Post your Controversial Opinions here

Got it so 12 hours+ could have sworn I heard even longer like 24-48

The second literature is really interesting and in depth about the entity of nutrient partitioning relative to exercise timing. Carbs are just as important to replenish as soon as intraworkout.

i dont even want my LDL that low

Since rebuttals were supposed be not a thing and I asked, "how low is too low" I figured I'd answer. There are two separate trials on PSCK9 inhibitors that lowered LDL to around 20mg/dL with no side effects:

Outcomes improved linearly with a reduction in LDL. That's not to say that there isn't some threshold below which is unhealthy. There are certainly essential mechanisms for which LDL is required and speculation that below 40mg/dL is not good, but no real literature identifying that threshold.

reading the study the finding is that 100g of protein had a longer period of anabolic activity than 25g.

That’s not really relavent.
Lol protein is something small guys like us worry about because we cannot eat more without getting fat. I think Justin Harris did do the math on the hypothetical protein synthesis needed to accrue 10lbs of actual muscle tissue every year it in one of his interviews and it’s not much, something so small.

However, nobody is growing 10lbs a year or whatever crazy number gymrats claim they did or else there we will see 250lbs for 6ft+ 200lbs for short individuals walking around in public. Hell, probably 50% in my gym juices but only 10% look the part.

I guess don’t overthink it and just eat enough protein, let the aas do it’s job.

I'm going to jump in with my own controversial opinion. Statins are unnecessarily demonized in this country primarily as a result of misapplication by the medical establishment and the goddamned American College of Cardiology that refuse to update their treatment guidelines to modern standards.

The clinical trials for statins were intended to be successful, ergo they were used on high risk populations for whom anything but higher doses would have been unethical. In many cases, they were used as secondary intervention for heart disease. Secondary, meaning that the patient had already experienced one MACE. As a result, dosing guidelines are based on these clinical trials.

All the while ASCVD is growing as the leading cause of death in this country when we have these awesome prevention tools that aren't actually being used for prevention. Once the disease has occurred and merits treatment it's too late for prevention and then becomes a matter of intervention.

The hate for statins stems from the doses being used and the relatively low frequency of adverse side effects such as various symptoms of myalgia and fucking type 2 diabetes, which occurs within 3 years in 1/3 of the patients that go on 80mg atorvastatin daily.

So look at the dose response curve of statins:

View attachment 292681

You'll notice that 85% of the efficacy comes from roughly 25% of the maximum dose in the case of rosuvastatin and is pretty similar for atorvastatin.

There's also the fact that that the medical establishment has failed to measure ApoB when the rest of the civilized world is using it as the primary biomarker to directly measure the risk of ASCVD. While LDL-C is closely correlated with risk it is less precise and there's the fact that ApoB is causal and has a linear relationship. It's not popular because the test is "expensive" at roughly $15.

Finally, the ACC continues to recommend statin mono-therapy for lipid management when there's a host of other tools that are complementary and equally well tolerated that will further reduce ApoB sufficient not only to mitigate the risk of increasing plaque burden, but potentially reduce it.

I'm thinking of ezetimibe, bempedoic acid, and PCSK9 inhibitors like Repatha (evolocumab). A little of each is a great deal more effective than a lot of any one.

Finally, I apologize for my complete inability to explain anything to a 5yo.

tldr;

low dose rosuvastatin (5mg a day) will wipe out most ApoB for normal people.

It's dirt cheap as generic and cost pennies a day.

> ezetimibe
Cost more and not as strong. Still great though. Very benign.

> PCSK9 inhibitors like Repatha
Gold standard. No side effects. Wish all of the USA could get it for cheap. Wipes out most ApoB and gives you lipids of a child.

tldr;

low dose rosuvastatin (5mg a day) will wipe out most ApoB for normal people.

It's dirt cheap as generic and cost pennies a day.

> ezetimibe
Cost more and not as strong. Still great though. Very benign.

> PCSK9 inhibitors like Repatha
Gold standard. No side effects. Wish all of the USA could get it for cheap. Wipes out most ApoB and gives you lipids of a child.

You missed bempedoic acid. Cheaper than ezetimibe if ordered from India and has more evidence of positive outcomes when used as mono-therapy in statin intolerant patients.

