High Estrogen/hemoglobin

Cblack

Had blood work done after a cruise of 160 mg test C. Cycle prior to that was 400 Decca/ 500 test. Donated blood after cycle and retested hemoglobin and levels were still fairly high (shown in pic). TRT doctor said these numbers look good. My concern was that my BP was a bit higher than usual, and I’m still having flushing of skin. Read some forums that said high estrogen and HCT can cause flushing. My estrogen here is showing out of range, but the trt doctor told me this specific test isn’t the right for a male. Doctor said donate bloods again. But a separate doc who provides my TRT said the numbers look “great”
IMG_0676.jpeg

Estrogen is good considering you have 1000 total t.Around 40 is what you should aim with these levels.I don't get how your HCT doesn't ring any bell to your doctors.54.5 is too high brother.If you showed up to a hospital in my country with that HCT they would get you on blood thinners after therapeutic phlebotomy.

How much water did you drink before getting tested?

E2 at 46 is completely fine, you shouldn't really worry about E2 unless it's over something like 60-80 or if you're getting gyno sides.

Ahr
Estrogen is good considering you have 1000 total t.Around 40 is what you should aim with these levels.I don't get how your HCT doesn't ring any bell to your doctors.54.5 is too high brother.If you showed up to a hospital in my country with that HCT they would get you on blood thinners after therapeutic phlebotom

Estrogen is good considering you have 1000 total t.Around 40 is what you should aim with these levels.I don't get how your HCT doesn't ring any bell to your doctors.54.5 is too high brother.If you showed up to a hospital in my country with that HCT they would get you on blood thinners after therapeutic phlebotomy.
That’s because he’s a “clinic” doctor. My primary wrote me a referral to go donate another unit of blood. Thanks for the input

How much water did you drink before getting tested?

E2 at 46 is completely fine, you shouldn't really worry about E2 unless it's over something like 60-80 or if you're getting gyno sides.
Tbh I don’t remember how much water I drank before. It was in the morning so prob a few bottles

Had blood work done after a cruise of 160 mg test C. Cycle prior to that was 400 Decca/ 500 test. Donated blood after cycle and retested hemoglobin and levels were still fairly high (shown in pic). TRT doctor said these numbers look good. My concern was that my BP was a bit higher than usual, and I’m still having flushing of skin. Read some forums that said high estrogen and HCT can cause flushing. My estrogen here is showing out of range, but the trt doctor told me this specific test isn’t the right for a male. Doctor said donate bloods again. But a separate doc who provides my TRT said the numbers look “great”
View attachment 280117

Your TT is high, especially if the number is through (normal healthy male ranges fall somewhere between 500 - 800). And looking solely at TT isn't good enough, you need to know your free T. That could just as well be 2 x the upper range, judging from your results, I wouldn't be surprised. Although you didn't specify how long ago was your cycle.

You can not look e2 in isolation of SHBG as it too binds E2. An E2 of 45 is fine with a higher shbg, presumably, but if your shbg is low (due to a high androgen load) an e2 of 45 is high.

Your blood work is incomplete. Unfortunately you have some shabby doc's taking care of you.

You will most likely have to reduce your dosage. The 250 - 1100 ngdl is not some magical range, where as if you fall below 1100 you are a.ok. In naturals, high levels of TT, ie. 1100, are usually accompanied by relatively high SHBG numbers and thus their free androgen index stays in normal range. The use of exogenous androgens, even if in normal physiological (TT) ranges, still lowers shbg, thus making TT as biomarker in isolation, on it's own, not useless, but incomplete. I mean, it's incomplete also in naturals, but there you can be more certain that the androgen load isn't excessive, where as in TRT patients, you can not be so sure and if hematocrit is out of range, you almost don't need to look at shbg ... However, that is not to say that trt doesn't elevate it in all by it self due to epo ...

Cycle well over 10 weeks ago
Your TT is high, especially if the number is through (normal healthy male ranges fall somewhere between 500 - 800). And looking solely at TT isn't good enough, you need to know your free T. That could just as well be 2 x the upper range, judging from your results, I wouldn't be surprised. Although you didn't specify how long ago was your cycle.

