quickly.

I do. I have fair skin. With minimal sun exposure and sunscreen use I find I don't get much of a tan from MT 2, but my irises, moles, birthmarks, hair and beard all darken significantly. Grey beard hairs have gone black for an extended period. Not even my natural dark brown, but so dark they look black.

If I spend a moderate amount of time in the sun uncovered trying to tan I will develop one fairly quickly.

Sounds pretty good, can you give some dosage suggestions or starting protocols?

Found this, which sounds good

100mcg is a good starting dose. I noticed it also turned my few gray facial hairs brown.

and

Can mt2 darken your skin without going tanning

Yeah using it without sunbeds going tanned you’ll get hyper pigmentation on lips skin folds etc and look mixed still but won’t be black like when using tanning beds but no wrinkly skin

Which sounds bad.

I would like to get a minimal/light tan with darker beard/hair without using a tanning bed or going into the sun too much, could i get away with dosing 100 mcg twice per week for a few weeks?

How true is the hyperpigmentation of lips etc when not actively tanning on MT2?

I've embraced the salt in my salt & pepper beard. I'm darker skinned, so anything that further darkens my skin makes my beard look even saltier.

I'm not aware of anything that darkens hair without darkening skin.

So for me, it's either salt & pepper beard or no beard. I've embraced the salt & pepper. People call me "sir." Not complaining.

I read something about fisetin doing something for white hair.
Also, CaAAKG.
But it's all anecdotal, I don't know whether these actually work.
People will say anything to sell you supplements.
Like Alex said, white hair makes you look sexy and mature (in a good way).
Only if you are a man, obviously.
If you are a woman and don't reach for the hair dye, you just look old and trash.
A lot of people use melanotan, but whether it will cause lasting damage to your skin, because of how it acts on it, you will only find out if you use it.
Would it be something you are willing to take on a regular basis, when there is no study or data about long term use of this substance?

Would it be something you are willing to take on a regular basis, when there is no study or data about long term use of this substance?

You are right, actually i don't care enough to try some exotic peptides just to darken my beard. But ghoul made me curious about trying MT2, guess i will become a black man now :)

Can confirm. 50yo man here, grey and white beard, STILL get flirted with by women 35 and under. Accept the gray, lock in your mature status and carry yourself that way.

I go even younger ;)

Listen up young guys: Grey is fine, thinning not so much. Protect your hair while you have it. 90% of the damage to your hair is done long before it falls out. You don't wait to start brushing your teeth until they fall out do you?

You'll be MORE valuable to women as you age if you handle things half way properly, do your future self a BIG favor and keep a full head of hair.

Yeah I have a lot of my hair. I thinks that’s the other reason I still get looks!

Got some widows peak thinning for sure. I’m on topical fin but I don’t think it does a damn thing. I can’t take fin. Kills dick dead. I’m resigned to losing the rest of my hair if topical doesn’t work out. If the young ladies don’t like it, oh well lol

Yeah I have a lot of my hair. I thinks that’s the other reason I still get looks!

Got some widows peak thinning for sure. I’m on topical fin but I don’t think it does a damn thing. I can’t take fin. Kills dick dead. I’m resigned to losing the rest of my hair if topical doesn’t work out. If the young ladies don’t like it, oh well lol

I made a big mistake years ago stoping 1mg every other day fin because of terrible sides, I'm very sensitive to it. I recently went back on, at .25 mg, which gives 95% of the benefits, and while I "felt" it slightly for the first week, I've had zero sexual side effects.

You have to block some DHT to protect your hair, everything else helps to a degree, oral minoxidil is the #2 most effective thing to use, but without fin as a base you're going to lose the battle.

I recommend giving a couple weeks at .25mg a try. It's a minuscule dose and enough to stop and reverse hair loss.

I will once I determine that topical is not working. The topical is giving me sides as well, and it’s a small ass dose! Only been 2 weeks so I have a few more weeks before I notice anything at all. On oral, I noticed hair in 4 weeks.

I will once I determine that topical is not working. The topical is giving me sides as well, and it’s a small ass dose! Only been 2 weeks so I have a few more weeks before I notice anything at all. On oral, I noticed hair in 4 weeks.

The problem with topical anything is you have no control over the dose. It goes systemic, and doesn't stay in the scalp, so who knows how much you're getting into your system. At least with .25mg you know how much it is and whether it's affecting you.

most women have no idea how insecure most men are. I have learned to embrace my grays.

In Spanish they refer to gray hair as ganas, meaning to win earn or gain. Such as in knowledge and experience in life.

I see some insecure fruits with a fake hair pieces with color I wanna slap it right off of em, lol. Don’t be a Steve Harvey.