Use one or all in combination if that's your bag.

More than 1 gram per pound of protein is not necessary.

Calories are much more important than carb/fat ratio.

Just count cals and protein. Done.

You can actually grow just as much on trt test with high anabolics such as 600+ primo. Low test with a high dose of primo would allow pure protein synthesis without fat or water gain. Nutrient partitioning and insulin sensitivity is better with these kind of cycles

Exactly, the difference between 200 test and 500 is negligible and the latter having more side effects and worse appearance. Replace gram of test with primo or eq. Much better nutrient partitioning. It’s hard to stay lean the more test you use. The less test the better you look.
1724569283076.png

Honestly the most dumbfound commentary to ever glare upon just is test is best and pretty much everyone parroting it has appeared as a drooling mouthbreather. Broderick Chavez made multiple segments clearing that matter on multiple podcasts. One more than any is adding more test derivatives to test like boldenone and methadienone...

Humalog (generally most insulin) preworkout is a safer yet much better choice than majority cringe supplements and orals people take currently.

Protein powder is in many cases superior to whole food which is greatly exaggerated in regards to having a higher nutritional value can supplement with pretty much everything in optimal quantity look up that close to 300 lb jacked poster on prom who experimented with a mostly protein drinks recomp or listen to Jay Cutler saying how he prepped one Olympia once to keep waist tighter which later won.

Last edited:
Lol protein is something small guys like us worry about because we cannot eat more without getting fat. I think Justin Harris did do the math on the hypothetical protein synthesis needed to accrue 10lbs of actual muscle tissue every year it in one of his interviews and it’s not much, something so small.

However, nobody is growing 10lbs a year or whatever crazy number gymrats claim they did or else there we will see 250lbs for 6ft+ 200lbs for short individuals walking around in public. Hell, probably 50% in my gym juices but only 10% look the part.

I guess don’t overthink it and just eat enough protein, let the aas do its job.
Go over to PM and you’ll find the biggest guys there eating 3-500g of protein daily. And the results speak for themselves.

Then again there guys like Sam Sulek and probably other jacked influencers/athletes that look great with just 1g/lb protein. It just depends on your goals I guess. If you want to look like a monster open pro bb it’s better to get more protein than necessary, especially if you’re on higher amounts of gear.

Last edited:
Honestly the most dumbfound commentary to ever glare upon just is test is best and pretty much everyone parroting it has appeared as a drooling mouthbreather. Broderick Chavez made multiple segments clearing that matter on multiple podcasts. One more than any is adding more test derivatives to test like boldenone and methadienone...

Humalog (generally most insulin) preworkout is a safer yet much better choice than majority cringe supplements and orals people take currently.

Protein powder is in many cases superior to whole food which is greatly exaggerated in regards to having a higher nutritional value can supplement with pretty much everything in optimal quantity look up that close to 300 lb jacked poster on prom who experimented with a mostly protein drinks recomp or listen to Jay Cutler saying how he prepped one Olympia once to keep waist tighter which later won.
Haha, relax my friend! Some like myself love Test a lot and it always works. I can say test is best because it gives me the least side effects compares to other anabolics. Of course there are many other steroids if for some reason it doesn't work for you or you wish to use something different.

Got it so 12 hours+ could have sworn I heard even longer like 24-48
Me too. Jeff Nippard actually used this topic in his myth-busting series on YouTube. I think the current knowledge holds that its not the amount of protein you eat in some magic window immediately after working out; rather its the consistent, daily intake of the correct amount that matters for muscle building. So focus more on the ideal amount of protein for your body, level of exercise, goals, etc and get it on a consistent, even, basis daily.

Haha, relax my friend! Some like myself love Test a lot and it always works. I can say test is best because it gives me the least side effects compares to other anabolics. Of course there are many other steroids if for some reason it doesn't work for you or you wish to use something different.
Yea so pardon randomly posted after you my comment is directed at one particular know it all pretending authority potentially goingstronger on alt can accept your reasoning pretty much everything is individual choice.

The fastest/safest way to recomp the body, without using GLP-1s or burners such as Clen, for an individual who is overweight and who wants to lose fat primarily and gain/retain muscle secondarily, for a short period such as 3-6 months, is TRT + 2-3iu GH + Keto diet.

Last edited: