Qingdao Sigma Chemical Co., Ltd (International, US, EU, Canada and Australia domestic

$1.356 including shipping to my location. FYI, I thought these were stupid until I tried them. Can load 1.5 ish ml in seconds. Add in a 27 gauge need and no pip. Fast. Easy. Convenient. https://www.wholesurgical.com/mckesson-ms990-vial-spike-mckesson-clave
I'm using these:
They have a nice little rim that seats around the vial vial crimp , and are in the same price range. I paid more at another site, so thanks for the link!!

Whete you guys buying spikes?
I do search and price is nuts.

If you want to get extra fancy, German made, needleless spike with a 5um particle filter for the fluid, automatic 1um air filtered venting (dude with the extra
dusty house needs this!) to equalize vial pressure for easy drawing, auto closing bacteria tight valve when syringe is disconnected, and a built in cap the best deal I've found is Altruan (search for 4550579). Buy 50, choose "auto delivery 6 months" to get $10 off and pay by paypal to get them for $2.49 each. Then cancel subscription.

Only downside is $35 DHL express shipping to US, but these are $12 each in the US so it's still a good deal.

Peptide vial size micro spike version is item 4550528 . Remember you need to use luer lock syringes though, regular insulin syringes with permanently attached needles won't work.

IMG_8150.jpeg

Sh1t I might just have to bring these with
me to the doctor for the next shot the assistant tries to give me using that nasty communal vaccine vial lol

Last edited:
Personally I do not like the one with the crimp because you can't push the base over to bleed the pressure off..

Leave it to the Germans to design one that vents as you draw. Always overengineering. I would've never thought of that problem until I had to fight against vial suction.

If you want to get extra fancy, German made, needleless spike with a 5um particle filter for the fluid, automatic 1um air filtered venting (dude with the extra
dusty house needs this!) to equalize vial pressure for easy drawing, auto closing bacteria tight valve when syringe is disconnected, and a built in cap the best deal I've found is Altruan (search for 4550579). Buy 50, choose "auto delivery 6 months" to get $10 off and pay by paypal to get them for $2.49 each. Then cancel subscription.

Only downside is $35 DHL express shipping to US, but these are $12 each in the US so it's still a good deal.

Peptide vial size micro spike version is item 4550528 . Remember you need to use luer lock syringes though, regular insulin syringes with permanently attached needles won't work.

View attachment 285748

Sh1t I might just have to bring these with
me to the doctor for the next shot the assistant tries to give me using that nasty communal vaccine vial lol
Does the venting increase drawing speed?
If so might be interesting with the added benefit of filtration.

Does the venting increase drawing speed?
If so might be interesting with the added benefit of filtration.

For sure. It's already going to be fast being able to draw into the syringe before you attach the needle, venting will speed it up even more with no suction developing in the vial. While I wish the fluid filter was .22um it would probably slow things way down too much and it still manages to catch most bacteria, never mind particles which are giant by comparison so it's a reasonable safety/convenience compromise for me.

The venting is two way so you're also able to push back into the vial for air bubble elimination before you disconnect which minimizes wasting compound.

Between the conservation of compound and not needing a second larger pin to draw it must come close to paying for itself.

IMG_8143.jpeg

For sure. It's already going to be fast being able to draw into the syringe before you attach the needle, venting will speed it up even more with no suction developing in the vial. While I wish the fluid filter was .22um it would probably slow things way down too much and it still manages to catch most bacteria, never mind particles which are giant by comparison so it's a reasonable safety/convenience compromise for me.

The venting is two way so you're also able to push back into the vial for air bubble elimination before you disconnect which minimizes wasting compound.

Between the conservation of compound and not needing a second larger pin to draw it must come close to paying for itself.

View attachment 285752
I feel like an aboriginal seeing a mirror for the first time.
Now I have to try this out.
Nice find man

With a vial spike you can draw 3ml in 2 seconds regardless of pressure build up..

Yeah that's what inspired me to look for the best type of that device I could find. It's good to have options. A needle-less spike is already a major upgrade over the usual drawing method for someone who thinks filtration is overkill, and at the other end there will probably be someone stacking a .22um disc filter with this to make sure no bacteria at all could possibly get through.

Last edited:
Just screw on a 3ml syringe with 3mL of air in it to the tip and let the pressure equalize. Same procedure as using a regular vial, should be pushing in a volume of air equal to what you are pulling out in oil to keep negative pressure from forming.

Just screw on a 3ml syringe with 3mL of air in it to the tip and let the pressure equalize. Same procedure as using a regular vial, should be pushing in a volume of air equal to what you are pulling out in oil to keep negative pressure from forming.
When you start pushing air through the valve of the spike in thaT direction the guts of the valve come apart..it is best to bleed the pressure by pushing the base of the spike over and relesle the pressure that way.. the valve on the spike is designed for one way flow.

When you start pushing air through the valve of the spike in thaT direction the guts of the valve come apart..it is best to bleed the pressure by pushing the base of the spike over and relesle the pressure that way.. the valve on the spike is designed for one way flow.
Must be a different design then the ones I use then.