Overthinking or too much science !!

I think people overcomplicate training too much, to the point where they actually leave a lot of gains on the table

There does seem to be this new fad with lower volume, high intensity style training where people advocate for like 1-2 exercises per muscle, and like 3 sets per exercise "as long as you train intense", which I agree for smaller muscles like Biceps is practical, but not larger muscle groups

But what if I said you could train intense and still do high volume. Maybe not initially but eventually the body and CNS adapt to the training. I'm also very biased in saying that I love high volume training. I'll push it as hard as I can until I have nothing left in the tank, perhaps to the point of overtraining to some extent. And then once I know where that overtraining bench mark is, I'll dial it back 10% so that I'm able to recover properly and still keep the frequency/intensity with the volume.

The idea of doing 6 sets and calling that my workout and going home when I still have plenty of adrenaline and energy in the tank just seems goofy to me. That's not to say I don't understand the concept behind low volume/high intensity/high frequency, I just like my 4 day split with higher volume better (and I've gotten great results with it)

I could understand the scientific analysis being more beneficial to diet and compound use. I mean you look how bodybuilding has evolved with a heavier emphasis on gh and insulin use, hence the larger and freakier physiques we see nowadays in the open bracket, so the chemistry is definitely improving, as are the diet methods it seems.

But people definitely overanalyze training too much. To quote a thread on the PM forum "just go in and get your muscles sore as f***"