• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Race to 500lb Deadlift

135 x 12 pause reps
225 x 10 fast
315 x 8 fast
405 x 3
475 x 1 with a drop (I know this wouldnt count)

No straps. No belt.

Once you have your feet set, bend over and pull that shit. Wasting a lot of time second guessing yourself in the set up. Walk up, bar over shoelaces, set arms out, line up, bend down with hands on bar, take the little slack out of the bar, and pull AGGRESSIVELY

Once you have your feet set, bend over and pull that shit. Wasting a lot of time second guessing yourself in the set up. Walk up, bar over shoelaces, set arms out, line up, bend down with hands on bar, take the little slack out of the bar, and pull AGGRESSIVELY

For sure. I pull within moments of both hands touching the bar. You have to believe too. If you don't it's over before the bar moves.

Well, I’ve gone backwards. WAMP

Couldn’t pull 455 today. Gotta keep grindin I guess.

Well, I’ve gone backwards. WAMP

Couldn’t pull 455 today. Gotta keep grindin I guess.
Give us more info. How often are you deadlifting? This is a lift that historically with nearly every coach or training system doesn’t work well with high frequency. What is the rest of your training looking like? Bw constant? I would bet the answer is in there somewhere

Give us more info. How often are you deadlifting? This is a lift that historically with nearly every coach or training system doesn’t work well with high frequency. What is the rest of your training looking like? Bw constant? I would bet the answer is in there somewhere

On a PPL bodybuilding split and deadlift 10 days apart. Have another back day in there at day 6.

BW constant? If this is body weight I just check my weigh ins and I’m down about 7lbs since that pull.

I think I have 2 ideas of what it could be.

1. The Red 45 Bumper plates don’t actually weigh 45, been using the black 20kg bumper plates and they feel a lot heavier. (Gonna bring a scale next time and see)

2. I was about 10 days off enhancement when I pulled the 475.

Could be a mix of both..... I’ll get back there one way or the other damn it!

Well red plates could be 25 kg, and that’s 55 lbs unless they are marked differently. Coming off the sauce will do that to ya

Hit 500lb tonight then went for 510 I got it locked it but grip slipped so had to set it down real quick. Will post videos once I edit.

Used belt and wrist wraps.
No chalk
I went 135x 8
225x1
315x1
405x1
500x1
510x1 - lost grip after lock out
510 again didn’t get it but 3 inches off ground

315x12 to finish and work on form

Still plugging away...... productive day I think. Hoping to at least get back to my sauce number by the end of the year damn it!

225x8
315x8
405x2 x4

Still plugging away...... productive day I think. Hoping to at least get back to my sauce number by the end of the year damn it!

225x8
315x8
405x2 x4
Your getting there, I am close too got 405x3 yesterday, my heaviest single a few weeks back was 425.

Your getting there, I am close too got 405x3 yesterday, my heaviest single a few weeks back was 425.

Thanks man! It’s a little frustrating to say the least.... I based my progress on my “on” number and now “off” these weights feel way heavier. Ha

That’s about where I’m at about 15% decrease. Been working on getting my glutes and hams involved earlier. Also just grabbing the bar an pulling, less fucking around.
Funny you say that about the posterior, because the glutes were the hardest for me to activate, until I started doing RDLs religiously.