High red blood cell count, Hemoglobin, Hematocrit levels on Test C

eddied

Red blood cell count 6.10, Hemoglobin 17.6, Hematocrit 53.1 are my numbers I just received, 65 yo male on TRT taking 70 mg Test C every 5 days. I am unable to donate blood due to being on Xarelto blood thinner along with Metoprolol 75mg 2x daily for Afib issue currently addressing. I workout 5-6 times a week and do cardio but not as much as previous due to keeping heart rate down under 140 as directed by cardiologist, no symptoms as I drink 60 oz of water daily at gym, no alcohol no other anabolics, no iron, no smoking. I feel amazing except for constant AFIB which is currently bouncing around 80-100 at home and 115-140 at gym until cardioversion can be completed at hospital and this is a constant issue. I know this is a question for cardiologist and my doc but what are my options besides stopping TRT or looking at a script. Can anyone who has been in my situation or help me know where else to look as I have been online since bloodwork came in 4 hours ago and appointment in 3 days.

I am 5'11 220 and down 90 lbs over the last 26 months on ozempic, quit drinking when starting Oz, not symptomatic just the afib issue I have always had a sleep issue but retired now and doin ok. I am worried about clotting more than anything.

Drink a lot more water and decrease test to 50mg every 5 days.
I can certainly do that just concerned about blood clots as that is an issue I am currently having as the first cardioversion was aborted due to seeing one with a scope before they shock you to get back in regular sinus as they call it. Eliquis cancelled and Xarelto put in place with higher dose of metopropol to slow heart down more.

I wouldn't worry about that hgh..... If you have polycythemia vera, then that is a different story.

I don't think dropping down even lower on test is gonna fix your issue

Get a sleep study completed too

The high hgb and clots has correlation but not causation....

Last edited:
Red blood cell count 6.10, Hemoglobin 17.6, Hematocrit 53.1 are my numbers I just received, 65 yo male on TRT taking 70 mg Test C every 5 days. I am unable to donate blood due to being on Xarelto blood thinner along with Metoprolol 75mg 2x daily for Afib issue currently addressing. I workout 5-6 times a week and do cardio but not as much as previous due to keeping heart rate down under 140 as directed by cardiologist, no symptoms as I drink 60 oz of water daily at gym, no alcohol no other anabolics, no iron, no smoking. I feel amazing except for constant AFIB which is currently bouncing around 80-100 at home and 115-140 at gym until cardioversion can be completed at hospital and this is a constant issue. I know this is a question for cardiologist and my doc but what are my options besides stopping TRT or looking at a script. Can anyone who has been in my situation or help me know where else to look as I have been online since bloodwork came in 4 hours ago and appointment in 3 days.
Therapeutic phlebotomy or drain it yourself.

. If you have polycythemia vera, then that is a different story.

. If you have polycythemia vera, then that is a different story.

That is a new one for me as I just read about it, the red blood cell spike started 5 months back when I started TRT but at that time I added some npp for elbow issues that are doing great and have not used any in months but the spike has continued. Thanks for your input I do appreciate it.

That is a new one for me as I just read about it, the red blood cell spike started 5 months back when I started TRT but at that time I added some npp for elbow issues that are doing great and have not used any in months but the spike has continued. Thanks for your input I do appreciate it.
Takes 3 months for bloods to typically normalize as that is the life span red blood cells.

could also try more frequent lower dosed injections. this will prevent the Erythropoietin level spike associated with testosterone. it would lower the "set point"

One thing to take into consideration is that my statement of increased frequency hasnt been proven(As far as I know). part of it is speculation, other things to take into consideration is esters like Test U have lower risk of erythrocytosis because it doesnt cause as high of a drug serum spike as the other counterparts.

for short term vs long term esters and erythrocytosis

there is a study about how Test U does have lower incidence of hct increase, but I cant find it right now

I also deal with high RBC/H&H. With test, it went from 47 baseline to 54. Added deca, went to 61. I dropped: deca & iron (you did that already), and Vitamin C, went down to 55. It takes time for crit to go down on its own, with phlebotomy about 1 to 3 points (give or take) right away. I was completely off for over a month and going back on, crit still at 55 (probably deca still in my system?)... doc has me starting monthly phlebotomy to get to 50. I'm still looking for my balance on gear, as I'm new to it as well.

More water intake "dilutes" crit, labs come in lower when fully hydrated. Grapefruit may help. There's a lot of info on this board about all that.

I wish there was a "magic bullet," I'm still looking for solutions as well.

edit: @Spaceman Spiff just listed some more.

Takes 3 months for bloods to typically normalize as that is the life span red blood cells.

could also try more frequent lower dosed injections. this will prevent the Erythropoietin level spike associated with testosterone. it would lower the "set point"

Excellent reading, I get how things are working better and wonder if the test caused my heart to go nuts and maybe the shock will just reset it without an Ablasion procedure and I live a long life lol. Thankyou

One thing to take into consideration is that my statement of increased frequency hasnt been proven(As far as I know). part of it is speculation, other things to take into consideration is esters like Test U have lower risk of erythrocytosis because it doesnt cause as high of a drug serum spike as the other counterparts.

there is a study about how Test U does have lower incidence of hct increase, but I cant find it right now

Mr. Spiff this is the best article ( science direct) I have ever read on this subject and I am sure I know what happened with me, my feeling like superman has fucked me over a bit and hopefully I can get it fixed. It tells me that cardiologists will be in great demand going forward as guys like me finding out what test can do for you without enough knowledge at the prescribing point is def an issue. Afib will be running wild in us old guys as we change the viscosity of our blood is what I read but not enough studies out there yet. Thanks

Back