How effective is recomping on PEDs?

Let‘s say you’re in a good position for recomping (not close to your genetic muscular limit and carrying a moderate amount of bodyfat), how effective is recomping?

I think of recomping as eating around maintenance calories and staying at roughly the same bodyweight while simultaneously gaining muscle and losing fat. Basically shifting your body‘s energy storage with the help of PEDs.

For context, I’m 5"9' and 190lbs at 18-20% bodyfat. I‘ve started my cycle consisting of 200mg Test E and 300mg Tren E last week and I would prefer to try recomping instead of going the classical route of bulking and cutting. How much longer is it going to take to achieve similar results, assuming your training and diet is on point?

I wonder, what exactly is it that makes some guys skinny fat while others are skinny ripped. Just genetics or diet?
Anecdotally I think it is diet and cardio . I’ve been skinny fat and skinny & shredded, and it was just a matter of diet and exercise. skinny fat just means little muscle with too much fat, skinny ripped is just a little muscle and lean haha.
I used to think it was genetics until I got shredded the first time. I think the genetics stuff is just coping generally and what it actually is would be not knowing how to utilize nutrition properly, ruining insulin sensitivity, or harming your metabolic process and not being honest about the quality of the diet. I’ve coached skinny fat and skinny shredded, the skinny fat guys tended to just eat dirty or drink but minimized it “but I always hit my protein macro” and the shredded ones were just not getting the calories. Either way once they got on a proper diet they either leaned out very fast or grew like a weed.
Don’t get me wrong genetics play a role in the extent of how easy it is, but it’s not an excuse, everyone can do it.