Post workout shakes without blowing your asshole out.

marco11

Alternate account for vendor
Just wondering what everyone uses as a recipe for a post workout shake.

I blend 1-2 cups dry oats with peanut butter and whey isolate along with some milk and water.

Most of the time is sends me straight to the can where things get pretty messy.

Does anyone have any suggestions for slower digestion so my asshole isn't on fire every single time I drink my shake?

For slowing digestion, take a look at psyllium husk powder or xantham gum mate.

Psyllium works great as a fibre supplement, but only add it immediately before drinking as it’ll turn your shake into a slimy, gooey gel within a few mins.

I’ll be trying xantham gum shortly to see how it compares regarding gloopy slime. I suspect it’s less, given how much it’s used in RTD milkshakes etc.

As good as they are for curing the Ring Of Fire, don’t go overboard with either though. Start with min recommend amounts & build up. Your arsehole will thank you for that, believe me. It’s not fun trying to pass a 4’ wide Yuletide log.

Personally though, I don’t see the point in paying top dollar for whey isolate over concentrate etc if you’re then going to then slow its digestion even further than with milk & oats, which will already be slowing it down somewhat.

I’m going off UK prices for isolate vs concentrate or blends here & assuming it’s the same in Canada?

On a side note, my guts (& arse) really don’t like whey isolate alone, but handle concentrate or multi source protein blends (whey concentrate & soy isolate) much better.

I’m also assuming that as IIRC, you’re originally from Ireland, the milk isn’t contributing to the issue as lactose problems are pretty rare for those of indigenous British Isles descent - again, assuming you’re Irish by ethnicity here & not just nationality.

Just wondering what everyone uses as a recipe for a post workout shake.

I blend 1-2 cups dry oats with peanut butter and whey isolate along with some milk and water.

Most of the time is sends me straight to the can where things get pretty messy.

Does anyone have any suggestions for slower digestion so my asshole isn't on fire every single time I drink my shake?

Oats lol, well there's your problem! Try cream of rice instead or switch to whole foods 45-60 minutes post workout. Eating immediately after a workout isn't necessary and imho just causes gastrointestinal issues so 1 hour post workout is fine and ground chicken with eggs, whole milk, 1/4 tub natty bp and a banana will sit better than any shake and be better for you.

Focus more on a preworkout blend with hbcd and eaa that you start consuming before, during and last few sips after the workout and consum some solid food 45min to 1 hour after

Focus more on a preworkout blend with hbcd and eaa that you start consuming before, during and last few sips after the workout and consum some solid food 45min to 1 hour after
After I started taking EAA, I had more energy and recovery noticeably improved.

Back