Showdown 2021 Meet

So I watch jamals DL video like a million times trying to guess at what happened. The thing i noticed is that the bar lost contact with his body after the knees which couldve been caused by a failure to extend the back proportionally to the quads on the way up which caused a sticking point due to overloading the lower back at that angle. What do you think?

Last edited:
So I watch jamals DL video like a million times trying to guess at what happened. The thing i noticed is that the bar lost contact with his body after the knees which couldve been caused by a failure to extend the back proportionally to the quads on the way up which caused a sticking point due to overloading the lower back at that angle. What do you think?

I don't think he timed the hips shooting forward fast enough but who knows honestly, there's a lot of different things happening there... and JB is incredibly technically proficient.

I've followed his journey for a bit and that shit was honestly hard for me to watch.

Sully hitting that record made the hair on my neck stand though... I've followed him the longest out of everyone I think. Dude was an HVAC tech that ended up getting the opportunity to make a career of this... so cool to see him come so far. I about got choked up when his GF hit her 600lb deadlift record.

Some of the other guys I was really looking forward to seeing really didn't have the greatest meets but still a lot of fun to watch. Nothing was as hard to see as that JB miss though, God damn. Such a cool and humble guy, rooting for him... it's clearly coming soon.

I don't think he timed the hips shooting forward fast enough but who knows honestly, there's a lot of different things happening there... and JB is incredibly technically proficient.

I've followed his journey for a bit and that shit was honestly hard for me to watch.

Sully hitting that record made the hair on my neck stand though... I've followed him the longest out of everyone I think. Dude was an HVAC tech that ended up getting the opportunity to make a career of this... so cool to see him come so far. I about got choked up when his GF hit her 600lb deadlift record.

Some of the other guys I was really looking forward to seeing really didn't have the greatest meets but still a lot of fun to watch. Nothing was as hard to see as that JB miss though, God damn. Such a cool and humble guy, rooting for him... it's clearly coming soon.
Looked like it just got out in front of him a Tad and at those weight it’s pretty much over with at that point

Back