Question for the experienced brewers

Ceejay93

Hey guys.
happy to be apart of this board.

just have a question about my second homebrew session.
I think I know the answer to this. From reading on the board.
I brewed-
500ml test e
500ml test prop
700ml tren ace
200ml primo e
300ml mast e
300ml tren e

Okay guys it went very well.
felt smoother then the first time I did it last week. First brew was only 100ml. So definitely a big step up.

The problem was with the first compound.

once I filtered the batch of test e. I found water bubbles and also some swirls also in some of the vials.

I remember when I first weighed up the 100grams of raws, it was very stuck together,
100grams test e powder
Added MCT
bb and then BA.

I think what happened was there was moisture in the raws.

my question is cause it scared me is- how do I get moisture out of raws for the future.

my vials and glass media bottle were placed in a brand new pressure cooker at 15PSI for 30 minutes. And then 5 minutes on high in a 1000w microwave to get any last moisture out.!

My bottletop dispenser was flushed with iso alcohol and then pumped will stilled water and then iso again. (Because iso evaporates?)

so the only this I can think of why the test e got water in some of the vials was the raws moisture

After the test e was filtered, bottle dispensed to vials and capped.
I brewed
Test p
Mast e
Etc.

and they all come out very very crystal clear ! Very clean looking.

Does anyone know what could’ve happened to that test e.

22 x 10ml vials are deemed not good. do I throw them ?

the rest were crystal clear. All other compounds came out perfectly.

my steps -

Pressurecook- beaker/measuring cylinders
Start measuring raw powder in beaker. Add oils. Mix. Add BB AND BA
Heat 45-60 degrees/ magnetic stirred

meanwhile- pressure cooker has vials and a media bottle under 15 PSI. After 30 minutes remove, place on plate.
(plate was iso washed)

microwave vials and media receiver 4-5 minutes till no residue of steamed water.

Let the test e sit. Get another compound dissolving.

500ml bottletop vaccum filter.
Start filtering.
In the meantime.
iso wash flush the bottletop dispenser.

place inside sandwich clip bag.

once compound is filtered. Screw on bottle top dispenser. And then set to 10ml. Doing a 10ml priming flush to get rid of any iso alcohol etc.

I’ve tried two ways..
Letting stoppers sit in BA.
and the other one is
Pressure cook
Microwave.
there done.

Would love people criticism. My write up.

I started at 10pm and finished at 5am.

also would like to add PPE gear was worn. And also ISO alcohol used on all benched etc.

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• BDEDFF42-F98B-4F9E-89B6-B3F6D37F98E0.jpeg
    BDEDFF42-F98B-4F9E-89B6-B3F6D37F98E0.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 95
  • 8FC47AAC-83D2-44D3-8E83-47D230A54C6D.jpeg
    8FC47AAC-83D2-44D3-8E83-47D230A54C6D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 82
heat your oil simply to 100 degree celsius and hold it with magnetic stirring still going until all water is gone.

My first question, why are you doing it through the night?

Ive never personally seen raws with moisture in...Are you sure there was no moisture in the beaker when you first started the brew?

Ive never personally seen raws with moisture in...Are you sure there was no moisture in the beaker when you first started the brew?
Hey bro. Thanks for the reply.

the beaker was BONE dry.

I do remember the raws when getting dissolved where murky for a long time. Till I added a lot more heat 110C.

I’m only going from the assumption that the test e raws had moisture. From what others have said on the board about the raws being soft but in a hard clump.

second reason-

all the other compounds I brewed came out immaculate. From brewing/filtering/ bottle top dispensing.

I’d out rule i

I have a family and seems to be the only time I get it done.
when I can control my environment.

heat your oil simply to 100 degree celsius and hold it with magnetic stirring still going until all water is gone.
I have a magnetic stirrer hot plate with a added thermostat rod built in I’ll do that next time.

I couldn’t see any water when the brew was getting stirred and I let it sit for 40 minutes after.

Coming to think of it now.
if I brewed the compound and let it sit. I should’ve seen any impurity’s of water etc.
because MCT oil is so clear.

The water came from your bottle top dispenser is my guess.

could be the case.
I had to media receiver bottles 250mls each.
when I switched from the first one to the second.
i shot the rest of the first receiver bottle into the second.
maybe some alcohol iso got flushed out with the test e in the tubes into the next 250ml receiver.

Thanks for the reply’s guys.
Any criticism is good criticism.
super excited to get to cook my own, family full of body builders. We have been buying it for 100+$ a vial for years.
Very exciting.

I’m OCD on the sanitisation.

so if any of you guys could correct me on any of those steps. That would be great.

Greetings from NZ

I have an idea, but it might be stupid...
You use isopropyl alcohol to clean your equipment? you say it evaporates, and it does. But its a percentage of iso alcohol. The rest is, I assume, sterile water. Is it possible your iso alcohol did evaporate, but left behind the slower evaporating water?

this could be way off base, but just my thought.

