Mk677 results post em guys!!!

mudbutt22

It would be pretty tough to stay in a defecit on mk677, at least for me. Shit made me absolutely ravenous. Like a painful hunger that I've never felt before

More importantly the negative feedback exerted by somatostatin will limit the efficacy of essentially any secretagogue.

So as a secretagogue increases GH secretion, it's followed by an increase somatostatin level which INHIBITS further GH elevation and prevents
one from reaching SUPRA-physiologic
GH levels!

Jim, it's believed that mk-677 works through multiple mechanisms and one of those mechanisms is possibly the suppression of somatostatin.

Also it's not a peptide, it's a spiropiperidine.

Dr JIM

Jim, it's believed that mk-677 works through multiple mechanisms and one of those mechanisms is possibly the suppression of somatostatin.

And I suppose you have evidence of such an effect in-vivo HUMANS in particular. NOPE and if such an effect does exist it is not clinically relevant for the reasons I already mentioned.

No doubt that's a great means of increasing sales, as there are many who will "believe" almost anything that sounds good excepting the fact the highest level reached with MK is within PHYSIOLOGIC range AND that's THE PROBLEM, for those wanting to use this class of agents for anabolism.

If you can post any human data to the contrary, it's an open forum fella

Last edited:

Dr JIM

Oh and not to split hairs but it IS a peptide bc it contains peptide linkages but is further classified, like many other drugs with amide linkages are, into a more specific category called SPIRO-PIPERIDINES

However it's polycyclic structure may explain why it's possible to administer MK via the oral route, but then again more data is needed IMO

Last edited:
And I suppose you have evidence of such an effect in-vivo HUMANS in particular. NOPE and if such an effect does exist it is not clinically relevant for the reasons I already mentioned.

No doubt that's a great means of increasing sales, as there are many who will "believe" almost anything that sounds good excepting the fact the highest level reached with MK is within PHYSIOLOGIC range AND that's THE PROBLEM, for those wanting to use this class of agents for anabolism.

If you can post any human data to the contrary, it's an open forum fella

No I read that somewhere I can't remember if it was hypothesized by study authors or some forum douchebag. Probably the latter in which case it's broscience at best.

I can say this though Jim, my blood work for igf-1 cameback at above top end of reference range (age adjusted). Now that igf-1 lvl is probably still in a physiological human range, but for my age it was supra physiological.

I didn't know peptide linkers would classify something as a peptide? The structure, in 2d, does not resemble any structure I've ever seen classified as a peptide, and I also assumed it was this non-peptidic structure that was why it was so effective orally. Although even GHRP-6 is orally active but at prohibitively expensive doses due to inferior absorption. Peptides are rarely effective at cost effective doses when taken orally, but intranasally they are notably more effective, but still not close to injected routes.

Jim do some reading on "Anamorelin" you will find it interesting. It's another orally active secretagogue, only unlike mk-677 which was abandoned by its authors, Anamorelin has completed phase 3 trials and will soon be available as an RX. There's probably a lot more solid data available on Anamorelin than ibutamoren.

Dr JIM

You know how long a takes a drug to make it thru the FDA SCREENING process before it's even considered as an agent to be reviewed by one of several FDA committees?

YEARS -------DECADES ------- NEVER

The completion of phase III trials is RARELY enough with one exception, medical need based analysis. An example, the "fast track" mechanism instituted by the FDA during the AIDS epidemic ......... and that wont happen for a oral GH secretagogue I promise.
lol!

Out of frustration some manufactures acquire FDA approval for their "drug" as a supplement which is MUCH less; time consuming, cumbersome, tedious, and expensive
to say the least. The problem is once phase III trials reveal proof of efficacy the FDA may issue a restraining decree of sorts and demand the producers submit MORE data on safety, quality, reliability etc.

It's a quandary, if not a sham, no doubt!

Thx for the info nonetheless
jim

Last edited:

Michael Scally MD

Doctor of Medicine
Jim do some reading on "Anamorelin" you will find it interesting. It's another orally active secretagogue, only unlike mk-677 which was abandoned by its authors, Anamorelin has completed phase 3 trials and will soon be available as an RX. There's probably a lot more solid data available on Anamorelin than ibutamoren.

Anamorelin will never see the light of day as a Rx in the US and almost as unlikely elsewhere [EMA]. Anamorelin

Quizzit

It would be pretty tough to stay in a defecit on mk677, at least for me. Shit made me absolutely ravenous. Like a painful hunger that I've never felt before
I concur. I had the same resulting hunger. It definitely works. I soon had the HGH side affects of sore joints and carpal tunnel which I had previously gotten on 4iu of HGH before. I'm 52 and very lean and muscular and most peptides don't work for someone my age. I tried MK-677 because it supposedly works for older people and it certainly does. It kept the fat off even though the hunger had me eating more. However, after about 2-3 weeks those results stopped and I started gaining the weight. The hunger just had me eating more calories than the HGH could keep from turning to fat.

fodsod

Control your diet and use some mild diuretics to remove the excess water if needed and the water retention will be mild. I stack it on top of GH for the hell of it. I can tell you it makes the sides worse though. I'm a glutton for punishment though. :)

Control your diet and use some mild diuretics to remove the excess water if needed and the water retention will be mild. I stack it on top of GH for the hell of it. I can tell you it makes the sides worse though. I'm a glutton for punishment though. :)

I'm really after the mg number of salt content of this compounds, as my kidney condition has me monitor every bit of sodium I intake

G.I. Bro

Same... Crazy abdominal bloating, hunger that makes strict diet difficult. Easily over eat. It's a great compound for a gaining phase but I'd never run it cutting. I eat too much on it. I have no idea why I get so much abdominal/gut bloat on this shit. It makes me paranoid that mk677 promotes intestinal growth (loaded with IGF receptors) moreso than gh but I think that's faulty logic as the igf conversion is done later in the liver and would be systematic in the blood, not localized in intestines from oral route.

I'm still not convinced increased gh/IGF leads to GI organ growth to substantial enough degree to increase abdominal distention. Although slin and ASSOCIATED VAT deposition may be...

Same... Crazy abdominal bloating, hunger that makes strict diet difficult. Easily over eat. It's a great compound for a gaining phase but I'd never run it cutting. I eat too much on it. I have no idea why I get so much abdominal/gut bloat on this shit. It makes me paranoid that mk677 promotes intestinal growth (loaded with IGF receptors) moreso than gh but I think that's faulty logic as the igf conversion is done later in the liver and would be systematic in the blood, not localized in intestines from oral route.

I'm still not convinced increased gh/IGF leads to GI organ growth to substantial enough degree to increase abdominal distention. Although slin and ASSOCIATED VAT deposition may be...

Considering that ghrelin is the hunger hormone it makes sense you would be hungry all day long on Ibutamoren, as it is a ghrelin analog.
Also considering that Ibutamoren drives your body into secreting HG via the ghrelin, the negative feedback loop will come into play at some point to prevent supraphysiological GH / IGF-1 levels.
So you're far from having to worry about a GH gut on Ibutamoren.

Sponsors

Latest posts