• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Proving that Synovex/Component EH can be Purified

Megapumps1234

Ok bros, there has been a lot of debate over the years about whether the estradiol benzoate can be removed from Synovex (discontinued) and Component EH (currently in production). I have taken it upon myself as a theoretical exercise to prove that this does work. My work is all theoretical, but I believe that it holds quite well. I am not a chem major, but I do have a degree in Applied Mathematics (i.e. a degree in thinking). I do not endorse this experiment nor do I assume any liability should you violate the laws of your country to perform such an experiment.

Let's start with the NaOH + estradiol benzoate reaction:
  • Estradiol benzoate is 17B estradiol with the oxygen on the C-3 position attached to a benzoate ester instead of hydrogen. The C-3 position is a part of a phenol group (i.e. aromatic ring), which is resonance stabilized
  • Resonance stabilization simply means that the structure will be more likely to donate a proton than it would otherwise (i.e. its more acidic than say, an alcohol group). This would help explain why the C-17 position on 17B estradiol isn't where the ester attaches.
  • Furthermore, the Benzoate ester itself is resonance stabilized around the COO bond.
  • When we dissolve NaOH, it dissociates in Na+ and OH-. The OH- will attack the COO bond on the Benzoate ester because the carbon has a partial positive charge from the two oxygens pulling the electron clouds toward themselves. When this happens, the Oxygen-Estrogen bond falls off the benzoate ester, which I'll call OE-.
  • OE- is the conjugate base of 17B estradiol.
  • The benzoate ester has become benzoic acid from the addition of OH-. The Hydrogen will dissociate, leaving a benzoate ion (i.e. conjugate base).
  • The sodium ions from the NaOH will pair with the benzoic ion and estradiol ions, forming benzoic salt and estradiol salt. The remaining hydrogens will form water with the extra oxygens.
  • Balanced equations imply that we need 2x the moles of NaOH as we do estradiol benzoate.
  • 2(NaOH) + 1(Estradiol benzoate) = Estradiol salt + sodium benzoate + H20. You can write out all the hydrogens and carbons to check my work, but I'm 99.9% sure this balances based on my findings.

Ok, so if estrogen forms a water-soluble salt, why does every fanboy talk about testosterone base forming with enough NaOH (as opposed to a water-soluble testosterone salt)? The answer lies in the fact that the propionate ester attaches to the C-17 position on the testosterone molecule.
  • Testosterone propionate is testosterone base with the hydrogen at the C-17 position replaced by the propionate ester.
  • Unlike the C-3 position on estrogen, the carbon ring composing the C-17 is not a phenol group and thus follows reactivity of a secondary alcohol. This means that the testosterone base molecule is going to work harder to keep the hydroxyl group attached. In other words, it doesn't want to dissociate in water and is therefore a very weak acid and thus a very strong conjugate base.
  • So, this explains why NaOH goes after the estradiol benzoate ester before the testosterone propionate ester.
  • With enough NaOH (and potentially only with a lot of heat), the propionate ester will eventually be stripped as well.
  • The OH- ions will attack the COO position on the propionate ester just like it would the benzoate ester, which means that the oxygen-testosterone bond will be broken, which I'll call OT-
  • The propionic ester is now propionic acid from the addition of OH-, which will dissociate into hydrogen ions and propionate ions.
  • The OT- is very basic compared to OE-, so it will pull those Hydrogens right back into its orbit, forming testosterone base! The Na+ ions will form with the propionic ion to form sodium propionate.
  • At this point, only testosterone will be water-insoluble.
  • QED
What I still don't know:
  • How much time or heat is required to make sure this all actually happens like we want?
  • How much lye is required? Using 2x molar equivalents may not be enough because some may attack the prop before reaching all the estradiol benzoate. My guess is 4x molar equivalents of NaOH will get the job done, leaving some testosterone base + testosterone propionate.
I also invite critiques. Like I said, I never formally studied chemistry, but I couldn't find any complete information on this reaction; that is the goal of this post.

Had a friend get some bloods back after using 100mg TP from Component EH for 1 week with 100mg of component Th for 1 week. He was also blasting Adex at .5mg a day for 1 week, so any estrogen would be from the conversion. Yes his joints fucking hurt, but had to put these old rumors to rest. The conversion works.

To make the EH, 0.8g of Lye was used per 10g of TP over low heat for about an hour. As you can see, the estrogen removal is very possible. Also, don't go above .8 or you'll end up making too much test base from the TP.

As always, follow the laws of your country. Nothing posted here is being endorsed or encouraged and is purely for scientific enlightenment.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 56
Had a friend get some bloods back after using 100mg TP from Component EH for 1 week with 100mg of component Th for 1 week. He was also blasting Adex at .5mg a day for 1 week, so any estrogen would be from the conversion. Yes his joints fucking hurt, but had to put these old rumors to rest. The conversion works.

To make the EH, 0.8g of Lye was used per 10g of TP over low heat for about an hour. As you can see, the estrogen removal is very possible. Also, don't go above .8 or you'll end up making too much test base from the TP.

