Investing in Ethereum (ETH)

Triton_

Even a single 1060 should net you around 20-25Mh/s. Might be worth doing for a small and passive income?

My rig is designed for 6 Founder's Edition 1070 GTX cards. Due to PSU shortages, I currently have it running with only 4 of the 6 cards. After some tweaks, I'm averaging around 120-130Mh/s which should net roughly 1.5-1.7 ETH coins per month.

That's pretty sweet, how much did the rig cost you in total tho?

That's pretty sweet, how much did the rig cost you in total tho?

Roughly $2500-$2700.

There are two ways to look at it though. I got in on ETH when it was around $40 so I have made far more than this amount in my portfolio, with the caveat these are unrealized profits until cashed out of course.

So, I just look at it as taking "profits" and reinvesting into the technology. And even if ETH gets too computationally complex to mine efficiently, there are always others (e.g. ZEC, SIA, etc)...

PaulHeyman

Gdax said this....

More specifically, GDAX will create a new process to credit customer accounts affected by this flash crash earlier in the week. All affected customers will be able to restore the value of their ETH/USD account to the equivalent value of their balance at the moment prior to the crash.

In response the the losses... From flash crash

I saw they plan to reimburse people. Probably to get some good PR and right the ship a bit after the crash actually garnered some MSM attention. I personally am against their decision, because many people that lost their ETH at that low a price was a result of margin trading. Cryptos as a whole are FAR to volatile to margin trade with. That's like playing with a lighter while filling up your gas tank imo

pumpingiron22

AnabolicLab.com Supporter
Neither, GPU power (specifically GPU memory).
I tried mining at one time. But was a little late to the party. I was thinking of buying a whole bunch of ant 7. Since 3 ant 7 Should equal to a ant 9. Looking at the mining calc. I should be able to get close to the same hash rate for about half the price. Any suggestions are welcome

Any suggestions are welcome

Due to hardware shortages, it is really going to come down to market availability. Most all of the AMD cards are nearly impossible to find, one of the reasons I went with the Nvidia ones in mine.

However, the 1070 FE cards are arguably superior to mining both ZEC and ETH as compared to their AMD counterparts. And you can still find them in a few places...

Triton_

Due to hardware shortages, it is really going to come down to market availability. Most all of the AMD cards are nearly impossible to find, one of the reasons I went with the Nvidia ones in mine.

However, the 1070 FE cards are arguably superior to mining both ZEC and ETH as compared to their AMD counterparts. And you can still find them in a few places...

I got my 1060 from walmart... lol, only place I could find it at a reasonable price

Other dubious actions and potential censorship by MyCrypto:

MyEtherWallet “Rebrand” a Hoax: Taylor Censoring Reddit as Damage Control?

Follow the trail of commentary on Reddit and you’ll find a disturbing amount of downvoting and possible censorship, making it hard to discern the true story. Taylor is one of the moderators for the r/Ethereum subreddit. It seems she and perhaps others are erasing posts that tell other sides of the story.

MyCrypto also owns and maintains the site etherscamdb.info which announced, “We recommend using MyCrypto.com moving forward for any interactions with the Ethereum blockchain. We no longer recommend MEW. Thank you!” following the social media takeover​