Recomp Cycle Feedback (without Tren)

BlueBearFromHell

Suspected alternate account for @Axle Labs
Recently did a 14 week gaining blast. I got my pro card in classic physique prior to this blast so was very lean in the start but I think bf% is a bit too high now. Weight went 170->200 over the 14 weeks. Bodyfat went from around 7% to 18ish% though. Height is 5'8".
Planning a cut now for a music festival, but I'd like to recomp over most of the cut if possible.

I've been using gear for about 4 years now (blast / cruise).
I was thinking something like this:

Week 1-10: 650mg Test-E/wk
Week 10-12: 250mg Test-E/wk
Week 1-12: 50mg Anavar/day (6x/wk on workout days)
Week 1-12: 500mg Mast-E/wk
Week 1-10: 3-4iu HGH/day
Week 1-10: 500mg Deca/wk (Not sure about this one, but can't think of something else that would help as much with muscle gain)
I'd prefer to avoid tren to not fuck my heart up.

Congrats on your Procard. You definitely have a lot more experience than I do but I couldn't imagine cutting on something that would create hunger. To me it just seems like It would induce suffering lol

Congrats on your Procard. You definitely have a lot more experience than I do but I couldn't imagine cutting on something that would create hunger. To me it just seems like It would induce suffering lol
Thanks.

I usually just throw in EC stack to curb hunger / deal with it by eating higher volume, less calorie dense foods. After a certain point of leanness though you just have to live with it.

You went pro 12lbs under your weight cap in classic? In the NPC? And you're using drugs to cut for a music festival?

Whether you add tissue or not will be dependent on food, not drugs. You can only tip the scales with gear as far as the available nutrients you're offering your body to build tissue.

You went pro 12lbs under your weight cap in classic? In the NPC? And you're using drugs to cut for a music festival?

Whether you add tissue or not will be dependent on food, not drugs. You can only tip the scales with gear as far as the available nutrients you're offering your body to build tissue.
I measured a hair under 5'7" by not standing tall (on purpose). Weight cap was 175, so was 5 pounds under. I will of course stand tall in the pro leagues to get as much weight as possible though.

Well, drugs will definitely play a major role in whether you add muscle tissue or not. But I do agree training and nutrition is more important. I think I have those 2 down. So I'm looking for a stack that will help "tip the scales" in my favor to build muscle in a deficit. I wouldn't say I'm using the drugs to cut. I'm aware my calorie deficit is what will make me drop fat.

Congrats on the card.

I disagree with using gear for such purposes if you're intending to compete as a pro but nonetheless...

1600mg of drugs before orals for this is excessive IMO. I also don't understand the drop in test. You trying to drop some water or something prior to the event? Inclusion of deca would for most people largely negate that. 12 weeks of Var is also a shit ton, gonna wreak havoc on your lipids among other issues, and doesn't help keep progress going at a flat dose.

Test/mast/Var is absolutely plenty for this and IMO if you chase two goals at once you're gonna end up with neither (getting lean enough to be happy vs adding some size while leaning up). I'd pick one.

Simple option:
Weeks 1-6
Test
Mast

Weeks 7-12
Test
Mast
Var ramped from 50-100 by 25mg every 2 weeks

I'd choose a test/mast ratio that helps avoid using anti estrogen if possible unless mast kills your hairline.

Congrats on the card.

I disagree with using gear for such purposes if you're intending to compete as a pro but nonetheless...

1600mg of drugs before orals for this is excessive IMO. I also don't understand the drop in test. You trying to drop some water or something prior to the event? Inclusion of deca would for most people largely negate that. 12 weeks of Var is also a shit ton, gonna wreak havoc on your lipids among other issues, and doesn't help keep progress going at a flat dose.

Test/mast/Var is absolutely plenty for this and IMO if you chase two goals at once you're gonna end up with neither (getting lean enough to be happy vs adding some size while leaning up). I'd pick one.

Simple option:
Weeks 1-6
Test
Mast

Weeks 7-12
Test
Mast
Var ramped from 50-100 by 25mg every 2 weeks

I'd choose a test/mast ratio that helps avoid using anti estrogen if possible unless mast kills your hairline.
Thank you!

Fair enough, I'll probably just keep it simple then and stick to that suggestion. I was iffy on the deca anyways. And yea, I was decreasing test (and also dropping deca if you look) the last 2 weeks to flush out water.
Thanks for the feedback.

Thank you!

Fair enough, I'll probably just keep it simple then and stick to that suggestion. I was iffy on the deca anyways. And yea, I was decreasing test (and also dropping deca if you look) the last 2 weeks to flush out water.
Thanks for the feedback.
Reason I mentioned them both is deca is nowhere near cleared in 2 weeks so the test drop is probably nullified.

Throw in 10iu insulin pre and post training and you should be able to put on muscle for most of that cut. Replace the deca with primo.

Congrats on the card. If you don't mind me asking, what was your prep cycle like?

Throw in 10iu insulin pre and post training and you should be able to put on muscle for most of that cut. Replace the deca with primo.

Congrats on the card. If you don't mind me asking, what was your prep cycle like?
Thanks.

Eh, I don't want to mess with insulin for this. I've tried primo once and my hair started falling out like crazy on it. Haven't messed with it since. I'll just stick to test, mast, var, hgh, and do my best to get stronger in the gym.

Prep cycle was:

Week 1-12: 500mg ramped to 650mg Test-E about midway
Week 12-14: 250mg Test-E/wk
Week 1-6: 500mg Deca/week
Week 7-14: 300 ramped to 500mg Mast-E/wk
Week 7-14: 210 ramped to 350mg Tren-A/wk
Week 7-14: 25mg -> 50mg -> 75mg Anavar/day (25mg bump every 2-3 weeks)
Week 13-14: 10mg ramped to 20mg Halo pre-workout
Week 1-13: 2iu HGH/day

Thanks.

Eh, I don't want to mess with insulin for this. I've tried primo once and my hair started falling out like crazy on it. Haven't messed with it since. I'll just stick to test, mast, var, hgh, and do my best to get stronger in the gym.

Prep cycle was:

Week 1-12: 500mg ramped to 650mg Test-E about midway
Week 12-14: 250mg Test-E/wk
Week 1-6: 500mg Deca/week
Week 7-14: 300 ramped to 500mg Mast-E/wk
Week 7-14: 210 ramped to 350mg Tren-A/wk
Week 7-14: 25mg -> 50mg -> 75mg Anavar/day (25mg bump every 2-3 weeks)
Week 13-14: 10mg ramped to 20mg Halo pre-workout
Week 1-13: 2iu HGH/day
What was your weight change during that prep? Now that doesn't look bad at all for a recomp.

Sponsors