RodgerThat's journey to beast mode

So gear update for me, I'll toss it in the gear thread as well. My SBD sleeves no longer fit because of gainz so I was waiting to get the slingshot sleeves but seems my size is never gonna get in so I bought the STrong sleeves (gonna keep the sbd sleeves for comps) also got a new full boar slingshot as my arms out grew my current one and picked up a hamstring cuff too will have a review on the cuff and sleeves in the gear thread too.

08/03/16
3.5hr hike 4900 feet elevation gain
Bench press 255 5x5
Banded Deadlift 275+80lb 10x3
SS
Dips BW 5x20
SS
Pull ups hands 45' angle close grip 5x8
Reverse grip bent over row 135 3x10
SS
Skipping 3 mins
Hammer curl 40s 3x10
SS
Banded tricep extension 80lb 3x12
20min jog, was wearing the wrong watch so don't know speed or distance

Sold my precious truck to get outa bumming rooms and making me not have to work so much so I'll have more time to lift and do summer shit but on the hunt for a beater truck now cause I can't live with my tiny car for getting to the places I want to go weekends. Anywhere cool in Canada requires 4x4 and a bit of balls

08/03/16
3.5hr hike 4900 feet elevation gain
Bench press 255 5x5
Banded Deadlift 275+80lb 10x3
SS
Dips BW 5x20
SS
Pull ups hands 45' angle close grip 5x8
Reverse grip bent over row 135 3x10
SS
Skipping 3 mins
Hammer curl 40s 3x10
SS
Banded tricep extension 80lb 3x12
20min jog, was wearing the wrong watch so don't know speed or distance

Sold my precious truck to get outa bumming rooms and making me not have to work so much so I'll have more time to lift and do summer shit but on the hunt for a beater truck now cause I can't live with my tiny car for getting to the places I want to go weekends. Anywhere cool in Canada requires 4x4 and a bit of balls

You could make some extra money charging noobs to judge their naked bodies.

Didn't sleep so hit it early today:
3km run
Drive to gym
30 mins working on snatch using 95lb for triples
Clean and jerk 145 10x2
Calves for 10 mins
SS
Shrugs for 10mins

Gonna go back at night to hit up a swim and the stair climber for a total of 1hr

08/05/16
Helped a buddy move his family today so that took 10 hours of just me and him lifting shit.
Still hit the gym but not gonna lie I needed a boost so took 20mg halo. Fucked cardio today all together just lifted.
Squats 405 6x3 sleeveless
C&J 185 6x3
OHP 135 5x5
Military OHP 95lb 4x12
Leg extensions 50lb ascending reps 1,1,2,2 all the way to 9,9 then 90lb for 27 reps
Stretched then gtfo cause I was done.

Couldn't have don't that workout without the halo today I just was not feeling it at all.

I would love to be able to do cardio at your elevation changes. I would rather do cardio outdoors, with a great view and enjoy the outdoors.

Hu guess I've kinda made a shitty log here. Final log related post then:
Finished my cycle yesterday was a good run. As long as I'm with the girl I currently have that will also be the last time I cycle until I need trt when I'm older cause I've screwed up my body starting so young I'm sure.

How it finished:
I'm currently 192lb have a solid 6 pack when flexing and a outlined 6 pack all the time. One rep maxes as follow all done within the past 2 weeks at under 195lb morning weight
Squat 475 with STrong sleeves I could get another 10lb with SBD sleeves I'm sure but not quite the mystical 5 plates I was hoping for.
Bench 340 controlled touch and go 315 paused reps 3x3
Deadlift 555, pulled 565 3 days ago to my knees but I didn't have chalk just liquid chalk garbage and it as mixed grip which is unusual for me now. Prefer hookgrip just can't hook without proper chalk so didn't finish the pull I can get it though the strengths there.
Clean and jerk 255 I cleaned 275 but couldn't get the jerk up guess I gotta jerk it more but with the new girlfriend it's hard to find time to practice
Snatch 155 super clean really happy about that in one month I've added 60lb to my snatch and technique is actually kinda there
Ran a 24min 5k
Ran a 49:56 10k
Got 17 dead hang pull-ups really wants 20 as that was the old standard for fitness.

