Metal music in your headphone at the gym

Anyone listen to a ton of metal in and out of the gym? I'm a metal fanatical but our society definitely doesn't accept the real aggressive heavy stuff. I'm talking Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Dismember, Mortician, etc. You definitely won't have a hottie checking you out at the gym wearing a Slayer shirt lol. No matter how jacked you are. There are exceptions of course.

In my opinion, nothing else gets my juices flowing than metal!
I like just about any type of music. Always say I like good music, not a particular style. That said, I have been leaning more toward metal probably over the last 5-10 years. Now it's about 75% of what I listen to on a monthly basis.

Yeh I do like some of the Light The Torch stuff, he just worked so well alongside Adam on the guitar most of the stuff was simply awesome. Have there been any new Metalcore style bands in the past 5 years that maybe I haven't come across?
Memphis May Fire
Beartooth
Bad Omens
Wage War
Miss May I

Top 5 right now, not specifically metalcore:
Malevolence - found them last year. Love this group!
Knocked Loose - hardcore/punk, dark imagery
Lorna Shore - took a couple listens to get into it, now I'm hooked (Pain Remains album)
Bad Omens - heard for the first time last year. Latest album is an interesting shift from prior ones.
Bring Me the Horizon - not a new band at all but new to me, and I like when bands find new sounds. Very different from first to latest album.

Paleface Swiss - great for the gym

Playlists: I update the second one, usually play on shuffle as you'll notice a lot of the same artist or most of an album in a row.

View: https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/metal-massacre/pl.u-76oN866tVErbP

View: https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/metal-massacre-ii/pl.u-V9D7JgGi74ZLa

Last edited:
this just got me excited - new tunes for me to consider. You are clearly a man who knows metal, having isolated the two Alien Weaponry songs I have on my playlist, so I am confident about the others.

Here is a couple for you to consider in return:

Black Peaks - Glass Built Castles
Gojira - l'enfant sauvage
Hell yeah thanks I added them both to my music, I really like Gojira - l'enfant sauvage, it hits and has a nice sound as well, I like it a lot! Thanks

Everone has different taste in metal and these may not be your cup of tea but here’s a couple more I’ve recently added to my lifting music

Del Av & Andy Cizek - Remember Me
Deadlands - Deadweight

I like just about any type of music. Always say I like good music, not a particular style. That said, I have been leaning more toward metal probably over the last 5-10 years. Now it's about 75% of what I listen to on a monthly basis.

Memphis May Fire
Beartooth
Bad Omens
Wage War
Miss May I

Top 5 right now, not specifically metalcore:
Malevolence - found them last year. Love this group!
Knocked Loose - hardcore/punk, dark imagery
Lorna Shore - took a couple listens to get into it, now I'm hooked (Pain Remains album)
Bad Omens - heard for the first time last year. Latest album is an interesting shift from prior ones.
Bring Me the Horizon - not a new band at all but new to me, and I like when bands find new sounds. Very different from first to latest album.

Paleface Swiss - great for the gym

Playlists: I update the second one, usually play on shuffle as you'll notice a lot of the same artist or most of an album in a row.
Code:
https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/metal-massacre/pl.u-76oN866tVErbP
https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/metal-massacre-ii/pl.u-V9D7JgGi74ZLa
Hell yeah I like all those
Yeah Lorna Shore-Psin Remains hits. I like how he goes calm for a second and then absolutely slams

Hell yeah I like all those
Yeah Lorna Shore-Psin Remains hits. I like how he goes calm for a second and then absolutely slams
man I am so pumped about this feedback - thank you for reporting back. I will do the same once i have listened to your tracks. i am CONSTANTLY in seach of new pump up material. I have put together the greatest pump up metal playlist that has ever been created and it has taken years to compose. I hope I can add to it from this thread.

Glass Built Castles is my "most played" song and I do not believe a better heavy metal pump up track has been created. Ever.

