Race to a 455lb bench press

Discussion in 'Powerlifting Forum' started by Perrin Aybara, Oct 9, 2019.

1. BigBaldBeardGuy

BigBaldBeardGuy Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Not too late until one of us finally gets it.

Just don’t be a dick and be a 500 pound presser that can do it easily and ruin all our fun!

Whatcha got?!

2. J0han

J0han Member

I wish, only a young buck myself, working to that 500lb press one day. Best lift so far is 410lb. Flys off the chest, I got some long ass arms so my lockout is ass.

Fryguy, Btcowboy and Perrin Aybara like this.
  3. J0han

J0han Member

Not sure if this was mentioned or asked in this thread, couldn’t find it at least. Are elbow sleeves allowed, or are we going no gear other than what’s used in competition, ie. wrist wraps and possibly a belt.

4. NovaFlex

NovaFlex Member

Pretty sure elbow sleeves would be allowed. They’re pretty standard.

Fryguy and J0han like this.
  5. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

I'm okay with elbow sleeves even though they aren't allowed at meets. Wrist wraps and belt okay too.

Worf, Fryguy and J0han like this.
  6. SaneDog

SaneDog Member

That's a big bench man. Good luck with your journey.

7. Fryguy

Fryguy Member

This dude is a beast. He's got another video with 200lb DB's × 14.

I'm hoping staying consistent with diet and training I'll get even halfway where he's at.

Perrin Aybara likes this.
  8. Fryguy

Fryguy Member

I attempted another 455lbs today. Didn't get it. Something I noticed was my feet started to lift off the ground as I positioned the bar above me. Does anyone know a way to prevent this? It was impossible for me to drive through my legs.

Blange89 likes this.
  9. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

If you're setting up right it shouldn't even be possible. Grip the bar, drive your traps down into the bench, plant your feet and drive through them making your whole body tight before unracking.

Worf and Fryguy like this.
  10. Fryguy

Fryguy Member

True. I wasnt sure if it was a common problem. It felt like my back sunk into the bench causing my feet to lift. I'm gonna work with 405 for a while and come back lol.

Btcowboy and Perrin Aybara like this.
  11. Blange89

Blange89 Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I have the same problem on trying for pr's, my feet will come up and my knees try clenching the bench

Fryguy likes this.
  12. Fryguy

Fryguy Member

By clench do you mean with my legs?

Blange89 likes this.
  13. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

I'm not even in the race at the moment. I cut down to 198lbs and my bench is down a lot right now. My cholesterol came back a little out of whack this month, so it's just gonna be cruising for awhile without gaining much weight. I'll be happy with 405x1 in a few months at a lighter weight and get back after 455lbs later this year.

Worf, Fryguy, Blange89 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Blange89

Blange89 Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Yeah

Fryguy likes this.