As always, follow the laws of your country. Nothing posted here is being endorsed or encouraged and is purely for scientific enlightenment.

He got over 3600ng with only 1 week of test prop ? o_O

Nice work bro. I'll stick with powder. Good to see a fellow thinker. I'm usually thinking about pussy, but its good to see someone thinking about the important stuff.:)

For those of you asking "what should my test levels look like on prop?". Take a look at this.

You now have a standard too compare it.

He was pinning EOD?

He was pinning ED, so it works out to about 700 mg per week.

The estradiol numbers were on par with expectations. Using molar equivalents, you only need .2g to fully remove 1g e2 Benzoate, but we always want a little extra because this is nothing to fuck around with. The low heat was used to help ensure the reaction took place. Because test base is lighter than TP, it's hard to determine Test yield (ie 100% yield of TB is 83% of the weight of the TP).

And on the revalor, no. The cellulose used is soluble in methanol, which makes it trickier. Also, with TH still available, I didn't see the point in going much further with it.

Ok bros, there has been a lot of debate over the years about whether the estradiol benzoate can be removed from Synovex (discontinued) and Component EH (currently in production). I have taken it upon myself as a theoretical exercise to prove that this does work. My work is all theoretical, but I believe that it holds quite well. I am not a chem major, but I do have a degree in Applied Mathematics (i.e. a degree in thinking). I do not endorse this experiment nor do I assume any liability should you violate the laws of your country to perform such an experiment.

Let's start with the NaOH + estradiol benzoate reaction:
  • Estradiol benzoate is 17B estradiol with the oxygen on the C-3 position attached to a benzoate ester instead of hydrogen. The C-3 position is a part of a phenol group (i.e. aromatic ring), which is resonance stabilized
  • Resonance stabilization simply means that the structure will be more likely to donate a proton than it would otherwise (i.e. its more acidic than say, an alcohol group). This would help explain why the C-17 position on 17B estradiol isn't where the ester attaches.
  • Furthermore, the Benzoate ester itself is resonance stabilized around the COO bond.
  • When we dissolve NaOH, it dissociates in Na+ and OH-. The OH- will attack the COO bond on the Benzoate ester because the carbon has a partial positive charge from the two oxygens pulling the electron clouds toward themselves. When this happens, the Oxygen-Estrogen bond falls off the benzoate ester, which I'll call OE-.
  • OE- is the conjugate base of 17B estradiol.
  • The benzoate ester has become benzoic acid from the addition of OH-. The Hydrogen will dissociate, leaving a benzoate ion (i.e. conjugate base).
  • The sodium ions from the NaOH will pair with the benzoic ion and estradiol ions, forming benzoic salt and estradiol salt. The remaining hydrogens will form water with the extra oxygens.
  • Balanced equations imply that we need 2x the moles of NaOH as we do estradiol benzoate.
  • 2(NaOH) + 1(Estradiol benzoate) = Estradiol salt + sodium benzoate + H20. You can write out all the hydrogens and carbons to check my work, but I'm 99.9% sure this balances based on my findings.

Ok, so if estrogen forms a water-soluble salt, why does every fanboy talk about testosterone base forming with enough NaOH (as opposed to a water-soluble testosterone salt)? The answer lies in the fact that the propionate ester attaches to the C-17 position on the testosterone molecule.
  • Testosterone propionate is testosterone base with the hydrogen at the C-17 position replaced by the propionate ester.
  • Unlike the C-3 position on estrogen, the carbon ring composing the C-17 is not a phenol group and thus follows reactivity of a secondary alcohol. This means that the testosterone base molecule is going to work harder to keep the hydroxyl group attached. In other words, it doesn't want to dissociate in water and is therefore a very weak acid and thus a very strong conjugate base.
  • So, this explains why NaOH goes after the estradiol benzoate ester before the testosterone propionate ester.
  • With enough NaOH (and potentially only with a lot of heat), the propionate ester will eventually be stripped as well.
  • The OH- ions will attack the COO position on the propionate ester just like it would the benzoate ester, which means that the oxygen-testosterone bond will be broken, which I'll call OT-
  • The propionic ester is now propionic acid from the addition of OH-, which will dissociate into hydrogen ions and propionate ions.
  • The OT- is very basic compared to OE-, so it will pull those Hydrogens right back into its orbit, forming testosterone base! The Na+ ions will form with the propionic ion to form sodium propionate.
  • At this point, only testosterone will be water-insoluble.
  • QED
What I still don't know:
  • How much time or heat is required to make sure this all actually happens like we want?
  • How much lye is required? Using 2x molar equivalents may not be enough because some may attack the prop before reaching all the estradiol benzoate. My guess is 4x molar equivalents of NaOH will get the job done, leaving some testosterone base + testosterone propionate.
I also invite critiques. Like I said, I never formally studied chemistry, but I couldn't find any complete information on this reaction; that is the goal of this post.
I believe synovex is still in production every feed store an online vet i know of has it in stock

I also experiment with syno when I get bored an want to be walter white for a couple of months. To me its some of the best prop you can get pure and in my view not very hard to make people just make it complicated.