Just finished 6 wks HST - feel strong ! ~OGH

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by Oregongearhead, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Thanks OS and hotdog for keeping the HST thread going , my training has been sporadic lately at times because of my misfortune , and you got to dedicate yourself to really do the HST justice . Still resting the Tennis/Golfers elbow slightly but doing mid heavy DB rows and light con curls . The bad MFL prop left my quads weak , but my squat is now back to what it was so glad there .

I have noticed since I stopped HST I have lost some strength and endurance and cant get what I was getting repwise . I felt stronger on HST . Gonna have to get that back . Soon . ~Ogh

Trooper Gains and pumpingiron22 like this.
  2. Oregonstrong

Oregonstrong Member

No probem OGH, we will keep this thread alive for you until you can get back into the HST routine! Glad to hear you are getting better brother!

Oregongearhead likes this.
  3. UPDATE: Since I took a lay-off (I hate the word QUIT) from HST I have been rehabbing and working out just twice a week , fullbody workouts but the legs/chest/delts/tri"s are worked in the morning and back/biceps 6-8 hours later when Im refreshed again . This was suggested by a sports medicine BB friend who's helping me tackle this elbow problem . He thought 3 workouts a week might be hurting my injuries and they needed longer rebuild times and more rest.

Its really different workouts in the morning then later on a smaller one . You sure have more energy for the bk/bi's compaired to all at once workouts ......still planning on HST again next month . ~Ogh

4. Oregonstrong

Oregonstrong Member

Sounds like a good routine for now OGH. Thanks for the update brother.

5. keep it up ogh!

6. FuriousWO

FuriousWO Member

Hmm HST... I need to check this out. I've seen some other sites talk about it. I'm looking to make a big change in my workout. This could be it.

Do we have a HST for dumbasses thread?

7. Oregonstrong

Oregonstrong Member

Nope, but we should! I am still learning as well but love it so far. Start one up Furious! Maybe we could get some info from Millard, he has been using the program for a while and looks great! For more HST info check out thinkmuscle.com.

Millard Baker and FuriousWO like this.
  8. MASStadon

MASStadon Member

Thanks OGH for the breakdown this is my 3rd HST thread and I finally get the jest. lol Downloaded the ebook so I will read over that too.

9. It looks like its been a year since I did the HST routine here, it was tough . And Im ready to do it again one year later ....~Ogh 3/29/15

10. hotdog23

hotdog23 Member

I think it's great off cycle

11. Alrighty , got my first HST workout in since last year. Going with 12 reps/8 reps/4 reps/10 reps each for 2 weeks for a total of 8 weeks then total rest for 2 weeks .

Once again its 3 workouts a week / fullbody
    I did : (65% max of 1RM)

Workout #1 (12 rep week) (3/29/15)

Sqts 2x12 (250lbs)
    Deads 2x12 (250lbs)

Cable rows 2x12 (125lbs)
    Lat pulldowns 2x12 (125lbs)

Incline bench 2x12 (210lbs)
    Bar-Dips 2x12 (bodyweight /193lbs )

Dumbbell presses 2x12 (70lb"ers)
    Dumbbell curls 2x12 (50lb"ers)

Trooper Gains and Oregonstrong like this.
  12. Ive been off-cycle for 3 months now .
    Might bring something in later but not now ....

13. Oregonstrong

Oregonstrong Member

Thee months OGH? I think it's time to hop back on brother:) Will be following your log, keep it up brother!