You can not look e2 in isolation of SHBG as it too binds E2. An E2 of 45 is fine with a higher shbg, presumably, but if your shbg is low (due to a high androgen load) an e2 of 45 is high.

Your blood work is incomplete. Unfortunately you have some shabby doc's taking care of you.

You will most likely have to reduce your dosage. The 250 - 1100 ngdl is not some magical range, where as if you fall below 1100 you are a.ok. In naturals, high levels of TT, ie. 1100, are usually accompanied by relatively high SHBG numbers and thus their free androgen index stays in normal range. The use of exogenous androgens, even if in normal physiological (TT) ranges, still lowers shbg, thus making TT as biomarker in isolation, on it's own, not useless, but incomplete. I mean, it's incomplete also in naturals, but there you can be more certain that the androgen load isn't excessive, where as in TRT patients, you can not be so sure and if hematocrit is out of range, you almost don't need to look at shbg ... However, that is not to say that trt doesn't elevate it in all by it self due to epo ...

Attachments

• IMG_0678.jpeg
    IMG_0678.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 27
Do the maths on the half life's brother. Especially deca, which is still circulating in your system and you've been on "normal" test levels for app 5 weeks.
Won’t be doing Decca ever again. The only thing that’s ever gave me issues. Main concern is getting my hemoglobin and HCT levels in check. Those number were higher before I donated a unit. Gonna donate again since my primary wrote me a script to donate. I was concerned about my estrogen because I was getting hot flashes along with flush skin (mainly face). I was told that estrogen test wasn’t right and I needed the “ultra sensitive test)

Won’t be doing Decca ever again. The only thing that’s ever gave me issues. Main concern is getting my hemoglobin and HCT levels in check. Those number were higher before I donated a unit. Gonna donate again since my primary wrote me a script to donate. I was concerned about my estrogen because I was getting hot flashes along with flush skin (mainly face). I was told that estrogen test wasn’t right and I needed the “ultra sensitive test)

Hm, you aren't acknowledging what I'm saying to you, so I'm just checking if you understood what I wrote in my previous two posts?

Regarding donations, check your ferritin first if you can actually afford to do another donation.

Hm, you aren't acknowledging what I'm saying to you, so I'm just checking if you understood what I wrote in my previous two posts?

Regarding donations, check your ferritin first if you can actually afford to do another donation
Iron levels after first blood dump. Iron was on the lower side. I also was barely eating red meat. Mostly chicken. I’ve picked up red meat intake since then

Attachments

• IMG_0724.jpeg
    IMG_0724.jpeg
    241.4 KB · Views: 24
View attachment 280117
Are you taking any other medications or supplements at all ?
I'm assuming this is the test result before donation and with the intake of both Test and Deca, Yes ?
Iron can be low normal when you donate, so if your B12 is good, I would recommend supplementing with Feramax which contains an optimal 150 mg of elemental iron.It is a Polydextrose Iron Complex, and is well tolerated when it enters the stomach. PDICs liberate less ionic iron in the stomach compared to salts. It's less constipating provided you include enough fiber in your diet and are well hydrated. I had low Ferritin and transferrin saturation due to donating every 8 weeks and within 2 weeks of Feramax , 150 mgs/day intake, my re-tested level of ferritin was smack middle range and my transferrin increased to be in the normal range( low -normal ) . You can order on Amazon and many pharmacies carry it.

Are you taking any other medications or supplements at all ?
I'm assuming this is the test result before donation and with the intake of both Test and Deca, Yes ?
Iron can be low normal when you donate, so if your B12 is good, I would recommend supplementing with Feramax which contains an optimal 150 mg of elemental iron.It is a Polydextrose Iron Complex, and is well tolerated when it enters the stomach. PDICs liberate less ionic iron in the stomach compared to salts. It's less constipating provided you include enough fiber in your diet and are well hydrated. I had low Ferritin and transferrin saturation due to donating every 8 weeks and within 2 weeks of Feramax , 150 mgs/day intake, my re-tested level of ferritin was smack middle range and my transferrin increased to be in the normal range( low -normal ) . You can order on Amazon and many pharmacies carry it.
That was actually after one unit donation. I’m getting ready to donate again. Levels were much higher before the donation.

Sponsors