Metal music in your headphone at the gym

I’m a little more into emo screamo music but here lately I’ve been listening to mostly the parkway drive station on Pandora.

My first dance song when I got married was an acoustic blink 182 song (first date). My 12 year old daughters favorite birthday gift this year was a pierce the vail shirt lol

IMG_9477.png

Anyone listen to a ton of metal in and out of the gym? I'm a metal fanatical but our society definitely doesn't accept the real aggressive heavy stuff. I'm talking Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Dismember, Mortician, etc. You definitely won't have a hottie checking you out at the gym wearing a Slayer shirt lol. No matter how jacked you are. There are exceptions of course.

In my opinion, nothing else gets my juices flowing than metal!
I love all those I would add Lamb of god, Rotting Christ, Lorna Shore, Decapitated, Gorepig. I also like some Slipnot, Pantera, The Hu, Rammstein. It gets me a lot of weird looks in the gym while I am getting hyped up for a lift.

View: https://youtu.be/0_nxIZn3f8Y?si=XHUJghK0OiSpssu5

I know Suffocation has been around since the 90's but I had no idea they were putting out insane death metal like this still up until recently. I listen to a lot of stuff on the more aggressive side of metal, and Suffocation's my new favorite band.

Suffocation is one of my favorite bands as well. Since you like them, check out Dying Fetus, very similar style...

View: https://youtu.be/5bjzpI7wPfw?si=CrOwi0um1bCJ1Bkx

Suffocation is one of my favorite bands as well. Since you like them, check out Dying Fetus, very similar style...
That's cool I found some video of them playing live at that same Brutal Assault concert and it was badass. That's crazy it's just 3 guys doing all that.

That's cool I found some video of them playing live at that same Brutal Assault concert and it was badass. That's crazy it's just 3 guys doing all that.
What's your favorite Suffo album? I would go with Effigy of the Forgotten for myself. The new album is absolutely brutal and great

Bro, I think I've hit every PR with Meshuggah turned wide fucking open in my pain cave at the house. I don't usually listen to music or podcasts in a public gym, but I'm going to have some hardcore shit playing at home. The Dreamthieves, Hatebreed, Black Flag, older Lamb of God, Pantera, Down, Crowbar, Tool, and the list goes on. Just any good ass metal or hardcore music is my shit. It just adds to the aggression and intensity. Meshuggah is the ultimate musical performance enhancer though.

Anyone listen to a ton of metal in and out of the gym? I'm a metal fanatical but our society definitely doesn't accept the real aggressive heavy stuff. I'm talking Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Dismember, Mortician, etc. You definitely won't have a hottie checking you out at the gym wearing a Slayer shirt lol. No matter how jacked you are. There are exceptions of course.

What does chicks have to do with you listening to metal ? If they don’t like metal fuck em who cares lol, should have zero impact on your life. But yeah “Thy Art Is Murder” is where it’s at.

What's your favorite Suffo album? I would go with Effigy of the Forgotten for myself. The new album is absolutely brutal and great
Idk yet, I'm just rediscovering them the past few months. Hadn't listened to them since the 90's. It's all good so far to me.

Check out Pyrexia's Sermon of Mockery album too when you get a chance, that was another one of my favorite death metal bands from back then.

Idk yet, I'm just rediscovering them the past few months. Hadn't listened to them since the 90's. It's all good so far to me.

Check out Pyrexia's Sermon of Mockery album too when you get a chance, that was another one of my favorite death metal bands from back then.
That's a great Pyrexia album. Really the only one I like by them. Deeds of Flesh is another great band in that Suffo and Pyrexia vein. They have quite a few good albums

View: https://youtu.be/bxsExyhPTCY?si=VEG_yu40X0zzjmOZ

I’m way more of a hip hop fan but while lifting it’s nearly always metal, mostly hardcore (Hatebreed for example is my PR music recently, especially the supremacy album) or industrial like Rammstein/NIN/Ministry but tbh I listen to pretty much anything, hit a pr the other day while listening to the eagles of death metal n today one with a fkin old ass song by some 80s artist I don’t remember the name of).

But yeah being a musician myself I listen to literally everything depends mostly on context, if I’m sampling I love me some OSTs or soundtracks especially Tarantino movie soundtracks are fkin top notch!

I listen to a lot of metal working out.
Here’s a few:
Alien Weaponry- Kia Tangata
Alien Weaponry- Ru Ana Te Whenua
Emmure- Persona Non Grata
Adan Stoner- Violence
Lorna Shore- Pain Remains
Late 9- Repeated Apology
Architects- Seeing Red

Little mixture. First two aren’t English the first four are softish and the last three are hard. Lorna Shore is the hardest for sure
I do more powerlifting and the metal helps me dig deep and pull out some rage for my lift and then I’m calm.
I’m in my late 40’s and have listened to metal since I was kid. My brother is in a metal band. I prefer women that like metal too. The crazy ones lol.
this just got me excited - new tunes for me to consider. You are clearly a man who knows metal, having isolated the two Alien Weaponry songs I have on my playlist, so I am confident about the others.

Here is a couple for you to consider in return:

Black Peaks - Glass Built Castles
Gojira - l'enfant sauvage

Back