• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Loading 3mls into a 3ml syringe

inkandmuscle

Anybody else find that its a bitch to load a syringe full? I draw with a 23(shouldve got 18s or 20s) and when I drag the plunger down to get the oil moving I have that vaccuum effect and creates a bunch a small air pockets in the oil entering the syringe. This isn't a big deal until I start getting close to the 3ml mark, past that theres only about 1/4 inch of play before you risk accidently pulling the plunger out of the back of the syringe... Just figured I'd ask incase anyone had experienced this and discovered a smoother technique to loading before I say fuck it and just use 2 pins.

I use a 20 gauge to fill, makes it so easy, but I noticed that on one of my vials where I was drawing .5ml out of so I poked it roughly 20 times the rubber stopper started chunking off into a million pieces.

ive found that on my pins the needle always needs to be tightened. this is probably where the air is coming from. i can draw almost the entire syringe w/o air this way

Flick the damn syringe and push the bubbles and air back into vial. It was already in there!

Anybody else find that its a bitch to load a syringe full? I draw with a 23(shouldve got 18s or 20s) and when I drag the plunger down to get the oil moving I have that vaccuum effect and creates a bunch a small air pockets in the oil entering the syringe. This isn't a big deal until I start getting close to the 3ml mark, past that theres only about 1/4 inch of play before you risk accidently pulling the plunger out of the back of the syringe... Just figured I'd ask incase anyone had experienced this and discovered a smoother technique to loading before I say fuck it and just use 2 pins.
Get some 5ML syringes.

all syringes have this issue. I wouldn't go 18 gauge to draw. they tear up the stoppers too bad. I'm using 22 gauge 1.5" to draw and inject. they are easier to use than 23 gauge.

Maybe I'm overthinking this, or a little cranky, perhaps both. A) use one syringe to fill up the other, B) Who give a flying fuck about 1/20th of a mL one way or the other, unless you are using pharm gear that is precisely +/- 1/20 of you don't know how many mg's.
atodd

This is all getting complicated. Inka just said he was putting 3mls into a 3ml syringe. Sometimes you might accidentally pull out the plunger. So, get a little bigger syringe.... he wasn't talking about needle size. Or maybe I'm reading all this wrong, it is late you know.

I have a box of 5 ml's I'll send you,I don't like them.
I ordered 100 3 ml's and they sent 5's.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

This is all getting complicated. Inka just said he was putting 3mls into a 3ml syringe. Sometimes you might accidentally pull out the plunger. So, get a little bigger syringe.... he wasn't talking about needle size. Or maybe I'm reading all this wrong, it is late you know.

he was talking about air in the syringe. needle size helps with filling the syringe faster.

another thing inkandmuscle, when you get close and the air bubble is there. push the air bubble back up into the vile and finish drawing your gear. I would also get bigger syringes :D

I have a box of 5 ml's I'll send you,I don't like them.
I ordered 100 3 ml's and they sent 5's.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Thanks pittbox, I too prefer the 3ml. I've got a few of some 10s and 20s here somewhere that I had to use for drainage, thanks for the offer but I personally don't need anything bigger than a 3ml myself.

Haha yeah I don't like filling a 3ml up and not being able to pull the plunger back to check for blood. Problem with 5ml vs 3ml is analogous to bicycle pumps. Big barrels mean less pressure - a lot harder to squeeze something out of a 5ml if your oil is really thick.

Flick the bubbles until the become a big bubble put them back where they cam from. Also I fill mine up to two. If I need to put more I . Just switch to another one only thing that suck is you will have to pin again. But if you our doing 3mls is probably better to hit two spots anyways.

Never had an issue fillings my 3ml syringes with the 20 draw needles I use. I actually typically overfill them until the plunger stops pushing which comes out closer to 3.25ml or so.

I would always draw out what I can
then push that left over air at top and some oil
back into the vial, then pull back and I get it all way to top..

I don't care about bubbles. I never did, unless it was an air pocket..

I usually use a 28g pin for mostly everything now..
2 slin pins a week..
1 half full with Test Cyp, half with Deca 300
the other all with Deca 300... both pins in quad once a week..

My 25g pins.. 3ml get used maybe 2 times
my slin pins get used 3-4 times over..

It's hard to Pop the 25g in ass..
You gotta have a partner otherwise you gotta push
but 25g in shoulder.. which I never do because of any marks.. can be Popped in...
All my Slin Pins are Popped right into my quad, so dullness is never an issue

I always leave a little bit of air to help push all the gear through the needle. that way I don't get gear leaking out after I pull out the plunger. have been doing it for years without any issue.