Help me, filtration.

sgarbi

Hello friends.

I found the magnifying glass so I decided to ask, bought the Millipore filtration system, but the nylon membrane which would be most suitable, 0.45 X 47 mm, takes too long to filter, especially with hand pump, someone would help me would have to be used another filter, sorry the agreement because I am Brazilian, embrace.

.45um filter isnt enough. You need a .22um filter. I use the whatman Zapcap-CR. It's not a sterile filter though so I pressure cook the gear afterwards.

Yeah .45 isn't enough. I use a .22 seems to work fine. I've recently seen a .1 filter, think I'm going to buy a couple and try them out. If your having trouble filtering save up and buy a vacuum system, makes life a lot easier.

Hello friends, I'm using Millipore filtration system with manual vacuum pump, the same problem is the filter 0.45, took ten hours to filter 250 ml, need help on the question of which filter to use to facilitate my work , thanks.

Why are you covering the top, you're not letting air through, which might be the reason why it's taking to long to filter?

Why are you covering the top, you're not letting air through, which might be the reason why it's taking to long to filter?
It's just a plastic not to get dirt, nothing to prevent the filtration, the nylon filter 0.45 did not work used OE is finishing filter 250 ml, but the plastic is not messing no, the pressure is more than enough even makes foam, I think the filter was not appropriate.

It's just a plastic not to get dirt, nothing to prevent the filtration, the nylon filter 0.45 did not work used OE is finishing filter 250 ml, but the plastic is not messing no, the pressure is more than enough even makes foam, I think the filter was not appropriate.

Have you tried it without the plastic? Even if something gets into your solution, the filter will take care of it.

Have you tried it without the plastic? Even if something gets into your solution, the filter will take care of it.
Yes friend, the plastic is not sealing anything was not filtering with plastic over the membrane is not adequate, need help to see what use, in Brazil anyone who knows guard passes information to you.

Hello friends.

I found the magnifying glass so I decided to ask, bought the Millipore filtration system, but the nylon membrane which would be most suitable, 0.45 X 47 mm, takes too long to filter, especially with hand pump, someone would help me would have to be used another filter, sorry the agreement because I am Brazilian, embrace.

That shouldn't take very long..

What brand is it..
Give me all info about your filter system

Hello friends, I'm using Millipore filtration system with manual vacuum pump, the same problem is the filter 0.45, took ten hours to filter 250 ml, need help on the question of which filter to use to facilitate my work , thanks.
Millipore Sucks Ass.
Get a Nalgene Nylon .45 filtration systen

Yea, get the plastic off there..
It wouldn't matter if a bug fell in the top.
System Millipore filtration, membrane 0.45 x 47 mm nylon, realized at the time of preparation of the ethyl oleate is quite viscous, much work has to pull with a 20 cc syringe may be also ethyl oleate.

System Millipore filtration, membrane 0.45 x 47 mm nylon, realized at the time of preparation of the ethyl oleate is quite viscous, much work has to pull with a 20 cc syringe may be also ethyl oleate.
Why did you use EO?
What MG per ML are you brewing?