Quercetin as a Myostatin inhibitor - Study

Lmao, man if I listed out eveything I took in this thread, dosages, and timing I'd be typing the next half hour.

I plan on detailing my full stack in my log in pulling together right now. It's loosely based off Brian Johnson's blueprint protocol but with quite a few personal tweaks.

I take probably 40 pills AM, 25 noon, 20ish at 5pm and another 14 before bed.

Plus 10-15 powders I mix into protein shakes/smoothies and a few sublingual powders.

Then the list of injectables (Glutathione, carnitine, NAD+, MIC, etc)

I'll get around to it in the next couple days, I'm starting the main part of that mild cycle today so I was going to some point soon anyways when I updated the thread.

I just started taking a multi and two other oral suppliments and I feel like a feeble old man slamming pills every morning LOL
Couldn’t imagine all of that.

Thanks to the horrible thing known as discord I’ve discovered quite a few peptides I didn’t know existed. I could easily see myself turning into one of those people who takes 40 things a day. So much shitnout there it wild! There’s a suppliment/pill/powder/show for literally EVERY THING. Until I hit the lottery I’ll stick with my growth, AAS, and multi lol

Lmao, man if I listed out eveything I took in this thread, dosages, and timing I'd be typing the next half hour.

I plan on detailing my full stack in my log in pulling together right now. It's loosely based off Brian Johnson's blueprint protocol but with quite a few personal tweaks.

Plus 10-15 powders I mix into protein shakes/smoothies and a few sublingual powders.

I'll get around to it in the next couple days, I'm starting the main part of that mild cycle today so I was going to some point soon anyways when I updated the thread.
How much carnitine do you inject daily?

Thanks. Do you make it yourself? I wish I could, because the ones I found always have a low concentration x ml
Yeah, I compound just about everything I can myself, injectable or otherwise.

Been on a kick with making Liposomal compounds recently as well.

It's really piss simple for l-car though. You don't even really "need" vials and stoppers. L-carnitine is fantastically anti-microbial itself, hitting bacteriostatic somewhere around 10mg/ml and fungistatic around 15mg/ml.

Just prep a 60ml amber dropper bottle with carnitine base and saline at the desired concentration, pick up some .22 micron wheel filters, and just filter your 1-2ml you're going to use each day immediately pre use. You really don't have to use BA, even though I still take it to 1% out of habit.

Some of this looks very mitochondrial oriented. Am I correct there? If so, I would like to know more on your thoughts there.

Some of this looks very mitochondrial oriented. Am I correct there? If so, I would like to know more on your thoughts there.
Very much so. A significant part of my routine, including red light/IR therapy is for targeting Mitophagy. MOTS-c and ss-31 are frequently in my peptide rotation.

Very much so. A significant part of my routine, including red light/IR therapy is for targeting Mitophagy. MOTS-c and ss-31 are frequently in my peptide rotation.
How about Humanin or MitoQ?

What other supplements are you taking for mitochondrial optimization?

My list so far:

CoQ10 - Important for energy production and reduces stress on mitochondria
Alpha lipoic acid - Potent antioxidant that recycles other antioxidants
NADH - Involved in energy production and may boost mitochondrial function
Acetyl-L-carnitine - Transports fatty acids into mitochondria for energy use
R-Lipoic acid - More potent form of lipoic acid that helps regenerate antioxidants
PQQ - May stimulate mitochondrial biogenesis and support cellular repair
Magnesium - Needed as a cofactor for many mitochondrial enzymes
Vitamin D - May play a role in energy production and reducing oxidative stress
Resveratrol - Activates genes involved in mitophagy and biogenesis
Fish oil - Provides DHA/EPA which stabilize mitochondria
TUDCA - Reduces mitochondrial stress and supports quality control
NAC - Increases glutathione to reduce oxidative stress on mitochondria
Potassium - Needed as a cofactor for energy pathways and electron transport

If you have improvements to that list, edits, removals, or anything else, let me know along with the reasoning. I'm spending a lot of time on learning this, but I could use some help.

I've been on Quercetin the last 3 years now while dealing with cancer, and have kept taking it daily since. I've been able to pack muscle on insanely fast this time around on a mild trt dose coming back from like #130 all bone and organ weight, lol.

Ive been attributing it to muscle memory returning to stuff (I was a serious athlete pre diagnosis) but I wonder how much the quercetin has contributed if at all.

This is injected into growth media in dishes though to grow muscle tissue for lab grown meat, who knows if it's shuttled that way in vivo.
What kind of dosages are you taking?

How about Humanin or MitoQ?

What other supplements are you taking for mitochondrial optimization?

My list so far:

CoQ10 - Important for energy production and reduces stress on mitochondria
Alpha lipoic acid - Potent antioxidant that recycles other antioxidants
NADH - Involved in energy production and may boost mitochondrial function
Acetyl-L-carnitine - Transports fatty acids into mitochondria for energy use
R-Lipoic acid - More potent form of lipoic acid that helps regenerate antioxidants
PQQ - May stimulate mitochondrial biogenesis and support cellular repair
Magnesium - Needed as a cofactor for many mitochondrial enzymes
Vitamin D - May play a role in energy production and reducing oxidative stress
Resveratrol - Activates genes involved in mitophagy and biogenesis
Fish oil - Provides DHA/EPA which stabilize mitochondria
TUDCA - Reduces mitochondrial stress and supports quality control
NAC - Increases glutathione to reduce oxidative stress on mitochondria
Potassium - Needed as a cofactor for energy pathways and electron transport

If you have improvements to that list, edits, removals, or anything else, let me know along with the reasoning. I'm spending a lot of time on learning this, but I could use some help.
That's honestly a really solid baseline for targeting Mitochondria. The only thing I'd suggest throwing in without knowing.more about your health personally would be Spermadine, it's about the best thing we have to induce efficient Autophagy and Mitochondrial respiration outside of Rapamycin which I'm really not sold on due to the risk of microbiome dysbiosis. I'm just as obsessive over my gut microbiota's health and nutrition as my own. We're starting to figure out just how incredibly important diverse and abundant gut bacteria really is for us. Easily 50% of our mental and physical health starts with them.

