• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Need to cut body fat % [Help]

It does take disipline. I am having a hell of a time dieting down this time. It used to be much easier. I know you guys are doing it, so I guess dig deep and find the will power. If it were easy everyone would do it.
I have found when i can't hang on no matter what, i need to up one of the macros a bit and it helps a tremendous amount.

I agree @Notits Run in the am first thing. Diet is key also. Low carb, 8 small meals a day.
Super low sugar. Like 8grams a day. Lots of water.

If You keep macros The same there is no difference between sugar and complex carbs in term of how the body composition will be.

8 small meals or 3 big meals doesn't change a thing in term of how the body composition will be.

For what I care you could do 1 meal a day. If you keep macro the same body composition will be the same.

If You keep macros The same there is no difference between sugar and complex carbs in term of how the body composition will be.

8 small meals or 3 big meals doesn't change a thing in term of how the body composition will be.

For what I care you could do 1 meal a day. If you keep macro the same body composition will be the same.

Say what Willis?

@Docd187123 isnt it true What i said above?

That's What i learned from
Person like @Docd187123 and other about how The body work and all The bullshit that goes around metal timing and bla bla bla.

I could be wrong. Let's wait The doc he knows far more then What i do.
Well that's great that you learned something from doc. Ive learned tons from him as well.
Ive also learned that 3 meals vs. 8 meals does infact make a difference in my body comp, same with sugars.

Awhile back I dropped around 10lbs on the scale, while maintaining my muscle, but it took everything I had. It took me like 2-3 months. I had to intermittent fast and restrict myself like crazy (I hated it). I still never ended up losing anything noticeable around my core though, as I store most of my fat around my core.

Most competitive bodybuilders will do a contest prep diet for around 12-20 weeks total. That is without getting above 10-16%BF before starting. So it will take time and dedication. 10lbs in 2-months is not bad. Aim for losing a pound a week and stick with it. Consistency, patience and perseverance is the key.

That's What i learned from
Person like @Docd187123 and other about how The body work and all The bullshit that goes around metal timing and bla bla bla.

I could be wrong. Let's wait The doc he knows far more then What i do.

I always drop fat, and gain with multiple meals 5+. If I eat once a day, even if it's clean, I feel like ass and don't really drop fat. Or at least it seems that way because I can't do that for more than a day or 2.

Everything I've ever read said that multiple small meals created a higher metabolism. Or aided in it. But maybe I'm wrong.

I agree with this to a point. 5 meals is best but depending on lifestyle but 3 meals is alright as well. Hard thing I find with 3 meals and macros is when you're eating 5000 cal a day its a ton of good, clean food to fit into 3 meals. If you're eating 2-300cal a day 3 meals is more plausible. All depends on what goals are, size and cal intake to determine if 3 or more meals suits you best

Well that's great that you learned something from doc. Ive learned tons from him as well.
Ive also learned that 3 meals vs. 8 meals does infact make a difference in my body comp, same with sugars.
I'm torn on this... I do believe, for example, eating all of your carbs as sugar first thing in the morning WILL effect your insulin sensitivity if you workout at call it 8pm that night... I just can't buy that timing DOESN'T make a difference...

Timing too.
Eating 2 cups of rice, spread out, mid morning and then lunch, with chicken of course, would have far less of an effect then eating both cups right before bed.

I'm torn on this... I do believe, for example, eating all of your carbs as sugar first thing in the morning WILL effect your insulin sensitivity if you workout at call it 8pm that night... I just can't buy that timing DOESN'T make a difference...
Exactly! for this reason alone!

The insulin sensitivity its IMHO a BROSCIENCE because in the morning you eat protein and fat so you do slow the insulin response because the glycemic peak is not that high as if you were to eat ONLY sugars.

I have eaten 6-7 times a day I'm eating now 4 times a day and see no difference unless I'm bulking and then I eat more meals just because I can't eat 1kg of chicken in two meal (lunch-dinner) so I spread it trough the day.

