How important is protein

I have a family so I do eat off plan fairly regularly unless I’m in prep. I don’t think cheats are any more necessary in dieting than on bulking. They’re primarily a mental break from the monotony of the same food every meal every day. Physique wise, a single meal serves very little purpose.

the best offseason I ever had was just as strict as my prep though.
they should be less of a derailment bulking than dieting as people tend to binge when cutting, not stuffing their face to grow.
I have no problem stuffing my face in food, my struggle is not eating. I'm able to diet strictly but I suffer a lot ahahah

This year I'm trying to not exceed 13-14% bodyfat on a bulk. Starting around 10-11%

I know not fairly optimal but I don't plan to compete and I wanna look ok the whole year plus I'm tired of having to do aggressive and long cut to shed to much bf

If I were to eat 6 McDouble cheeseburgers ONLY for a day, which lets say comes to around 2700kcal and I was to eat 2700kcal of chicken breast, veggies and rice. There would be NO difference in my body composition. I would get shredded with either diet. I'd just be lacking micronutrients, obviously.. Diet means nothing besides health.

You don't need anywhere near as much protein as you think, ESPECIALLY when running AAS. Ronnie Coleman, Pro BBers or even people on here with high credentials would still get shredded eating foods like honey buns, pizzas, McDonald's etc. Because of the amount of drugs these guys run, some even cut on 3500-4000 calories a day due to certain compounds and the nutrient partitioning lol.

You can be eating 50+ grams of protein per meal, you can prioritise your carbs, you can be anal about your fats, sip your eaa's all day, eat 12x a day.. Whatever the fuck. But guess what? Keep doing all of that and drop the steroids and peptides and watch yourself shrink like a dying weed because non of that shit works any better than just eating what you want.

Bodybuilding is all about genetics, training, hormones and controlling calories. It's not a sport, it's a beauty contest. A pretty easy one at that, it's just the bro turds and sell outs and crap coaches that make it all sound complicated.
Andrew Rutter,

Are you a competitive bodybuilder? If so, how well have you done in terms of placings?

Andrew Rutter,

Are you a competitive bodybuilder? If so, how well have you done in terms of placings?
Nope, although I stay at a reasonable body fat percentage year round, because I keep the calories under control. It's not what you eat, it's how much you eat.

For instance, check out this natural bodybuilder. Not massive, but insanely shredded and striated and eats what ever he wants, even hours out from a show. I'll link a couple old vids of his down below.

If you want to eat foods like skinless chicken and potatoes then by all means, do it. But it must be a pain in the ass eating like that and tying to grow when each meal comes at round 350 calories lmao.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AVisCHk6kAQ

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G2pxP6-4fkQ

Nope, although I stay at a reasonable body fat percentage year round, because I keep the calories under control. It's not what you eat, it's how much you eat.

For instance, check out this natural bodybuilder. Not massive, but insanely shredded and striated and eats what ever he wants, even hours out from a show. I'll link a couple old vids of his down below.

If you want to eat foods like skinless chicken and potatoes then by all means, do it. But it must be a pain in the ass eating like that and tying to grow when each meal comes at round 350 calories lmao.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AVisCHk6kAQ

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G2pxP6-4fkQ

Don't know anything about that guy or whether natty or not, but "eating whatever he wants, even hours out from a show," is misleading. Everything in that video is a source of quick carbs and salt.

I had donuts available "hours out from a show," but it does not mean I won my show prepping on donuts. There is a specific reason I had them available, and I guarantee there is a specific reason for each food item in that first video, which does not represent what or how he ate for the previous 12 weeks.

Don't know anything about that guy or whether natty or not, but "eating whatever he wants, even hours out from a show," is misleading. Everything in that video is a source of quick carbs and salt.

I had donuts available "hours out from a show," but it does not mean I won my show prepping on donuts. There is a specific reason I had them available, and I guarantee there is a specific reason for each food item in that first video, which does not represent what or how he ate for the previous 12 weeks.
He probably just ate at maintenance for that day, and he definitely tracked all those foods he ate. It would all be stored as glycogen.