Never heat your compounds to 110C its absolutely overkill for any raw. I won't even bring winstrol near that temperature.

Which picture represents most of the vials? Are most of them just cloudy, or do they all have large amounts of water like the first picture?

Never heat your compounds to 110C its absolutely overkill for any raw. I won't even bring winstrol near that temperature.

Which picture represents most of the vials? Are most of them just cloudy, or do they all have large amounts of water like the first picture?

When I make winny suspension I have to heat it to the EXTREME, but yah in oil requires less heat.

Thanks for the reply’s guys.
Any criticism is good criticism.
super excited to get to cook my own, family full of body builders. We have been buying it for 100+$ a vial for years.
Very exciting.

I’m OCD on the sanitisation.

so if any of you guys could correct me on any of those steps. That would be great.

Greetings from NZ

Fuck isopropyl. Disinfect your wash station with bleach mixture then rinse clean with distilled water. Wash your gear with soapy water then rinse thoroughly with distilled water and leave dry on sanitized rack. Now cover glassware with tinfoil then bake at 250f for 2 hours then turn oven off and crack the door open and let your gear cool over the course of an hour. This will extend the life of the glassware.

Now put your glassware into a uv sterilization box overnight and you will have the cleanest equipment on planet Earth lol ;)

https://www.amazon.ca/Sanitizer-Sterilizer-Sanitizes-Cleaning-Required/dp/B08HCF6CHV/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?dchild=1&keywords=uv+sterilizer+box&qid=1622161534&sprefix=uv+ster&sr=8-13
31haY1RpUAL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

I only did it just to try clear the test e. I had 500mls final product getting magnetic stirred if I put the thermometer in there I doubt it reached the plates temperature.
Did you know somewhere I can read on heating raws? I know heat isn’t actually a necessity but I know it does fasten the dissolving

1AE852C9-1738-40E1-A455-B6364EA710C4.jpegHey guys I’ve added photos.
22 vials turned out slightly cloudy or like this. With water bubbles inside.

I’ve sat two different vials that came out completely fine just as a comparison.

the last test e brew I did last week (the first one)

all 10 vials came out flawless. I had a look under a magnify glass

Attachments

• 8FFDA658-2854-47C8-8B4F-FEA8440F51DB.jpeg
    8FFDA658-2854-47C8-8B4F-FEA8440F51DB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
Fuck isopropyl. Disinfect your wash station with bleach mixture then rinse clean with distilled water. Wash your gear with soapy water then rinse thoroughly with distilled water and leave dry on sanitized rack. Now cover glassware with tinfoil then bake at 250f for 2 hours then turn oven off and crack the door open and let your gear cool over the course of an hour. This will extend the life of the glassware.

Now put your glassware into a uv sterilization box overnight and you will have the cleanest equipment on planet Earth lol ;)

https://www.amazon.ca/Sanitizer-Sterilizer-Sanitizes-Cleaning-Required/dp/B08HCF6CHV/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?dchild=1&keywords=uv+sterilizer+box&qid=1622161534&sprefix=uv+ster&sr=8-13
View attachment 147475
Thankyou mate taking notes !!
what’s your thoughts on my method of sterilisation with the 15psi for 30minutes and then microwave to to assure dryness. As the steam will be just distilled water at this time.

what’s your thoughts on the
Media glass
Measuring cylinders.

I wash these soapy water.
then isopropyl, distilled water and then isopropyl one more time ! Making sure everything finishes dry.

there is no need to pressure cook the
600ml media glass
& measuring cylinders. As they are going to go threw a .22 bottle top filter.

so the soapy water/isopropyl/distilled/isopropyl will be sufficient.

But for the
media receiver bottles and caps
Vials/stoppers
Bottle dispenser ( which I used for the first time yesterday, and I only did the flush with isopropyl.) Will all be pressure cooked and then microwaved for distilled steam

thanks for the input guys.

The oven method seems a long time. Compared to the pressure cooker method.

Thankyou.

Thankyou mate taking notes !!
what’s your thoughts on my method of sterilisation with the 15psi for 30minutes and then microwave to to assure dryness. As the steam will be just distilled water at this time.

what’s your thoughts on the
Media glass
Measuring cylinders.

I wash these soapy water.
then isopropyl, distilled water and then isopropyl one more time ! Making sure everything finishes dry.

there is no need to pressure cook the
600ml media glass
& measuring cylinders. As they are going to go threw a .22 bottle top filter.

so the soapy water/isopropyl/distilled/isopropyl will be sufficient.

But for the
media receiver bottles and caps
Vials/stoppers
Bottle dispenser ( which I used for the first time yesterday, and I only did the flush with isopropyl.) Will all be pressure cooked and then microwaved for distilled steam

thanks for the input guys.

The oven method seems a long time. Compared to the pressure cooker method.

Thankyou.

I already gave you my thoughts :)

Iso alc leaves residue and is not water soluable or poor solubility. How do you know that the dispenser was clear? It probably cleared and contaminated a few vials then was fine which is probably why it didnt happen with all of them.