Personal Experiences with Metformin Use and its Training Adaptation Effects

aljowa

I understand that one of Metformin's mechanisms of action is the activation of AMPK and thus inhibition of mTOR, which theoretically could attenuate muscular adaptations to resistance training (i.e. blunting muscle hypertrophy). I also understand that Metformin has a potentially suppressive effect on endogenous GH production/secretion.

With those two physiological considerations in mind, I was hoping to gain some insight from people's personal experiences with Metformin use in regard to any detrimental performance and/or hypertrophy outcomes they noticed while they were taking it. I know that correlation does not imply causation, and that there are many potential variables that could also account for the aforementioned detrimental effects, so any anecdotes here have to be taken with a grain of salt, but I'm still curious to read how people who have used Metformin feel about this. I've read so many mixed responses from various forums in regard to this, but I figure Meso users would provide a higher quality empirical sample population.

For those who choose to post their experience, if you wouldn't mind, please include whether you were/are pre-diabetic or diabetic while using Metformin, and whether you were using GH. You can also optionally include your AAS dose(s), but I'm more curious about the previous two bits of information.

Thanks in advance to anybody who chooses to share, I greatly appreciate any and all insight into the matter! For reference, I'm a non-diabetic and non-GH AAS user who is weighing the pros and cons of Metformin. Also, I appreciate Type-IIx's excellent breakdown of Metformin in this thread, which was largely what inspired me to post this.

Thread 'Metformin: Risk/Reward Profile (Tradeoff Considerations; Balancing of Factors; Cost-Benefit Analysis) [Author: Type-IIx]' Metformin: Risk/Reward Profile (Tradeoff Considerations; Balancing of Factors; Cost-Benefit Analysis) [Author: Type-IIx]

took a single metformin XR pill and was throwing up for a full week. Stomach has never been the same. Have absolutely no clue what that was and what happened but i’ve never had serious digestion issues before taking it

I’ve used it . Not a diabetic.. no real results from it .. you have a better chance using Bergerine , cinnamon extract, chromium etc to get results.. or just jump on injecting insulin

Back