Injecting hgh post workout?

Evom1

No, in fact if anabolism is your goal, this is pretty much exactly what I would recommend for those not using exogenous insulin. I would simply wait 15-20 minutes post-injection before consuming your meal just to ensure the GH has time to bind with the GHRs (conservative time estimates here).
@ChestRockwell do you still stand by this statement? I have been doing my gh early in the morning, a few hours before I wake up and eat.
I'm on a pretty solid cycle of AAS right now with gh no insulin. Do you feel I would have more muscle growth taking the gh pre workout, post workout, or early am? My concern is still being so close to carbs.

Currently I'm consuming 70 carbs 45mins pre, approximately 75g intra, and approximately 125g 30min post. I also workout in the late evening

do you still stand by this statement?

Just a quick disclaimer, GH administration by itself will not result in hypertrophy so this post is working off the assumption that the individual is using AAS, GH, and no exogenous insulin.

And remember that specific GH signaling pathways require endogenous (or exogenous) insulin activation to restore sensitivity.

For early AM schedules (I do this as well myself), consume a light breakfast including both protein and carbohydrate sources. Insulin secretion occurs pretty quickly following a meal but, to play it safe, inject your GH 15-45 minutes following the meal (depending on your time schedule).

Depending on your daily dosing "budget", there are many ways to structure this and none are inherently wrong...however, small peri-workout doses tend to work really well. Even as small as 1IU pre/post. Just remember though, if you split those doses to ensure you have an insulin stimulus between doses.

Evom1

And remember that specific GH signaling pathways require endogenous (or exogenous) insulin activation to restore sensitivity.
I hate to sound stupid, but if you could explain this in a little more simplified manner I would appreciate it.

Depending on your daily dosing "budget", there are many ways to structure this and none are inherently wrong...however, small peri-workout doses tend to work really well. Even as small as 1IU pre/post. Just remember though, if you split those doses to ensure you have an insulin stimulus between doses.
Given that I consume carbs pre intra and post, This would work well? Could you explain the reasoning that it would be good to take the gh when there are carbs /natural insulin active in my body as I was always told to keep gh away from carbs if I wasn't using insulin

I hate to sound stupid, but if you could explain this in a little more simplified manner I would appreciate it.

Sure, no problem. Signaling pathways can be thought of like cellular "circuits" and hormones can either activate them or inactivate them. They are intricate circuits that have receptor level interactions and downstream interactions that ultimately lead to cellular level DNA transcription.

Think of GH's anabolic pathways as being a highway. And each time you utilize the highway, you create potholes and take chunks out of the road making subsequent trips harder to take at full speed. Now, think of insulin as the construction workers who come in and repave the highway, ensuring it is smooth and ready for full speed transit.

Of course, you can take this highway with the potholes, but you'll not be going at full speed.

...as I was always told to keep gh away from carbs if I wasn't using insulin

I think that folks who continue to spread that type of information really don't understand the physiology of growth hormone and may even just be repeating what they have heard others say. If told to do this, challenge the person to explain why they are making this recommendation...

Of course, if you are wanting to obtain the full lipolytic effects of GH, that is a different story.

Evom1

Thank you @ChestRockwell I hate to ask so many questions but seeing as you have a true knowledge of this topic, I really want to learn as much as I can. I think alot of success in bodybuilding comes from a willingness to constantly learn and explore new ideas.

One final question if you don't mind....if I were to do one single shot of gh per day, let's say between 3-5iu, what would be the optimal time? From what you've said, it would be 15mins prior to my pre workout meal?

Again, the goal is muscle growth, the subject is currently on cycle of AAS aimed for this goal as well
45min pre workout meal 70g carbs
Intra workout 75g carbs
30min Post workout apx 125g carbs

One final question if you don't mind....if I were to do one single shot of gh per day, let's say between 3-5iu, what would be the optimal time? From what you've said, it would be 15mins prior to my pre workout meal?

No worries at all, we're all here to help each other learn.

I do not advocate large bolus doses of GH at this time. Doing so tends to elevate endocrine levels of IGF-1 and there is reason to believe that chronically elevated levels of endocrine IGF-1 act as a negative regulator of autocrine IGF-1 levels (which are what we largely are after to promote hypertrophy).

Evom1

No worries at all, we're all here to help each other learn.