So that's it, I'm not the biggest guy and not the strongest but LB for LB I'm hard pressed to find guys as strong or as athletic. From here on out I'll be maintaining strength and athletsism if I can stay as strong off cycle that would be ideal and I'll work on my Olympic lifting more and conditioning. I'm going to continue to compete in powerlifting but want to compete in oly lifting as well even if I'm not nearly as competitive as powerlifting just so I always have clear defined goals as that makes training after a 14 hour work day easier if I know I have to for my goals. Also for a fun side note I've signed up for 2 mountain bike races for enduro riding. So as long as pct goes well I believe I may have reached beast mode for myself

Not power clean full clean I couldn't power clean it I need the front squat to get up and under it

So is a full clean when you pull it off the floor then get under it in the front squat position , then basically front squat ?

So is a full clean when you pull it off the floor then get under it in the front squat position , then basically front squat ?
Ya just like in the Olympics were they can only pull to about nipple height so then they shoot themselves under catching it in the hole in the front squat position then squatting up. Power clean it goes from the floor to your shoulders without the front squat. Powerclean it the general athletes version of the clean because it incorporates all the major aspects without the technical portion of diving under for the front squat catch, you'll get all the positives from a powerclean increasing speed and explosiveness the full clean is more for just the motion and to actually do Olympic lifts.

Hu guess I've kinda made a shitty log here. Final log related post then:
Finished my cycle yesterday was a good run. As long as I'm with the girl I currently have that will also be the last time I cycle until I need trt when I'm older cause I've screwed up my body starting so young I'm sure.

How it finished:
I'm currently 192lb have a solid 6 pack when flexing and a outlined 6 pack all the time. One rep maxes as follow all done within the past 2 weeks at under 195lb morning weight
Squat 475 with STrong sleeves I could get another 10lb with SBD sleeves I'm sure but not quite the mystical 5 plates I was hoping for.
Bench 340 controlled touch and go 315 paused reps 3x3
Deadlift 555, pulled 565 3 days ago to my knees but I didn't have chalk just liquid chalk garbage and it as mixed grip which is unusual for me now. Prefer hookgrip just can't hook without proper chalk so didn't finish the pull I can get it though the strengths there.
Clean and jerk 255 I cleaned 275 but couldn't get the jerk up guess I gotta jerk it more but with the new girlfriend it's hard to find time to practice
Snatch 155 super clean really happy about that in one month I've added 60lb to my snatch and technique is actually kinda there
Ran a 24min 5k
Ran a 49:56 10k
Got 17 dead hang pull-ups really wants 20 as that was the old standard for fitness.

So that's it, I'm not the biggest guy and not the strongest but LB for LB I'm hard pressed to find guys as strong or as athletic. From here on out I'll be maintaining strength and athletsism if I can stay as strong off cycle that would be ideal and I'll work on my Olympic lifting more and conditioning. I'm going to continue to compete in powerlifting but want to compete in oly lifting as well even if I'm not nearly as competitive as powerlifting just so I always have clear defined goals as that makes training after a 14 hour work day easier if I know I have to for my goals. Also for a fun side note I've signed up for 2 mountain bike races for enduro riding. So as long as pct goes well I believe I may have reached beast mode for myself

Proud of ya big guy!

Ya just like in the Olympics were they can only pull to about nipple height so then they shoot themselves under catching it in the hole in the front squat position then squatting up. Power clean it goes from the floor to your shoulders without the front squat. Powerclean it the general athletes version of the clean because it incorporates all the major aspects without the technical portion of diving under for the front squat catch, you'll get all the positives from a powerclean increasing speed and explosiveness the full clean is more for just the motion and to actually do Olympic lifts.

Great explanation, thanks!!

Forgot to post a pic for the final shabang post I put up, here's me today right before I started my workout the beautiful test is leaving my body but I'm at a comfortable spot right now and even if I lose a bit of mass I feel like I'm still doing alright.
image.jpeg