A previous contributor flagged Beartooth. Very well said. They have several songs in my lisr - Aggressive, Hated, Disease - all tier 1, but I am sure you already know these guys.

some ESSENTIAL GYM METAL BANGERS

- Turnstile - Mystery
- Machine Head - Game Over
- Polaris (AUSTRALIAN METAL REPRESENT) - Remedy
- Static X - Love Dump
- New Infinite - Windwaker
- Gojira - The Art of Dying
- Mudvayne - Have it Your Way

That's a great Pyrexia album. Really the only one I like by them. Deeds of Flesh is another great band in that Suffo and Pyrexia vein. They have quite a few good albums

View: https://youtu.be/bxsExyhPTCY?si=VEG_yu40X0zzjmOZ

Omg wow dude Deeds of Flesh is badass not sure I've met someone who's death metal tastes align so well with mine before lol. That shit makes my head spin when I listen to it. I used to play guitar in a death metal band when I was young so I respect the fuck out of how hard some of that stuff is to play too, the drumming too.

Ever listened to Soilent Green? I kinda grew up with those guys, and it's another favorite of mine. We won't see anything new from them again, but Ben sings for Goatwhore now, and Brian just went on tour with Eyehategod again recently.

Omg wow dude Deeds of Flesh is badass not sure I've met someone who's death metal tastes align so well with mine before lol. That shit makes my head spin when I listen to it. I used to play guitar in a death metal band when I was young so I respect the fuck out of how hard some of that stuff is to play too, the drumming too.

Ever listened to Soilent Green? I kinda grew up with those guys, and it's another favorite of mine. We won't see anything new from them again, but Ben sings for Goatwhore now, and Brian just went on tour with Eyehategod again recently.
I checked out Solient Green. The album art is not my cup of tea but the music is pretty decent. I just grew up with old school death metal and the album art was an important part of the overall package. Like the old Cannibal Corpse albums, the first 4 Deicide albums, every Suffocation album. All have great album art that calls you in

Goatwhore is great though!

Anyone listen to a ton of metal in and out of the gym? I'm a metal fanatical but our society definitely doesn't accept the real aggressive heavy stuff. I'm talking Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Dismember, Mortician, etc. You definitely won't have a hottie checking you out at the gym wearing a Slayer shirt lol. No matter how jacked you are. There are exceptions of course.

In my opinion, nothing else gets my juices flowing than metal!
All I gotta say is yes and thank you for dropping the bands you did instead of the usual mass-manufactured nonsense. You have pointed out some real, actual talent and at the risk of opening up a hair too close to home, my job is very close to this very "realm".

Out of curiosity, is the username a reference to a specific old school British DM band some of us may know of? For as far back as you're touching on, even if we eliminate Slayer from contention (with much due respect), I would assume yes.

Regardless; jam on and let them be afraid, especially if that's the primary emotion a music genre, that of which we speak and any other, has extracted from and put on display from such people.

All I gotta say is yes and thank you for dropping the bands you did instead of the usual mass-manufactured nonsense. You have pointed out some real, actual talent and at the risk of opening up a hair too close to home, my job is very close to this very "realm".

Out of curiosity, is the username a reference to a specific old school British DM band some of us may know of? For as far back as you're touching on, even if we eliminate Slayer from contention (with much due respect), I would assume yes.

Regardless; jam on and let them be afraid, especially if that's the primary emotion a music genre, that of which we speak and any other, has extracted from and put on display from such people.
Malevolent Creation. Old school Florida death metal band. Great comment comment by the way

View: https://youtu.be/9Z32Qn-SF2Y?si=9T2wWMIvVgtIwKgA

Malevolent Creation. Old school Florida death metal band. Great comment comment by the way

View: https://youtu.be/9Z32Qn-SF2Y?si=9T2wWMIvVgtIwKgA

Ah yes I had a brain dead moment, as I sadly confused Malevolent Creation with Benediction for some odd reason...ah well, either way; in metal I trust and forever shall it be.

On that note, I recently procured a new lefty 7 and a nice used lefty 8 string so I plan on shutting down the rest of my night with some good shredding!

Ah yes I had a brain dead moment, as I sadly confused Malevolent Creation with Benediction for some odd reason...ah well, either way; in metal I trust and forever shall it be.