I like to eat all sugar/complex carbs At breakfast and post workout during a cut because I crave carbs especially after working out and in the morning.

Didn't see any difference between eating shit tons of fruits and yogurt compared to eating only complex carbs.

I usually split 50/50 when on low carb.

Could I be wrong? Sure...

The insulin sensitivity its IMHO a BROSCIENCE because in the morning you eat protein and fat so you do slow the insulin response because the glycemic peak is not that high as if you were to eat ONLY sugars.

I have eaten 6-7 times a day I'm eating now 4 times a day and see no difference unless I'm bulking and then I eat more meals just because I can't eat 1kg of chicken in two meal (lunch-dinner) so I spread it trough the day.

I like to eat all sugar/complex carbs At breakfast and post workout during a cut because I crave carbs especially after working out and in the morning.

Didn't see any difference between eating shit tons of fruits and yogurt compared to eating only complex carbs.

I usually split 50/50 when on low carb.

Could I be wrong? Sure...

Then how do yoi explain the glycemic index of say a bagel and a tablespoon of sugar?

I have been lifting for around 2-3 years now. I am in my early 20s. Overall I have gotten stronger and have visibly put on a decent amount of muscle. My issue I've always had though is my bodyfat. I am probably sitting around 20% right now, and I've never gotten lower. Awhile back I dropped around 10lbs on the scale, while maintaining my muscle, but it took everything I had. It took me like 2-3 months. I had to intermittent fast and restrict myself like crazy (I hated it). I still never ended up losing anything noticeable around my core though, as I store most of my fat around my core.

So my question is... what can I take to help the fat come off? I have been lurking around this forum, and a couple others for a few months now. Reading, reading, reading, but I still don't feel confident enough to dive into purchasing anything (that's why I am here). The only thing I do not feel comfortable doing at this point is pinning/injecting (plz don't flame me for that). I want to be safe and smart, but I really want to drop my BF to around 10% as it's always been my goal. I appreciate any help/info.

Thank you.

Eat less, move more. Get it under control now while you're young.

Needles are intimidating at first, but you get used to em.

You do realize meat is HIGHLY insulinogenic. This what I never understood. People would always say that you need fast carbs after working out to spike insulin. But whey protein releases the same amount of insulin as pure white table sugar. Go figure...

I agree with this to a point. 5 meals is best but depending on lifestyle but 3 meals is alright as well. Hard thing I find with 3 meals and macros is when you're eating 5000 cal a day its a ton of good, clean food to fit into 3 meals. If you're eating 2-300cal a day 3 meals is more plausible. All depends on what goals are, size and cal intake to determine if 3 or more meals suits you best
I didn't know Meso was cool with ugl handing out advice to members. Guess this fell to the wayside with the "New Meso generation" :rolleyes:

You do realize meat is HIGHLY insulinogenic. This what I never understood. People would always say that you need fast carbs after working out to spike insulin. But whey protein releases the same amount of insulin as pure white table sugar. Go figure...

I don't believe that eating right after a workout is necessary or not. There is so much talk about this anabolic window right after you work out but I've eaten an hour or more after the gym and I didn't really see any difference.

Never knew about the whey protein and table sugar insulin release rates. Good to know for future times

Then how do yoi explain the glycemic index of say a bagel and a tablespoon of sugar?

Because. That glicemic index is calculated alone, what I mean is if you eat sugar without anything else then you will have a glycemic index higher then let's say brown rice.

If you mix protein and fat with sugar the glicemyc index get much lower because it slow the absorption of all the food ingested.

Glycemic index is useless because we mostly eat carbs prot and fat all together all the time. Protein with carb alone slow the digestion compared to only carb. Add fat and it's much much slower and the whole glycemic index it's all screwed up

I don't believe that eating right after a workout is necessary or not. There is so much talk about this anabolic window right after you work out but I've eaten an hour or more after the gym and I didn't really see any difference.

Never knew about the whey protein and table sugar insulin release rates. Good to know for future times

Anabolic window has been proved that it lasts for hours