I'm just a firm believer of it's now what you eat, it's how much. For instance, I've been on the road today and I don't feel like going shopping to buy meat etc. So I have tomorrow's meals all planned. Eating like this works for me

M1: Cup of oats, peanut butter, scoop of whey - 600 cals
M2: Pasta, olive oil, sweet chili sauce, scoop of whey - 650 cals
M3: Same as M2
M4: Tuna and Mayo sandwich - 500 cals
M5: scoop of whey, 1 banana, blueberries, kale - blend up - 300 cals
M6: probably will have some ice-cream to get the extra cals in

And he is 5'11" with a bulk weight of 180 and a contest weight of 165. I can't find specifics about his diet online, but I seriously doubt he eats whatever he wants prepping for his natty shows. He wins, and I am sure he does what it takes to win.

He probably just ate at maintenance for that day, and he definitely tracked all those foods he ate. It would all be stored as glycogen.

I'm just a firm believer of it's now what you eat, it's how much. For instance, I've been on the road today and I don't feel like going shopping to buy meat etc. So I have tomorrow's meals all planned. Eating like this works for me

M1: Cup of oats, peanut butter, scoop of whey - 600 cals
M2: Pasta, olive oil, sweet chili sauce, scoop of whey - 650 cals
M3: Same as M2
M4: Tuna and Mayo sandwich - 500 cals
M5: scoop of whey, 1 banana, blueberries, kale - blend up - 300 cals
M6: probably will have some ice-cream to get the extra cals in
If you're happy with the results, then I am happy. I would recommend something different to maximize results, but it would suck some of the fun out of it for you, and you already made your feelings clear about that.

If you're happy with the results, then I am happy. I would recommend something different to maximize results, but it would suck some of the fun out of it for you, and you already made your feelings clear about that.
Trying to find that study you posted in another thread about eating over maintenance with lean protein and the recomp results. What’s being conflated and/or being taken as gospel is maintenance calories. Of course, if you stay under maintenance, you’ll lose weight, why not eat 10 twinkies a day and get ripped?

Losing “weight” is not what we’re doing here. So, macros do matter in conjunction with staying under maintenance for fat loss in our context. If you want to look like a flaccid bag of farts, then, no, macros don’t matter. Let me see if I can dig up that study.

You can “lose weight” and “gain weight” on any macro distribution in a certain caloric intake. You WILL NOT optimize muscle building and fat loss and therefore body comp only controlling cals.

that’s a pipe dream sold by retards.

you can just say you’re unable to maintain the consistency and drive it takes to eat 5-6k “clean” cals and not try to sound like an idiot.

you can just say you’re unable to maintain the consistency and drive it takes to eat 5-6k “clean” cals and not try to sound like an idiot.
Most people would rather blame genetics than their own actions.

I'm realistic enough to admit that most of my downfalls are due to my own lack of discipline or desire. NOT because I am a victim of any sort of circumstance.

You can “lose weight” and “gain weight” on any macro distribution in a certain caloric intake. You WILL NOT optimize muscle building and fat loss and therefore body comp only controlling cals.

that’s a pipe dream sold by retards.

Thank you for putting it more succinctly.

Trying to find that study you posted in another thread about eating over maintenance with lean protein and the recomp results. What’s being conflated and/or being taken as gospel is maintenance calories. Of course, if you stay under maintenance, you’ll lose weight, why not eat 10 twinkies a day and get ripped?

Losing “weight” is not what we’re doing here. So, macros do matter in conjunction with staying under maintenance for fat loss in our context. If you want to look like a flaccid bag of farts, then, no, macros don’t matter. Let me see if I can dig up that study.
Now imagine the recomp effect with AAS added to the equation

I used to put all my eggs in the protein basket but once I started focusing on hit my carb intake of 300g per day is when for the first time in my life I started seeing serious gains in strength and size. I'm now of the mindset that, at least for me, carbs are the most important part of my caloric intake for size and strength gains.
Bingo! Carbs are #1, not protien

Woke up and ate apple jack's with a banana. Still lean AND muscular asf. Chipotle later. How was everyone's plain oatmeal and eggs?

I don’t even bother with breakfast since I work out later in the day. It would just be a waste of energy
Ron Burgundy What GIF

Back