On that note, I recently procured a new lefty 7 and a nice used lefty 8 string so I plan on shutting down the rest of my night with some good shredding!
If there's one type of music that sounds like what testosterone would sound like, it's metal. Especially thrash and death metal. Which it's baffling to me why more men aren't into it. For one reason anyway

I completely agree and I couldn't have put it better myself. This is my new favorite thread, as I get free time I'll start posting some tunes.

I'll go ahead and say that I am active in a few different metal projects; from Death to Doom, some Black and even a bit of Folk Metal, mixes and fusions of course. All either as a composer, composer and player, even just producing, basic recording of others or that along with all other hats. I may sprinkle in some of what I am a part of, maybe under anonymous/random band names.

I checked out Solient Green. The album art is not my cup of tea but the music is pretty decent. I just grew up with old school death metal and the album art was an important part of the overall package. Like the old Cannibal Corpse albums, the first 4 Deicide albums, every Suffocation album. All have great album art that calls you in

Goatwhore is great though!
All great here too, in my opinion. I will say that Corpse, for me, is one of those bands that ended up getting better, even after they removed Chris Barnes...but almost like a different band if you know what I mean. Eaten...and up to The Bleeding are great, classics, to me and forever will be. More recently I feel they started to become stagnant until Erik Rutan officially joined. I feel he was a much needed 'shot in the arm'.

I'll be seeing them along with Obituary, Amon Amarth and a great newer Old School influenced band called Frozen Soul this spring. Gonna be phenomenal.

Can't say enough great things regarding Suffocation, even with the big recent changes in band members there.

So Deicide - after the Hoffman brothers left, have been hit and miss in my view. Since that time, their greatest gem has to be The Stench of Redemption from around '06. Jack Owen after his long stint as an original Cannibal Corpse member and one of my favorite workhorse journeymen ever, Ralph Santolla (RIP). Glen is Glen and I'll say Steve, aside from being a fantastic composer and drummer, is a helluva cool fella.

Oh man, I could talk metal all day! Music indeed, but especially metal.

Been on a bit of a "Until I wake" kick lately. Just discovered this band the other day, and have added atleast 10+ songs to my playlist since then. Not sure if you would classify it as metal, or some variation of rock/screamo, but nothing gets the adrenaline juices flowing better than a good song and some heavy weight.

I just blast some screamo/rock music and hit the weights hard until i've completed tapped every last bit of adrenaline from my system. Best feeling in the world

All great here too, in my opinion. I will say that Corpse, for me, is one of those bands that ended up getting better, even after they removed Chris Barnes...but almost like a different band if you know what I mean. Eaten...and up to The Bleeding are great, classics, to me and forever will be. More recently I feel they started to become stagnant until Erik Rutan officially joined. I feel he was a much needed 'shot in the arm'.

I'll be seeing them along with Obituary, Amon Amarth and a great newer Old School influenced band called Frozen Soul this spring. Gonna be phenomenal.

Can't say enough great things regarding Suffocation, even with the big recent changes in band members there.

So Deicide - after the Hoffman brothers left, have been hit and miss in my view. Since that time, their greatest gem has to be The Stench of Redemption from around '06. Jack Owen after his long stint as an original Cannibal Corpse member and one of my favorite workhorse journeymen ever, Ralph Santolla (RIP). Glen is Glen and I'll say Steve, aside from being a fantastic composer and drummer, is a helluva cool fella.

Oh man, I could talk metal all day! Music indeed, but especially metal.
I'm a huge Rutan fan. Love his band Hate Eternal as well. My favorite guitarist in death metal is Rutan and my favorite thrash metal guitarist is Gary Holt

Love all kinds of metal, especially some thrash. For newer stuff, I heard this song on liquid metal a few months ago and has been on repeat ever since. Got an old thrash feel to it. Always blast it on deadlift day for my first working set, gets me pumped !

View: https://youtu.be/CZg9e_imlUs?si=pgdGd0kgOJmbrHcf

I thoroughly enjoyed that tune. Great stuff

I think this band may be up your alley. I'm a huge fan of all 3 of their albums

View: https://youtu.be/Pkre9jDmHBM?si=YK-nd_7AS6vvOQcH

Back