I use Toniiq's Spermadine+ right now, but they just came out with a newer Spermadine product that uses far more naturally sourced Spermadine extract (6mg vs 1mg in this product) and less synthetic Spermadine Trihydrochloride which is much more easily metabolized to a less active compound in humans for some reason.

No, I have not tried humanin nor MitoQ, but Humanin is on my list to experiment with eventually. I honestly haven't changed much up in years now though just because what I have been doing works great and I really have no deficits at this point I feel the need to target.

I'll definitely get around to Humanin though eventually.

I just started taking a multi and two other oral suppliments and I feel like a feeble old man slamming pills every morning LOL
I've got my parents (mid 60s) taking large stacks now too, and my mom absolutely hates taking pills of any kind, lol. It's funny to sit there and watch her pout, gag, and cuss getting a bunch of supplements down AM and PM, but she keeps doing it because of how much better off she is from it, haha.

Yeah, I compound just about everything I can myself, injectable or otherwise.

Been on a kick with making Liposomal compounds recently as well.

It's really piss simple for l-car though. You don't even really "need" vials and stoppers. L-carnitine is fantastically anti-microbial itself, hitting bacteriostatic somewhere around 10mg/ml and fungistatic around 15mg/ml.

Just prep a 60ml amber dropper bottle with carnitine base and saline at the desired concentration, pick up some .22 micron wheel filters, and just filter your 1-2ml you're going to use each day immediately pre use. You really don't have to use BA, even though I still take it to 1% out of habit.
Oh wow, that is amazing. I thought it needed to be heated/stirred or filtered in some complicated way. I guess everything is complicated if you don't know how to. This is brilliant. I shall try. Thank you for your kindness.

Thanks to the horrible thing known as discord I’ve discovered quite a few peptides I didn’t know existed. I could easily see myself turning into one of those people who takes 40 things a day. So much shitnout there it wild! There’s a suppliment/pill/powder/show for literally EVERY THING. Until I hit the lottery I’ll stick with my growth, AAS, and multi lol
I hear ya

I've got my parents (mid 60s) taking large stacks now too, and my mom absolutely hates taking pills of any kind, lol. It's funny to sit there and watch her pout, gag, and cuss getting a bunch of supplements down AM and PM, but she keeps doing it because of how much better off she is from it, haha.

Wait, you live with your parents? Not judging.

Wait, you live with your parents? Not judging.
Absolutely not, lmao.

I am at their place most weekends though. My family owns a cannabis and hemp analytics/extraction lab, and I handle dealing with the lab employees/technical stuff. They're just old stoners into the business side of things.

It's just easier to spend a couple days there, my kid gets to see the grandparents, I don't have to commune 3 hours each way multiple times a week, etc.

I'm still finishing up grad school right now, hence the not during the week part.

It pays the bills for all my bullshit, lol.

Last edited:
Sounds like a hefty fee too. Would you be willing to post a photo of some supplements or of the stash of supplements? I would love to believe and gather the info you are sharing. I would really appreciate, because you sound very knowledgable. Or can do in PM?
Here's the photos my girlfriend sent me, she missed a few bulk bags, any injectables, pharma, and a multitude of different smoothie additives and such, but this is a pretty accurate photo of my daily base stack. At least most all of it that's OTC and not more food related.

I'm getting back to the hotel here in like 30 minutes, I'll take the time to type out my full schedule in my log and cross post it back to here here shortly tonight.

Attachments

• PXL_20240602_003523540.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    PXL_20240602_003523540.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 19
  • PXL_20240602_000336358.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    PXL_20240602_000336358.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 20
  • PXL_20240602_000332922.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    PXL_20240602_000332922.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 19
Here's the photos my girlfriend sent me, she missed a few bulk bags, any injectables, pharma, and a multitude of different smoothie additives and such, but this is a pretty accurate photo of my daily base stack. At least most all of it that's OTC and not more food related.

I'm getting back to the hotel here in like 30 minutes, I'll take the time to type out my full schedule in my log and cross post it back to here here shortly tonight.
You would think the human stomach, would be effected to ingest all those additives and fillers, and stuff, because after a certain amount its not just a little bit. Its servings. Your stomach is fine after consistantly doing this?

You would think the human stomach, would be effected to ingest all those additives and fillers, and stuff, because after a certain amount its not just a little bit. Its servings. Your stomach is fine after consistantly doing this?
That thought has definitely crossed my mind, but no, as far as feeling and functioning I'm great.

I do stay heavily on top of using different probiotic strains and feed them plenty of fiber every day, and I never take a large amount of supplements in an empty stomach.

I start every day with a smoothie that has at least 40g protein and 18-25g of fiber and absolutely loaded with different probiotic strains as a solid baseline, and only a couple things go into my stomach before that, and aside from that I eat a ridiculously clean whole food pescatarian diet. Pretty much only raw fruits, veggies, ancient grains, nuts, beans, lentils, Shrimp, Mackerel, sardines, local organic eggs and local dairy. I'll do chicken sometimes, but chicken, beef, pork, and other denser proteins have always sat funny for me. I try to really stay on top of gut health since that's where everything else health wise begins.

Jesus. And people are bitching about microplastics.

Back