I do not advocate large bolus doses of GH at this time. Doing so tends to elevate endocrine levels of IGF-1 and there is reason to believe that chronically elevated levels of endocrine IGF-1 act as a negative regulator of autocrine IGF-1 levels (which are what we largely are after to promote hypertrophy).
OK, so with that being said would you then suggest
1.5iu 15min prior to pre workout meal
1.5iu 15min prior to post workout meal?

Or an entirely different protocol

@Evom1 I think that can be a very effective protocol, indeed.

My only suggestion might be to wait 30 minutes to eat, because 15 minutes is cutting it close as far as how long it takes for GH to fully activate anabolic pathways.

Evom1

@Evom1 I think that can be a very effective protocol, indeed.

My only suggestion might be to wait 30 minutes to eat, because 15 minutes is cutting it close as far as how long it takes for GH to fully activate anabolic pathways.
Thank you.
So I will do as follows

1.5iu gh
30mins later consume pre workout meal.
Finish intra workout shake
15 mins later 1.5iu gh
30mins later 1.5iu gh

Thank you very much for your help. I also wanted to lay it out clearly like that for those doing research later on

Marcus

Crazy to me how opposite meal timing is with different protocols. Thanks for all the info here chest

Evom1

Crazy to me how opposite meal timing is with different protocols. Thanks for all the info here chest
Tell me about it. Ask 5 people, all of which may be knowledgeable in gh, and chances are they have different protocols. But I love learning

1.5iu gh
30mins later consume pre workout meal.
Finish intra workout shake
15 mins later 1.5iu gh
30mins later 1.5iu gh

I think you may have an extra GH injection listed here?

There is no need to do those two separate GH injections post-workout.

Dr JIM

It's recently been recommended to me by a friend to take my hgh immediately post workout, followed by my post workout carbs and protein 45 mins later

I'd just like others input if this is a good idea. Considering I drink an intra workout carb/eaa blend, and then my post workout carbs would be 45mins post hgh injection.

He's done it for a while and loves it. But part of me thinks it would be best just to take it early morning

More micromanagement that amounts to ZIPPO.

I don't know why some insist such "refined" measures are more beneficial when there's irrefutable evidence protein metabolic processes proceed at a snails pace over time.

Marcus

More micromanagement that amounts to ZIPPO.

I don't know why some insist such "refined" measures are more beneficial when there's irrefutable evidence protein metabolic processes proceed at a snails pace over time.
Was thinking similarly... the ultimate aesthetic goal seems like it would be changed VERY little based on dosing protocols. Unless you're at the super elite level maybe?

I'm definitely not, so I doubt it would affect overall goal much... just for me. Not speaking for anyone else

Dr JIM

Was thinking similarly... the ultimate aesthetic goal seems like it would be changed VERY little based on dosing protocols. Unless you're at the super elite level maybe?

I'm definitely not, so I doubt it would affect overall goal much... just for me. Not speaking for anyone else

Actually there may be some variances in IGF levels with different protocols but I've seen
so many Meso noobs get caught up in the GH dosing frenzy and completely overlook that which does matter;

DIET and EXERCISE !

Marcus

Actually there may be some variances in IGF levels with different protocols but I've seen
so many Meso noobs get caught up in the GH dosing frenzy and completely overlook that which does matter;

DIET and EXERCISE !
I see what you're saying. Ya, I'm finding out first hand about the difference in IGF levels based on protocol, but on the fence whether these different protocols will affect me alone directly.

I'm at about 18-20% BF so I have my doubts about whether I will be able to see a difference. We'll see with time I guess :)

Dr JIM

These are not mutually exclusive. Your heart is in the right place, however your message tends to be often on one extreme side of the pendulum.

Of course they are not mutually exclusive but your overlooking the fact that's exactly what many on Meso are doing, using PEDS in lieu of either diet and/or exercise.

And if you don't know that's a fact your blind!

MOST of the noobs on this forum haven't the fund of knowledge to use
PEDS "like the pros" they quote all to often. But that's ok you'll pander to their desires of being wanted and having "membership" on a PED forum anyway right.

Fella you have NO F...ing idea WHO these kids are!

Last edited:
But that's ok you'll pander to their desires of being wanted and having membership on a PED forum anyway right.

I would ask you to consider making less directed comments that could be seen as aggressive. It would be much appreciated...

It is impossible to keep track of each and everyone's individual experience levels when communicating with members on a board with thousands of active members so some level of self-regulation is going to be expected.

Sponsors

Latest posts