Investing in Ethereum (ETH)

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by PaidMyDues, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Jak3d

Jak3d Member

We're not too late for the party. People that get in now are still early adopters. I'd go as far as to say we're even pre early adopters. This hasn't even gone mainstream yet.

2. Trapmonster

Trapmonster Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

subd, ive been looking to invest my self

3. Morefyah

Morefyah Member

I didn't mean it's too late too still make some money. I meant it was to late to get in on a baller opportunity like @Ickyrica once had when bc was only $4 a coin. There definitely is still time to come up, just not on that scale and obviously now it comes with risk.

4. Sk8man101

Sk8man101 Member

No way that guy would be lookin at closer to a million dallors if he bought 5k in feb.

5. PaulHeyman

PaulHeyman Member

More than doubled my total investment in about a months time with ETH

6. pumpingiron22

pumpingiron22 Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

It's all technically like the stock market invest trade hold sell. Main thing is always keep a offline or cold Wallet for savings

3rd partys like coinbase can close you down at will or more likely to be hack[​IMG]ed
    If you don't have the keys to your wallet technically you don't own it.

Attached Files:

7. Evom1

Evom1 Member

@pumpingiron22 unfortunately what you just said kind of went over my head. Do you have something I can read to educate myself on this?

8. PaulHeyman

PaulHeyman Member

@pumpingiron22 any experience with myetherwallet? What Waller do you recommend?

Also, have you heard of AntShares (ANS) at all? Supposedly it has the same potential as Etherium but is China based. There is a big conference at 2Am Easterm Thursday, 2Pm china time

pumpingiron22 likes this.
  9. Burrr

Burrr Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

any crypto base business ventures you guys are watching? I put a couple of hundred bucks into Dcorp, just as a little gamble.
    Crowdsale

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    pumpingiron22 likes this.
  10. pumpingiron22

I have my eye on z cash

11. pumpingiron22

So do any of you guys Mine at all?

12. Burrr

always figured you need a bank of big data crunching pc's to be a miner

13. Burrr

thoughts on metamask, the google app for ethereum?

14. pumpingiron22

Yeah I DL currently tinkering with it have not had much time. Lucky I have a friend that guides me on investment and keeps his ear to the ground.

15. ThE SiCkNeSs

ThE SiCkNeSs Member

You guys been watching ethereum today? Went from $350 to $140 in minutes. Coindesk reports it dropped to as low as $13. I felt sick to my stomach for about 5 minutes. It's recovering now. Fuck. What a fucking rollercoaster. Crypto is so fucking volatile.

Millard Baker and Trapmonster like this.
  16. PaulHeyman

PaulHeyman Member

Coinbase is saying it bottomed out at $256 earlier. It's been very volatile and bearish this whole week so far. I wonder if it has anything to do with stratus, CFI, ANS?
    I got in at $164 on ETH, sadly I waited about two weeks. What'd you buy in at initially?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  17. ThE SiCkNeSs

ThE SiCkNeSs Member

Coinbase crashed and blocked people from selling their etherium today. Last time I checked it was frozen at $301.97 on their website as it's been for the last 2 hours. I got in at $190 initially

PaulHeyman likes this.
  18. PaulHeyman

PaulHeyman Member

It seems like whenever there is a sizable drop coinbase conveniently "crashes". But whenever my computer says that the app still works completely fine for me

ThE SiCkNeSs likes this.
  19. Morefyah

Morefyah Member

It's been crazy week for Ethereum, lol of course when I decide to drop a $1000 on it.:confused:
    It went up to $1080 a few days ago, then dropped to $810 yesterday. Now it's sitting at around $930. Wtf, shit is kinda nerve racking.
    I thought about selling when it dropped, but decided to ride it out.
    Patience...

20. pumpingiron22

Word on the Ground exodus will be adding DCR. I was told to stock up! Just FYI